Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Expanding garden hose -- to be avoided

High failure rate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQQJMh9oGQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnzm5yQ5CNM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JocGY8Vkntc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37u7n4wToY

"pocket hose" and other brands of expanding
garden hose have a high failure rate.

Might explode, and delay your home repair.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, October 25, 2013 6:41:01 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
High failure rate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQQJMh9oGQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnzm5yQ5CNM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JocGY8Vkntc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37u7n4wToY

"pocket hose" and other brands of expanding

garden hose have a high failure rate.

Might explode, and delay your home repair.

--

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

What's the water pressure in China?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/25/2013 9:51 AM, wrote:
On Friday, October 25, 2013 6:41:01 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
High failure rate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQQJMh9oGQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnzm5yQ5CNM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JocGY8Vkntc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37u7n4wToY
.

What's the water pressure in China?

I've totally no clue. Less than here, likely.
--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/25/2013 9:41 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
High failure rate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQQJMh9oGQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnzm5yQ5CNM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JocGY8Vkntc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37u7n4wToY

"pocket hose" and other brands of expanding
garden hose have a high failure rate.

Might explode, and delay your home repair.

To me, it was obvious from the get go that these things would be crap.
Have they shown up in the Dollar store yet?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/25/2013 08:41 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
High failure rate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQQJMh9oGQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnzm5yQ5CNM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JocGY8Vkntc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37u7n4wToY

"pocket hose" and other brands of expanding
garden hose have a high failure rate.

Might explode, and delay your home repair.

What if you put a pressure reducer before it? That claims to limit
pressue to 40-50 PSI.

--
61 days until The winter celebration (Wed 25 Dec, 2013 12:00:00 AM for 1
day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Man created God in his own image."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/25/2013 12:25 PM, Frank wrote:
On 10/25/2013 9:41 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
High failure rate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQQJMh9oGQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnzm5yQ5CNM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JocGY8Vkntc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37u7n4wToY

"pocket hose" and other brands of expanding
garden hose have a high failure rate.

Might explode, and delay your home repair.

To me, it was obvious from the get go that these things would be crap.
Have they shown up in the Dollar store yet?

No, but I have seen CFL light bulbs.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Stormin Mormon wrote:

"pocket hose" and other brands of expanding
garden hose have a high failure rate.

Might explode, and delay your home repair.

I'm not surprised. I thought they were made of spam, and spam isn't very
strong.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/25/2013 4:22 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Stormin Mormon wrote:

"pocket hose" and other brands of expanding
garden hose have a high failure rate.

Might explode, and delay your home repair.

I'm not surprised. I thought they were made of spam, and spam isn't very
strong.

"as seen on TV!" some how doesn't equate to "good quality".

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 16:22:37 -0400, Don Wiss
wrote:

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Stormin Mormon wrote:

"pocket hose" and other brands of expanding
garden hose have a high failure rate.

Might explode, and delay your home repair.

I'm not surprised. I thought they were made of spam, and spam isn't very
strong.

Could be but it makes up for it in volume.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 10/25/2013 08:41 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
High failure rate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQQJMh9oGQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnzm5yQ5CNM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JocGY8Vkntc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37u7n4wToY

"pocket hose" and other brands of expanding
garden hose have a high failure rate.

Might explode, and delay your home repair.

What if you put a pressure reducer before it? That claims to limit
pressue to 40-50 PSI.

Or buy a real hose for a lot less $.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/26/2013 02:18 AM, Bob F wrote:
Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 10/25/2013 08:41 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
High failure rate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQQJMh9oGQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnzm5yQ5CNM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JocGY8Vkntc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37u7n4wToY

"pocket hose" and other brands of expanding
garden hose have a high failure rate.

Might explode, and delay your home repair.

What if you put a pressure reducer before it? That claims to limit
pressue to 40-50 PSI.

Or buy a real hose for a lot less $.

That expanding hose is lighter, and easier to carry around. It also
doesn't kink nearly as much.

I have been using it with a hose-end sprayer to put fungicide on the
golden brown spots in my yard. I suppose it won't last as long, but it
works now.

--
60 days until The winter celebration (Wednesday December 25, 2013 12:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

Frisbeetarianism, n.:

The belief that when you die, your soul goes up on
the roof and gets stuck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 09:41:01 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

High failure rate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQQJMh9oGQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnzm5yQ5CNM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JocGY8Vkntc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37u7n4wToY

"pocket hose" and other brands of expanding
garden hose have a high failure rate.

Might explode, and delay your home repair.

I suspect they were never intended to be fully pressurized.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

High failure rate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQQJMh9oGQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnzm5yQ5CNM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JocGY8Vkntc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37u7n4wToY

"pocket hose" and other brands of expanding
garden hose have a high failure rate.

