Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lisa and the Dirt Pile

What ever happened to this sob story?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, September 13, 2013 12:30:48 AM UTC-5, I. P. Freely wrote:
What ever happened to this sob story?

Leeza Wang, where are you?????
Posted to alt.home.repair

No, Leza has had a lot of questions for a newbe, and has posted some pretty expanative pioctures, so I think she is for real.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in
:

No, Leza has had a lot of questions for a newbe, and has posted some
pretty expanative pioctures, so I think she is for real.

Agreed.

Too much effort for a "send-up(???)".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, September 16, 2013 6:11:31 PM UTC-4, Red Green wrote:
" wrote in

:

No, Leza has had a lot of questions for a newbe, and has posted some

pretty expanative pioctures, so I think she is for real.

Agreed.

Too much effort for a "send-up(???)".

Maybe she slipped on the water leaking into the basement
and fell into the mysterious hole at the bottom of the stairs.
She yelled for help and the neighbor that was piling dirt
on her property came over, they got into a fist fight and
now she's in jail....
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:
On Monday, September 16, 2013 6:11:31 PM UTC-4, Red Green wrote:
" wrote in

:

No, Leza has had a lot of questions for a newbe, and has posted some

pretty expanative pioctures, so I think she is for real.

Agreed.

Too much effort for a "send-up(???)".

Maybe she slipped on the water leaking into the basement
and fell into the mysterious hole at the bottom of the stairs.
She yelled for help and the neighbor that was piling dirt
on her property came over, they got into a fist fight and
now she's in jail....

Actually, the neighbor came over and filled the hole with the dirt, burying
her under her own stairs. Diabolical!
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

" wrote:
On Monday, September 16, 2013 6:11:31 PM UTC-4, Red Green wrote:
" wrote in

:

No, Leza has had a lot of questions for a newbe, and has posted
some

pretty expanative pioctures, so I think she is for real.

Agreed.

Too much effort for a "send-up(???)".

Maybe she slipped on the water leaking into the basement
and fell into the mysterious hole at the bottom of the stairs.
She yelled for help and the neighbor that was piling dirt
on her property came over, they got into a fist fight and
now she's in jail....

Actually, the neighbor came over and filled the hole with the dirt,
burying her under her own stairs. Diabolical!

I see a future "Cold Case" episode.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

" wrote:
On Monday, September 16, 2013 6:11:31 PM UTC-4, Red Green wrote:
" wrote in

:

No, Leza has had a lot of questions for a newbe, and has posted
some

pretty expanative pioctures, so I think she is for real.

Agreed.

Too much effort for a "send-up(???)".

Maybe she slipped on the water leaking into the basement
and fell into the mysterious hole at the bottom of the stairs.
She yelled for help and the neighbor that was piling dirt
on her property came over, they got into a fist fight and
now she's in jail....

Actually, the neighbor came over and filled the hole with the dirt,
burying her under her own stairs. Diabolical!

I see a future "Cold Case" episode.

Hi,
Funny thing is when I tried my short Chinese writing, she did not
respond same way. Maybe sshe is 2nd generation Chinese here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote in :

Red Green wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

" wrote:
[...]

Chinese writing? I don't recall any Chinese writing. Did I read it and
not realize it was Chinese? Man, 60's were rougher than I thought.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 23:01:39 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

Funny thing is when I tried my short Chinese writing, she did not
respond same way. Maybe sshe is 2nd generation Chinese here.

Chinese writing? I don't recall any Chinese writing. Did I read it and
not realize it was Chinese? Man, 60's were rougher than I thought.

Hmm, my news reader forbids me from in writing Chinese.
--
"Tout what he’s already done. Say the public’s in his corner. Demand Congress do something. Lament Washington dysfunction. Lay out his own plan. Avoid details. Urge voters to keep up the pressure. Warn it won’t be easy. Bask in the applause. It’s the fill-in-the-blank approach to selling a presidential agenda: same template, just adjusted for the topic." -- CARRIE BUDOFF BROWN
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Funny thing is when I tried my short Chinese writing, she did not
respond same way. Maybe sshe is 2nd generation Chinese here.

Chinese writing? I don't recall any Chinese writing. Did I read it and
not realize it was Chinese? Man, 60's were rougher than I thought.

Hmm, my news reader forbids me from in writing Chinese.

Your signature...

hes, publics, wont, its

Does your news reader forbid apostrophes too?

"Tout what heÂ’s already done. Say the publicÂ’s in his corner. Demand
Congress do something. Lament Washington dysfunction. Lay out his own plan.
Avoid details. Urge voters to keep up the pressure. Warn it wonÂ’t be easy.
Bask in the applause. ItÂ’s the fill-in-the-blank approach to selling a
presidential agenda: same template, just adjusted for the topic." -- CARRIE
BUDOFF BROWN
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Funny thing is when I tried my short Chinese writing, she did not
respond same way. Maybe sshe is 2nd generation Chinese here.

