Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DD is hurting

I went to the FBI about a sheriffs deputy who was running names through
NCIC for private individuals who were not law enforcement and had no
business with the printouts on anyone. The FBI investigated and
confirmed what he was doing. I later got a call from one of the FBI
agents who informed me that U.S. Attorney told them that they didn't
consider it a serious enough and weren't going to prosecute. I asked the
agent if I could get a list of federal crimes that were not considered
serious enough to prosecute anyone for. Of course, they couldn't do it
but The FBI did notify the county sheriff about it and the deputy was
fired. I have to accept what small victories I can get and that kind
of behavior by government agents is why I never trust any government
agency with ANY information about me. ^_^

Oh, FFS. Where the hell do you people think the gov't is getting most
of their data from? They get it from private corporations who track
your activities and share that information with other corporations, as
well as the government.

Google "data brokers", people. These are private companies that do
nothing but assemble data dossiers on individuals. They buy that data
from all the businesses you do business with.

Everything you do online that's connected to your real name is
collected and reported.

Everything you do online that's connected to your IP address and
internet account is collected and reported.

For instance: 'Data companies can capture information about your
"interests" in certain health conditions based on what you buy €” or
what you search for online. Datalogix has lists of people classified
as "allergy sufferers" and "dieters." Acxiom sells data on whether an
individual has an "online search propensity" for a certain "ailment or
prescription."'
http://www.propublica.org/article/ev...know-about-you

Everything you purchase by check, debit card, or credit card, or that
involves providing your personal information, is noted and reported.

For instance: 'Walt Disney ... described sharing even more
information: not just a person's name and address and what they
purchased, but their age, occupation, and the number, age and gender
of their children. It listed companies that received data, among them
companies owned by Disney, like ABC and ESPN, as well as others,
including Honda, HarperCollins Publishing, Almay cosmetics, and yogurt
company Dannon.'
http://www.propublica.org/article/ev...know-about-you

Odds are your employer is or eventually will be reporting your salary
and benefit information, too.

EXCLUSIVE: Your employer may share your salary, and Equifax might sell
that data
....Its database is so detailed that it contains week-by-week paystub
information dating back years for many individuals, as well as other
kinds of human resources-related information, such as health care
provider, whether someone has dental insurance and if theyve ever
filed an unemployment claim.
How does Equifax obtain this sensitive and secret information?
With the willing aid of thousands of U.S. businesses, including many
of the Fortune 500.
http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ex...Slug=technolog

Do you e-file your tax returns? Then you chose to share your financial
data with a private company.

Private companies provide street and satellite images of your property
to anyone who wants it.

It's ****ing hilarious how you all gripe about the "government"
keeping tabs on you, when the real threat is the private sector. Think
about this: they know who buys guns and ammo, they know who subscribes
to gun-related magazines, they know who belongs to gun rights
organizations. And one of the biggest invaders of personal privacy
with regards to guns is the good old NRA.

While the National Rifle Association publicly fights against a
national gun registry, the organization has gone to incredible lengths
to compile information on €śtens of millions€ť of gun owners €” without
their consent.
The organizations database includes personal information from
people who have attended gun-safety classes taught by NRA-certified
instructors or gun shows. The NRA also collected gun permit
information from state and county offices, as well as the names of gun
magazine subscribers.
Three million Americans are members of the NRA, but the database
has information from tens of millions of people, NRA lobbyist Richard
Feldman told BuzzFeed.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/stevefriess/...-of-gun-owners

The corporate sector has a more direct impact on most people's lives
than does the government. The gov't isn't gonna care if you've been
fired from previous jobs, called your former boss a prick, researched
a chronic health condition, or use cigarettes, guns, or alcohol. Your
employer, your insurers, and your lenders do -- and right now, there
is no law prohibiting them from using that information when making
decisions about you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/10/2013 7:05 AM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

[...]

**********Trim Da Phat**********

Moe, you posted a lot of good modern information. The only problem with
reference to my experience is that my contact with The FBI happened
before Google existed. I gave up on trying to get help or trying to get
my government to do the right thing long before "The Internet" became an
integral part of our society. Over the years I've done my best to
scramble any information on me in any database private or government.
The trick is to make sure no laws are violated in the process. At one
time, The Department Of Public Safety had no legal right to have my
Social Security number until a law was passed giving them the legal
authority to possess it. There is no law that requires me to remember
the number or to carry the card on my person. When private non-
government people ask me for information, they're going to get a
fabrication unless they have some legal right to it or I would be using
false information to defraud them. That's why I want fake ID for those
instances when private parties demand ID for me to receive a product or
service I'm paying for. Know the law or know what you can get away with.
^_^

TDD