Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where's The Home Repair Stuff

All I see on here lately is off topic politics and other junk!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/01/2013 07:35 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

100 feet of tangled and twisted hose is a pain to untangle and untwist.
I'd reccomend 50 foot lengths of hose, unless you really need the long
distance without a coupling in the middle.

So far I like the heavy red octagonal hose from Tractor Supply. Haven't
managed to kink it yet and the couplings look like they won't buckle the
first time someone runs over it with a car.

I've been told that the "X-Hose" is actually pretty decent but I have no
personal experience

replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where's The garden hose?

On 10/1/2013 8:08 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

So far I like the heavy red octagonal hose from Tractor Supply. Haven't
managed to kink it yet and the couplings look like they won't buckle the
first time someone runs over it with a car.

I've been told that the "X-Hose" is actually pretty decent but I have no
personal experience

Hmm. Good to know. I've got enough garden hose for a while, but you
never know. What's the prices like? The cheap junk is about 8 bucks for
50 feet at walmart. I saw a 100 foot "commercial" hose at Harbor Freight
for $50. Kmart had 100 foot of light weight for $23 I think it was.
Spend a bit more, and enjoy quality for many years. My parents have a
couple length of Sears lifetime hose that are probably 40 years old.
Slightly weather cracked, but still work fine.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, October 1, 2013 8:33:11 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Hmm. Good to know. I've got enough garden hose for a while, but you
never know. What's the prices like? The cheap junk is about 8 bucks for
50 feet at walmart. I saw a 100 foot "commercial" hose at Harbor Freight
for $50.

All I need are a couple short hoses for a project. 6' to 10' at most. I can get 25' or 50' hoses cheaper!

I thought of cutting a couple short lengths from some scrap and putting ends on, but the ends are even more expensive than a complete hose!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 10:52:34 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

writes:

All I see on here lately is off topic politics and other junk!

Yep.

Someone just posted news group statistics.
Take the top posters and put them on ignore.
You'll get a bit closer to finding some home repair stuff.

Quit your bitchin'. You replied to the troll Home Guy.

Of course I'm in your kill file. Instead of addressing a person
directly you seem to do an end-run through other people. Grow a set.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/1/2013 1:43 PM, Oren wrote:

Quit your bitchin'. You replied to the troll Home Guy.

Of course I'm in your kill file. Instead of addressing a person
directly you seem to do an end-run through other people. Grow a set.

Watch this be the next #1 thread.... .

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 14:05:46 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 10/1/2013 1:43 PM, Oren wrote:

Quit your bitchin'. You replied to the troll Home Guy.

Of course I'm in your kill file. Instead of addressing a person
directly you seem to do an end-run through other people. Grow a set.

Watch this be the next #1 thread.... .

You just made it out of my kill file for bottom posting. Now fix your
delimiter of the sig line.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
All I see on here lately is off topic politics and other junk!
Caulking-Gunn:

You just happened to come in during the two week period we set aside every year for practicing silent meditation and becoming more self aware through quiet reflection on our minds and bodies.

It'll get back to normal soon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 10:12:45 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

But the ignorant, mindless use of obscenities on ahr does make one -wish for a moderated situation.

....and then we have the radicals of the left to deal with
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

But the ignorant, mindless use of obscenities on ahr does make one -wish for a moderated situation.

...and then we have the radicals of the left to deal with

and they are the source of flaming and obscene language.

I curse in real life too but can think faster than I can type and don't
use it in my postings.

Those using obscene language are either very fast typers or very slow
thinkers. I judge the latter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/1/2013 2:28 PM, Oren wrote:

You just made it out of my kill file for bottom posting. Now fix your
delimiter of the sig line.

Don't give me orders.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 15:49:05 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 10/1/2013 2:28 PM, Oren wrote:

You just made it out of my kill file for bottom posting. Now fix your
delimiter of the sig line.

Don't give me orders.

If I gave your "orders" I would need to drill a hole in you head and
pour them in.

FIX your delimiter...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

But the ignorant, mindless use of obscenities on ahr does make one -wish for a moderated situation.

...and then we have the radicals of the left to deal with

Not to mention the Neanderthals of the extreme Right (hate those increasingly meaningless terms) with their ideological feet firmly set in concrete (block that metaphor!)

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

But the ignorant, mindless use of obscenities on ahr does make one -wish for a moderated situation.

...and then we have the radicals of the left to deal with

Not to mention the Neanderthals of the extreme Right (hate those increasingly meaningless terms) with their ideological feet firmly set in concrete (block that metaphor!)

HB

Just plain silly. You planted your feet so are mine.

Why don't you debate with those that are scary to you? It must be when
the subject gets tough, the progressivism gets hard to defend the
agenda.

Huh?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

But the ignorant, mindless use of obscenities on ahr does make one -wish for a moderated situation.

...and then we have the radicals of the left to deal with

Not to mention the Neanderthals of the extreme Right (hate those increasingly meaningless terms) with their ideological feet firmly set in concrete (block that metaphor!)

HB

Just plain silly. You planted your feet so are mine.

Why don't you debate with those that are scary to you? It must be when

the subject gets tough, the progressivism gets hard to defend the

agenda.

Huh?

No it's not that. No trouble "defending the agenda" whatever THAT might mean.
Personally, I have no agenda in the terms that I THINK you are using, subject to correction.

It's just that, based on very serious scholarly research, augmented recently by brain "scans" -- when it becomes obvious that [A} and [B} are not even using the same frames of reference; the same world-view; the same vocabulary; have different objectives -- then debate becomes, with all respect, a waste of time.

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 20:37:54 +0200, nestork
wrote:

;3128519 Wrote:
All I see on here lately is off topic politics and other junk!

Caulking-Gunn:

Any relation to Peter?

You just happened to come in during the two week period we set aside
every year for practicing silent meditation and becoming more self aware
through quiet reflection on our minds and bodies.

It'll get back to normal soon.

It is normal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

But the ignorant, mindless use of obscenities on ahr does make one -wish for a moderated situation.

...and then we have the radicals of the left to deal with

Not to mention the Neanderthals of the extreme Right (hate those increasingly meaningless terms) with their ideological feet firmly set in concrete (block that metaphor!)

HB

Just plain silly. You planted your feet so are mine.

The old bag is dumb as a potato.

Why don't you debate with those that are scary to you? It must be when
the subject gets tough, the progressivism gets hard to defend the
agenda.

That would require a brain, which obviously Higgs Hag doesn't possess.

Huh?