Might explode, and delay your home repair.

I suspect they were never intended to be fully pressurized.

Which of the tasks in this video do you typically do with less than full
pressure?

Washing the muddy jeep? Rinsing off the concrete patio? Watering the
landscaping?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ-xlag...%3DrQ-xlag2xjI
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

High failure rate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQQJMh9oGQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnzm5yQ5CNM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JocGY8Vkntc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37u7n4wToY

"pocket hose" and other brands of expanding
garden hose have a high failure rate.

Might explode, and delay your home repair.

I suspect they were never intended to be fully pressurized.

Which of the tasks in this video do you typically do with less than full
pressure?

Washing the muddy jeep? Rinsing off the concrete patio? Watering the
landscaping?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ-xlag...%3DrQ-xlag2xjI

What I meant was they never intended for you to have the outlet end of
the hose completely shut off thereby building up full mains pressure
for the entire length of the hose. When you have a nozzle on the end
of a hose you don't have mains pressure in the hose, you have
substantially less, probably rarely more then 30 psi, not the likely
60+ psi you get with it shut off. I don't doubt that it's overall a
crappy hose that's not going to last long, just saying it wasn't
intended to be subjected to that kind of pressure, particularly
without the outer sheath on it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

What do you do with a hose that can never be shut off?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

There's a big difference between "not intended to" and "not built well
enough to".

I can't imagine anyone selling a hose "not intended to" be shut off. It's
simply "not built well enough to" be shut off.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You turn it off at the faucet valve.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Are you kidding? The really cheap hardware store hoses are crappy
thin vinyl and here in AZ if you "shut it off" like you are talking
about and leave it in the hot sun for a while you risk a blowout. It's
seems obvious to me, but apparently not to you, that the pocket hoses
are intended for little more then doing some gentle watering or
carport hose down as long as you don't block the end off causing it
to blow up. In exchange for the light weight and compact size you
give up strength. It isn't rocket science.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Ashton Crusher wrote:.

[...]

Why are you bringing up regional weather conditions and hardware store
hoses as part of a discussion related to the what the sellers of a specific
product intended it to be used for? We're not discussing the quality of the
hose, which we all know is crap, we're discussing your statement that the
hose was not intended to be left under full pressure, i.e. not intended to
be shut off during use.

It's
seems obvious to me, but apparently not to you, that the pocket hoses
are intended for little more then doing some gentle watering or
carport hose down as long as you don't block the end off causing it
to blow up.

Did you watch even video I linked to?

Watch the commercials. Watch how they exaggerate all the problems with
regular hoses. The tangles, the kinking, the weight, the pain to put away.
Notice how they claim all of those problems will be solved with their
incredible product. They are obviously implying that we should all replace
our old pain-in-the-butt standard hoses with a product that has none of
those problems. That also implies that their hose can be used for all of
the tasks that you use a regular hose for.

Just look at the video I linked to. They use the hose to wash a muddy jeep.
There's no proper way to wash a vehicle - especially in the hot sun -
without turning the hose on and off multiple times. Do you really think
that they "intend" that you to walk back to the spigot before and after
each time you rinse off a new section?

In exchange for the light weight and compact size you
give up strength.

That's true, but it's not the same thing as saying that the hose was "not
intended to" be used like any other hose. They clearly show their "intent"
by comparing their hose to regular hoses and by showing it being used for
the same tasks.

It isn't rocket science.

No, it's crappy, gimmicky manufacturing to keep the price down.

Posted to alt.home.repair

There ws a tv blitz ad for the hose over a weekend about a month ago, and then absolutely no advertising that I have seen, It just disappeared.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Never put a sprayer on it? That's about as useful as a typical
Democrat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

For a real weak hose that may be your only option, yes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Ashton Crusher wrote:.

[...]

When I say "intended" I mean by the people designing and specing and
producing it. I have no doubt they all thought "this thing is a piece
of crap that will explode if anyone shuts off the nozzle for more then
a few seconds". Apparently I'm the only one not surprised that the
SELLERS vastly exaggerated the benefits and ignore the obvious
deficiencies of the hose. Yes, I did watch the video.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ashton Crusher wrote:

....snip...

When I say "intended" I mean by the people designing and specing and
producing it. I have no doubt they all thought "this thing is a piece
of crap that will explode if anyone shuts off the nozzle for more then
a few seconds".

I worry about people who have no doubt that they know what other people are
thinking. I worry that their life might somehow intersect with mine. That's
really scary.

Apparently I'm the only one not surprised that the
SELLERS vastly exaggerated the benefits and ignore the obvious
deficiencies of the hose. Yes, I did watch the video.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Idiot. You still don't get the difference between design and junk.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Expanding garden hose -- I know what you're thinking....