Chinese writing? I don't recall any Chinese writing. Did I read it and
not realize it was Chinese? Man, 60's were rougher than I thought.

Hmm, my news reader forbids me from in writing Chinese.

Not that many of us could read it if it was allowed...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Funny thing is when I tried my short Chinese writing, she did not
respond same way. Maybe sshe is 2nd generation Chinese here.

Chinese writing? I don't recall any Chinese writing. Did I read it and
not realize it was Chinese? Man, 60's were rougher than I thought.

Hmm, my news reader forbids me from in writing Chinese.

Your signature...

hes, publics, wont, its

Does your news reader forbid apostrophes too?

"Tout what he?s already done. Say the public?s in his corner. Demand
Congress do something. Lament Washington dysfunction. Lay out his own plan.
Avoid details. Urge voters to keep up the pressure. Warn it won?t be easy.
Bask in the applause. It?s the fill-in-the-blank approach to selling a
presidential agenda: same template, just adjusted for the topic." -- CARRIE
BUDOFF BROWN

Did you consider it might be a bug in your NewsTap?

Looks good from my house

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Funny thing is when I tried my short Chinese writing, she did not
respond same way. Maybe sshe is 2nd generation Chinese here.

Chinese writing? I don't recall any Chinese writing. Did I read it and
not realize it was Chinese? Man, 60's were rougher than I thought.

Hmm, my news reader forbids me from in writing Chinese.

Hi,
It is easy. I grew up learning traditional Chinese characters from my
great grand father and grand father when I was a toddler and on. Now
Beijing(Mandarin) uses simplified characters which is often hard to
figure out. Hong Kong and Taiwan still use traditonal ones. 天(heaven),
地(earth), etc.
The name Wong could be one of many letters. like 王(king),
黃(yellow),etc. depending whether Mandarin or Cantonese. My ancestor was
Chinese who landed on SE corner of Korean peninsula around early 13th
century. My family history book goes back to that time. I am 37th
generation every one in between is recorded. My kids who were born here
are on it too. They revise and publish the book every so often like 7 to
10 years. Now in multiple CD disc form.
He was an exiled general. So my family name is 黃(yellow). Around 2005 I
had traveled main land China from Manchuria all the way down to S.
Vietnam where I spent 3 years during the war. I flew, took ferries,
trains, buses. Had great time.
I had hard time being unable to speak Chinese(VERY limited vocabulary)
but I could read and write to understand. They kept talking to me in
Chinese. When I wave Canuck passport they were puzzzled. I used to make
joke to them that I am an Eskimo. More puzzled look on the faces, LOL!
I hope to go back some day and ride a train to Tibet. May need some
oxygen bottles then.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Interesting. I'm posting from an iPad using NewsTap Lite.

Your signature showed no apostrophes in your post, no apostrophes when I
copied/pasted it into my post while composing and no apostrophes when I
read my post after posting. However, when you replied, I see question marks
wherever the apostrophes should be.

What do you see in the quoted portions of this post? Question marks or
apostrophes?

When I get a chance I'll check Outlook, Thunderbird and Google to see what
I see.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

In your quotes, question marks. In his original, apostrophes. I left
both, above. Perhaps you can see it.

When I get a chance I'll check Outlook, Thunderbird and Google to see what
I see.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 09:03:21 -0400, wrote:

Did you consider it might be a bug in your NewsTap?

Looks good from my house

Interesting. I'm posting from an iPad using NewsTap Lite.

Your signature showed no apostrophes in your post, no apostrophes when I
copied/pasted it into my post while composing and no apostrophes when I
read my post after posting. However, when you replied, I see question marks
wherever the apostrophes should be.

What do you see in the quoted portions of this post? Question marks or
apostrophes?

In your quotes, question marks. In his original, apostrophes. I left
both, above. Perhaps you can see it.

+1

Why no sig now? It looks like you only used that sig once.

In any case, Thunderbird showed the quotes in your original post, but
Google Groups and NewsTap does not.

In the post where you said that your news reader forbids Chinese writing,
Google Groups and my NewsTap Lite (iPad app) do not show the quotes.

Keep in mind that your sig does not automatically appear when I follow up,
I have to copy it from your post. When I do that, it doesn't paste quotes
or question marks, but the question marks appear in the post after
submission.

I wonder if it's that particular sig, which I assume you copied from a
webpage. I know that there are things called "smart quotes" which can screw
up the way they appear in a document. Apparently the quotes used in the sig
you posted are not "standard" quotes and both NewsTap and GG get confused
by them.

