Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage door torsion spring broken ... and ... I have no questions!

The wife screamed there was a gunshot in the garage and yelled at me to
grab the grandkids and shoo them out the front door immediately.

This is what I found in the garage:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7329/1...e2064872_o.gif

The funny thing is, we've already covered *everything* here, on
alt.home.repair; so, I have no additional questions for you guys!
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3682/1...ccf1e6c8_o.gif

I'll give Dan at DDM Garage Doors a call in the morning, and, I'll have
yet another garage door torsion spring repair under my belt.

I'll measure the springs, upgrade to heavier-duty springs (I'll aim for
around 40K cycles), order new springs, winding cones, bearings, cables,
hinges, etc. (as needed) - and I'll remove and install everything
(probably in about an hour).

Thanks to all your past advice and help - there just isn't anything
unknown about the DIY replacement of this particular garage door torsion
spring repair. (Or so I hope.)