On 10/27/2013 9:56 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Ashton Crusher wrote:

...snip...

When I say "intended" I mean by the people designing and specing and
producing it. I have no doubt they all thought "this thing is a piece
of crap that will explode if anyone shuts off the nozzle for more then
a few seconds".

I worry about people who have no doubt that they know what other people are
thinking. I worry that their life might somehow intersect with mine. That's
really scary.

Yes, and those people he is mind reading might be in a whole different
country, different culture, and different side of the planet.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
There ws a tv blitz ad for the hose over a weekend about a month ago,
and then absolutely no advertising that I have seen, It just
disappeared.

They can't make them fast enough??

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Expanding garden hose -- to be avoided The problem defined...

posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On Friday, October 25, 2013 6:41:01 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
High failure rate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgQQJMh9oGQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnzm5yQ5CNM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JocGY8Vkntc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37u7n4wToY

"pocket hose" and other brands of expanding

garden hose have a high failure rate.

Might explode, and delay your home repair.

--

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

What's the water pressure in China?

It has *horrors* Hose Dysfunction! It doesn't get
stiff enough. Companies are working on it. They
MAY have a solution in gasp rubber. Buy the
correct product from a Canadian pharma and rub it
on until it gets stiff. Too much rubbing will
cause it to emit!

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

What would happen if you showed the expanding hose nekid pictures of
girl hoses? o_O

I'm pretty sure it would first expand and then squirt.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/28/2013 7:15 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
For a real weak hose that may be your only option, yes.

With no nozzle and no back pressure... no expanding either.

What would happen if you showed the expanding hose nekid pictures of
girl hoses? o_O

TDD

Since most of the expanding hoses are less than a year old,
they totally would not care. Now, about 10 years from now,
there might be a reaction (other than mass giggling and
throwing crumpled paper at the pictures).

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/30/2013 6:24 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/28/2013 7:15 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
For a real weak hose that may be your only option, yes.

With no nozzle and no back pressure... no expanding either.

What would happen if you showed the expanding hose nekid pictures of
girl hoses? o_O

TDD

Since most of the expanding hoses are less than a year old,
they totally would not care. Now, about 10 years from now,
there might be a reaction (other than mass giggling and
throwing crumpled paper at the pictures).

I was a kid once but I was interested in science and anatomy and I often
got into trouble for telling the girls how their bodies worked. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 10/30/2013 6:24 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/28/2013 7:15 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
For a real weak hose that may be your only option, yes.

With no nozzle and no back pressure... no expanding either.

What would happen if you showed the expanding hose nekid pictures of
girl hoses? o_O

TDD

Since most of the expanding hoses are less than a year old,
they totally would not care. Now, about 10 years from now,
there might be a reaction (other than mass giggling and
throwing crumpled paper at the pictures).

I was a kid once but I was interested in science and anatomy and I often
got into trouble for telling the girls how their bodies worked. ^_^

TDD

You were dirty mined little boy and you not shame of yourselves !

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/1/2013 12:27 AM, Tony944 wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 10/30/2013 6:24 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/28/2013 7:15 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
For a real weak hose that may be your only option, yes.

With no nozzle and no back pressure... no expanding either.

What would happen if you showed the expanding hose nekid pictures of
girl hoses? o_O

TDD

Since most of the expanding hoses are less than a year old,
they totally would not care. Now, about 10 years from now,
there might be a reaction (other than mass giggling and
throwing crumpled paper at the pictures).

I was a kid once but I was interested in science and anatomy and I often
got into trouble for telling the girls how their bodies worked. ^_^

TDD

You were dirty mined little boy and you not shame of yourselves !

When I was 6 years old and started first grade, I had decided all adults
were full of crap. My biggest mistake was letting the nuns know what I
had surmised. o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

I was a kid once but I was interested in science and anatomy and I often
got into trouble for telling the girls how their bodies worked. ^_^

TDD

Yep, some thing called a whore moan. Once a month,
it becomes active, and you get crabby. Then, you
bleed out of your what's-what, and can't have
relations for a couple days. You have to live all
alone without relations.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Fun expanding garden hose Stormin Mormon[_10_] Home Repair 15 August 23rd 13 11:44 PM
Garden hose MiamiCuse Home Repair 22 July 16th 09 05:13 AM
Best Garden Hose Wayne Boatwright[_4_] Home Repair 17 May 23rd 09 07:25 PM
Hose adapter - Facuet to Garden Hose? MP Home Repair 7 July 26th 07 02:43 AM
Air Hose as Garden Hose?? Derek Metalworking 11 March 23rd 05 09:25 AM