Could you try editing the sig and replacing the quotes with regular quotes
from your keyboard to see what happens?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:41:47 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Could you try editing the sig and replacing the quotes with regular quotes
from your keyboard to see what happens?

This is from the sig file - original as posted with the delimiter.

"Tout what he’S already done. Say the public’s in his corner. Demand
Congress do something. Lament Washington dysfunction. Lay out his own
plan. Avoid details. Urge voters to keep up the pressure. Warn it
won’t be easy. Bask in the applause. It’s the fill-in-the-blank
approach to selling a presidential agenda: same template, just
adjusted for the topic." -- CARRIE BUDOFF BROWN

Any difference with the same quote in the sig below?

--
"Tout what he’s already done. Say the public’s in his corner. Demand
Congress do something. Lament Washington dysfunction. Lay out his own
plan. Avoid details. Urge voters to keep up the pressure. Warn it
won’t be easy. Bask in the applause. It’s the fill-in-the-blank
approach to selling a presidential agenda: same template, just
adjusted for the topic." -- CARRIE BUDOFF BROWN
--
"Tout what he’s already done. Say the public’s in his corner. Demand Congress do something. Lament Washington dysfunction. Lay out his own plan. Avoid details. Urge voters to keep up the pressure. Warn it won’t be easy. Bask in the applause. It’s the fill-in-the-blank approach to selling a presidential agenda: same template, just adjusted for the topic." -- CARRIE BUDOFF BROWN
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Could you try editing the sig and replacing the quotes with regular quotes
from your keyboard to see what happens?

This is from the sig file - original as posted with the delimiter.

"Tout what heÂ’S already done. Say the publicÂ’s in his corner. Demand
Congress do something. Lament Washington dysfunction. Lay out his own
plan. Avoid details. Urge voters to keep up the pressure. Warn it
wonÂ’t be easy. Bask in the applause. ItÂ’s the fill-in-the-blank
approach to selling a presidential agenda: same template, just
adjusted for the topic." -- CARRIE BUDOFF BROWN

Any difference with the same quote in the sig below?

This followup is via NewsTap.

In both NewsTap and GG I see three copies of the quote. The last 2 have the
double dash delimiter above them. I don't see the apostrophe in any of the
three, not in GG nor in NewsTap.

I'm pasting copy of your post below, copied on my iPad in NewsTap. I will
also follow up in GG to see what that shows.

*** Begin Pasted Text ***
[...]

*** End Pasted Text ***
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

This followup is via GG. I'm not eliminating the double spacing because I don't want to alter the original post in any way.

I see no apostrophes in any of the three copies of the quote.

I can't check Thunderbird until this evening.

I'm pasting the GG copy of your entire post below. It will be interesting to see if the apostrophes of the quotes show up in the pasted text.

*** Begin Pasted Text ***
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 17:43:41 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

"Tout what he?S

BTW, the capital "S" is my fault when I posted for you. It should
have been a lower case letter. It was not in the original sig file;
nor was the "?" mark.

I do recall Google post that have somehow placed many "?" marks into
posts.
--
"Dodgeball in Burkas" -- Greg Gutfeld
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Tout what he?S

BTW, the capital "S" is my fault when I posted for you. It should
have been a lower case letter. It was not in the original sig file;
nor was the "?" mark.

I do recall Google post that have somehow placed many "?" marks into
posts.

Yeah, I assumed the S was a typo...I was going to mention it just to keep
everything included but I didn't.

In any case, nothing I've done in either NewsTap or GG produced the quotes
or ? this time. Not the follow-up nor the copy/paste, not in your body text
nor in your sig test.

Very strange these computers. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 18:38:41 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Very strange these computers. ;-)

_Why computers are like women:_

1.No one but the Creator understands their internal logic.

2.The native language they use to communicate with other computers is
incomprehensible to everyone else.

3.Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for later
retrieval.

4.As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending
half your paycheck on accessories for it.

http://onlinefungags.com/2012/10/why-computers-are-like-women/

(.... if the software programmer forgets a period, they go crazy )
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I'm impressed that you can carry back your genealogy back so far. I
can't go back past my grand parents.

