DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Multi-alarm fire at Seaside, NJ boardwalk (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/361997-multi-alarm-fire-seaside-nj-boardwalk.html)

Oren[_2_] September 12th 13 11:34 PM

Multi-alarm fire at Seaside, NJ boardwalk

After Hurricane Sandy, now blocks of businesses are on fire.

No word yet on a cause.

[email protected][_2_] September 13th 13 12:22 AM

On Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:34:08 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
After Hurricane Sandy, now blocks of businesses are on fire.

No word yet on a cause.

About 15 miles from me. One report I heard said that
people heard popping sounds from under the boardwalk just
before the fire erupted, so they think electrical is likely.
Could be something that was damaged by Sandy and no one
ever knew or fixed, etc. At least the season is over.....

Oren[_2_] September 13th 13 12:35 AM

Multi-alarm fire at Seaside, NJ boardwalk

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 16:22:20 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:34:08 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
After Hurricane Sandy, now blocks of businesses are on fire.

No word yet on a cause.

About 15 miles from me. One report I heard said that
people heard popping sounds from under the boardwalk just
before the fire erupted, so they think electrical is likely.
Could be something that was damaged by Sandy and no one
ever knew or fixed, etc. At least the season is over.....

The Governor just spoke from the scene. He said about six blocks ~ 20
businesses are burnt. Water is being pumped from a bay as some of the
water supplies still haven't been fixed since Sandy. Parts of the
boardwalk had recently been completed. I was watching a live stream
online. What a mess.

willshak September 13th 13 01:55 PM

wrote:

On Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:34:08 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
After Hurricane Sandy, now blocks of businesses are on fire.

No word yet on a cause.

About 15 miles from me. One report I heard said that
people heard popping sounds from under the boardwalk just
before the fire erupted, so they think electrical is likely.
Could be something that was damaged by Sandy and no one
ever knew or fixed, etc. At least the season is over.....

The Governor just spoke from the scene. He said about six blocks ~ 20
businesses are burnt. Water is being pumped from a bay as some of the
water supplies still haven't been fixed since Sandy. Parts of the
boardwalk had recently been completed. I was watching a live stream
online. What a mess.

The latest is that it started in a custard shop? Coor's ?

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY