Posted to alt.home.repair

Default We have a leak over flowing drip tray and the center strip is hot to touch!

The drip pan keeps over flowing. Filter is new, drain plug clear. The
drip seems to be coming from a metal piece at the back bottom of the
fridge shown in picture metal dripping between the two screws. Also the
strip between the doors where they close is hot to the touch ( to the
point of burning us) please advice we are confused and worried about the
heat issue. I have never seen this.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...-i-763038-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 20:44:01 +0000, deni
wrote:

I have never seen this.

Nor can most posters here. Fix your links from the Home Groaners Hub
site so folks will not have to fix them form you.

How can folks help if you cannot post a proper URL?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have never seen this.

Nor can most posters here. Fix your links from the Home Groaners Hub
site so folks will not have to fix them form you.

How can folks help if you cannot post a proper URL?

They do not show up as links in Agent, but they do with Thunderbird. In
any case, you did not miss much.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 14:44:42 -0700, Oren wrote:

http://www.homeownershub.com/img/1s

The URL is the least of the problem. The image is so bad it is
useless. At least anyone with half a brain knows what to do with the
munged URL.
Posted to alt.home.repair

deni wrote:
The drip pan keeps over flowing. Filter is new, drain plug clear. The
drip seems to be coming from a metal piece at the back bottom of the
fridge shown in picture metal dripping between the two screws. Also the
strip between the doors where they close is hot to the touch ( to the
point of burning us) please advice we are confused and worried about the
heat issue. I have never seen this.

http://www.homeownershub.com/img/1r

http://www.homeownershub.com/img/1s

Posted to alt.home.repair

How about a make, model number, when this started, etc!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:02:37 PM UTC-4, wrote:
How about a make, model number, when this started, etc!!!!

With regard to the area between
the doors being hot, I seem to recall that refrigerator
designers route the hot compressor refrigerant past there on
it's way to the condenser to prevent condensation on the
outside area during periods of high humidity.

Perhaps they never noticed it before, or the refrigerator
is running more than normal due to some problem.

The drip seems to be coming from the tray used to evaporate
water from the auto-defrost? Not sure how they work today.
Long ago they used to use a small heating element to heat
the water so it would evaporate. Would seem to be 3 possible
ways you could get a drip:

It's leaking from a hole, the hose, etc

A lot more than normal water is going in there so it
can't handle it.

Whatever is supposed to evaporate it isn't working, so
it keeps accumulating and runs over.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/11/2013 1:44 PM, deni wrote:
The drip pan keeps over flowing. Filter is new, drain plug clear. The
drip seems to be coming from a metal piece at the back bottom of the
fridge shown in picture metal dripping between the two screws. Also the
strip between the doors where they close is hot to the touch ( to the
point of burning us) please advice we are confused and worried about the
heat issue. I have never seen this.

Have you checked for ice in the bottom of the freezer or behind the back
panel of the freezer? Sometimes ice inside can cause these symptoms.

If there is ice, a complete defrosting would be the first step. Make
sure there isn't any ice left behind the back panel or down the drainage
tube at the bottom of the freezer.

If this cures the problem, see if it comes back soon. If it does, there
may be another problem leading to the ice. I have had to replace the
small heaters behind the back panel of the freezer a couple times over
the years.

--Betsy

--Betsy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:44:01 PM UTC-5, deni wrote:
The drip pan keeps over flowing. Filter is new, drain plug clear. The drip seems to be coming from a metal piece at the back bottom of the fridge shown in picture metal dripping between the two screws. Also the strip between the doors where they close is hot to the touch ( to the point of burning us) please advice we are confused and worried about the heat issue. I have never seen this. -- posted from http://www.homeownershub..com/mainte...-i-763038-.htm using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to home and garden related groups

Betsy nailed it, also the small timer motor that turns on and off the defrost cycle may be bad.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:44:01 PM UTC-5, deni wrote:
The drip pan keeps over flowing. Filter is new, drain plug clear. The drip seems to be coming from a metal piece at the back bottom of the fridge shown in picture metal dripping between the two screws. Also the strip between the doors where they close is hot to the touch ( to the point of burning us) please advice we are confused and worried about the heat issue. I have never seen this. -- posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...-i-763038-.htm using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to home and garden related groups

Betsy nailed it, also the small timer motor that turns on and off the defrost cycle may be bad.

Hmmm,
If that is the case or refrigerant charge is low, it may burn out the
compressor. Right now the fridge is acting like heater box.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:04:36 PM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:
wrote:

[...]

I would not assume the fridge is acting like a heater. As I
recall, it's normal to route the hot refrigerant lines up the
area between the doors to prevent condensation in high humidity.
It's perfectly normal for that area to be somewhat hot. If it's
hotter than normal, then it means the fridge is running more
than normal. But I'm not convinced it hasn't been this hot all
along and they just noticed it.