Also wonder if Chinese will be the language of the future.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 16:08:01 -0400, Frank
wrote:

It is easy. I grew up learning traditional Chinese characters from my
great grand father and grand father when I was a toddler and on. Now
Beijing(Mandarin) uses simplified characters which is often hard to
figure out. Hong Kong and Taiwan still use traditonal ones. ?(heaven),
?(earth), etc.
The name Wong could be one of many letters. like ?(king),
?(yellow),etc. depending whether Mandarin or Cantonese. My ancestor was
Chinese who landed on SE corner of Korean peninsula around early 13th
century. My family history book goes back to that time. I am 37th
generation every one in between is recorded. My kids who were born here
are on it too. They revise and publish the book every so often like 7 to
10 years. Now in multiple CD disc form.
He was an exiled general. So my family name is ?(yellow). Around 2005 I
had traveled main land China from Manchuria all the way down to S.
Vietnam where I spent 3 years during the war. I flew, took ferries,
trains, buses. Had great time.
I had hard time being unable to speak Chinese(VERY limited vocabulary)
but I could read and write to understand. They kept talking to me in
Chinese. When I wave Canuck passport they were puzzzled. I used to make
joke to them that I am an Eskimo. More puzzled look on the faces, LOL!
I hope to go back some day and ride a train to Tibet. May need some
oxygen bottles then.

I'm impressed that you can carry back your genealogy back so far. I
can't go back past my grand parents.

It is interesting. When I got to ancestors in the Revolutionary War,
I found four names, all the same, very limited records and such. No
way to figure who was who. The South burned many records after the
Civil War to keep the Yankees from getting them. A last stand defiance
towards the North.

Damned if I'll even consider England

Also wonder if Chinese will be the language of the future.

Ebonics?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I can go a little farther than that, but not much. Once there's a boat
involved, it goes all hazy. Probably because those ancestors were poor,
I'm guessing.

Also wonder if Chinese will be the language of the future.

We thought that about Japanese back in the 80's and it didn't happen.
Also prompts the question, Mandarin or Cantonese?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 17:02:09 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

I'm impressed that you can carry back your genealogy back so far. I
can't go back past my grand parents.

I can go a little farther than that, but not much. Once there's a boat
involved, it goes all hazy. Probably because those ancestors were poor,
I'm guessing.

I can get two sides (paternal by marriage & maternal by records from
families) back to 1710 Colonial Georgia. A book I have is of a dozen
siblings. Later found to be full of incorrect information, admitted
by the author - not intentionally by her. Had to sort it all out with
other records.

When you find "skeletons in the closet"; remember it's not your fault.

First rule in genecology.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Tout what he?S

BTW, the capital "S" is my fault when I posted for you. It should
have been a lower case letter. It was not in the original sig file;
nor was the "?" mark.

I do recall Google post that have somehow placed many "?" marks into
posts.

I wonder what newsreader notbob uses.

In my thread about my wheelbarrow axle, I used 5/8" (double quotes for
inches).

Everybody's follow-up, except for notbob's, showed the double quotes when
my OP was quoted.

notbob's showed 5/8???
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 21:27:23 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I wonder what newsreader notbob uses.

In my thread about my wheelbarrow axle, I used 5/8" (double quotes for
inches).

Everybody's follow-up, except for notbob's, showed the double quotes when
my OP was quoted.

notbob's showed 5/8???

Yes.

His reader: User-Agent: slrn/0.9.9p1 (Linux)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

****! I can't get back past late 1960's. Something went awry :-(

Also wonder if Chinese will be the language of the future.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 22:32:41 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

I'm impressed that you can carry back your genealogy back so far. I
can't go back past my grand parents.

****! I can't get back past late 1960's. Something went awry :-(

Start with the original Hippies & flower children. Now called Yuppies.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

back to about 1369 on my mother's side and 1534 on my dad's side -
both in what is now Switzerland.

Also wonder if Chinese will be the language of the future.

We thought that about Japanese back in the 80's and it didn't happen.
Also prompts the question, Mandarin or Cantonese?

nate

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Being a big country, China has various ddialect(around 50 ethnic groups
who enjoy special status like no one child rule applied to them).
Mandarin is standard Chinese, Cantonese is spoken around H.K. which
sounds like a bit Vietnamese. Even Mandarin(Northern Chinese), Cantonese
are very different in their physical size. When I was taking R&R in H.K.
back in the '60s, I went to a bank to exchange money, there a girl asked
me if I am Mandarin I speak Japanese little better than
Chinese. My great grand mother on mother's side was Japanese noble class
lady. I brely remebber her. IMO. Arabiaan is useful language too.

Lisa and the Dirt Pile Guv Bob Home Repair 2 August 29th 13 01:38 AM
Lisa McCants (Wade Road SE): HIGH RISK INDIVIDUAL Kulin Remailer Electronics Repair 0 November 24th 11 11:18 PM
mona lisa [email protected] UK diy 0 March 11th 08 06:58 AM
mona lisa [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 11th 08 06:13 AM
LISA B GOOD J T Woodworking 0 October 14th 05 06:45 AM