Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Terry Jones to burn 2,998 Korans on September 11 in Mulberry FL - WillScott Salberg be there?

Hey Scott- I can't quite figure out if you're anti-christian - and
therefor pro-islam - and would be against this koran burning.

But for those of you attending - toast some marsh mallows for me!

----------------------------------

Mulberry residents welcome anti-Islam demonstration
7:48 PM, Aug 19, 2013

MULBERRY, Florida -- A small group of residents in Mulberry have joined
together to tell the world that the town shares the same opinion as Dr.
Terry Jones, a known anti-Islamic.

"Why would you not come to little Mulberry, that is active and concerned
about islamofacism? We like it that way, and why they come to our town
to stir up interest and educate." said the group's organizer, Suzanne
Carter-Moore.

Carter-Moore's group is called "Why Not in Mulberry?" Its members
created a Facebook Page called "Welcome to Mulberry Dr. Terry Jones."

Dr. Jones has announced he will be burning 2,998 Korans on September 11
at a Mulberry property. The Koran is the Islamic religious book. He said
he will burn one book for each life lost during the 9/11 attacks.

Dr. Jones said he has burned 3,000 Korans every September 11 since 2010.

The residents of Mulberry understand why Dr. Jones has chosen their town
to raise awareness about Islam.

"We did not choose Mulberry, Mulberry chose us," said Dr. Jones. "A
supporter of mine, who lives in Mulberry, knew I needed a new spot to
burn the books this year, because I sold my property in Gainesville
where we had been burning the books the last couple years. He called me
and offered his property for the burning to raise awareness."

"I think people get confused," said Dr. Terry Jones. "We by no means,
and never in any of the protests we have ever done, demonstrated any
type of hate. And we definitely do not hate Muslims. We respect their
right here in America to be here, to practice their religion under the
First Amendment. It's not about Muslims, it is about that violent core
message that Islam has."

The "Why Not in Mulberry" group meets weekly at Toppers Pizza in
Mulberry. On September 7, it will have a rally downtown at Highway 37
and Highway 60, with signs supporting Dr. Terry Jones.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/reporter/ar...demonstration-
Posted to alt.home.repair

Back when the plane bombs hit, someone on the
AM radio asked why didn't the various mosques
come out and condemn the bombers. I've wondered
that, since then.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/20/2013 8:55 AM, Barney Fife wrote:
Hey Scott- I can't quite figure out if you're anti-christian - and
therefor pro-islam - and would be against this koran burning.

But for those of you attending - toast some marsh mallows for me!

----------------------------------

Mulberry residents welcome anti-Islam demonstration

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have no sympathy for Islamic extremists, however I suggest that in the
interest of fairness, his group also burn several million copies of the
new testament.

plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)

Posted to alt.home.repair

I sniff feel left out. wipes eyes.

Can't say as I remember Christians or
Mormons going on a murderous rampage,
lately.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/20/2013 5:20 PM, Larry W wrote:
I have no sympathy for Islamic extremists,

however I suggest that in the
interest of fairness, his group also burn

several million copies of the
new testament.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/20/2013 4:20 PM, Larry W wrote:
I have no sympathy for Islamic extremists, however I suggest that in the
interest of fairness, his group also burn several million copies of the
new testament.

Hell, the fracking Islamic extremists burned whole Christian churches!
That's really fair, perhaps mosques should be burned? There are plenty
of them. O_o

TDD

Senior Member

Personally, I don't think I'd want to belong to a church that couldn't think of a better way to use my weekly tithes than to buy Korans for the sole purpose of burning them. In my view, that's just a waste of money. Sure, he's making a statement that he feels need to be made, but it is nonetheless a waste of money. Burning Korans now aren't going to change anything, whereas that $15,000 could be used for a purpose that will make a positive difference in the lives of the people of Mulberry.

Last edited by nestork : August 21st 13 at 04:48 AM

7:48 PM, Aug 19, 2013

[...]

You deserve to be tarred and feathered Barney. My ancestors settled Mayberry, MD in the 1730's. They went to Boston in 1776 to whip some religious tyrants ass and the rest is history. When I lived a few blocks from Benjamin Franklins liebrary 1988, where the Boston Bombing went off I met a mooslim. We discussed religion briefly. He said his religion cut off infidels heads. I never finished my reply because I still had not been able to use my first amendment about the inquisition device the US president had stuck in my back.
I had shaken Jimmy Carters hand at the Rothko Chapel while I was an art student nearby. The temple had a hole in the ceiling about 2 foot in diameter for sunlight to pass through like a sondial. MY sun was telling me how moozlims would not be able to pray in a temple that had artwork. I explained to him the paintings were the color of **** and as the son passed over head they changed colors.
Posted to alt.home.repair

nestork wrote in news:nestork.c59f495
@diybanter.com:

Personally, I don't think I'd want to belong to a church that couldn't
think of a better way to use my weekly tithes than to buy Korans for the
sole purpose of burning them. In my view, that's just a waste of money.
Sure, he's making a statement that he feels need to be made, but it is
nonetheless a waste of money. Burning Korans now aren't going to change
anything, whereas that $15,000 could be used for a purpose that will
make a positive difference in the lives of the people of Mulberry.

I like the idea. It's a reminder to the West that Muslims are sworn to
either convert us to Islam or destroy us. So far they are winning, slowly,
but winning because the West has chosen to lose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

An eye for an eye.... or so the Old Testament says.

Supposing a bunch of Jews got together, and all on the
same day burned down and exploded Mosques. It would be
interesting, if terrifying, to see the response from the
Religion of Peace.

I'd have to spend the next couple years cowering under
the bed with a flashlight and a fire extinguisher.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/20/2013 4:20 PM, Larry W wrote:
I have no sympathy for Islamic extremists, however I suggest that in the
interest of fairness, his group also burn several million copies of the
new testament.

Hell, the fracking Islamic extremists burned whole Christian churches!
That's really fair, perhaps mosques should be burned? There are plenty
of them. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Other than towels to wipe sand off peoples feet,
what are some good uses for the money?

How about buying used cars for people who need
to drive to work?

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/20/2013 11:42 PM, nestork wrote:
Personally, I don't think I'd want to belong to a church that couldn't
think of a better way to use my weekly tithes than to buy Korans for the
sole purpose of burning them. In my view, that's just a waste of money.
Sure, he's making a statement that he feels need to be made, but it is
nonetheless a waste of money. Burning Korans now aren't going to change
anything, whereas that $15,000 could be used for a purpose that will
make a positive difference in the lives of the people of Mulberry.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The west has a Muslim in Chief, who has great power
to appoint other Muslims, and to choose which laws to
enforce or not (constitution not withstanding). So,
there is great pressure from the Mosque House, uh,
I mean white house, to favor the Islamic take over.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/21/2013 6:51 AM, JoeBro wrote:

I like the idea. It's a reminder to the West that Muslims are sworn to
either convert us to Islam or destroy us. So far they are winning, slowly,
but winning because the West has chosen to lose.

Posted to alt.home.repair

US President is the Enemy (Scott Salberg) wrote:

I met a mooslim. We discussed religion briefly. He said his religion
cut off infidels heads. I never finished my reply because I still
had not been able to use my first amendment about the inquisition
device the US president had stuck in my back.

Many americans have such a device installed in their body. I think
there's a class-action lawsuit being put together for that. You should
look into joining it.

I had shaken Jimmy Carters hand at the Rothko Chapel while I was
an art student nearby. The temple had a hole in the ceiling about
2 foot in diameter for sunlight to pass through like a sondial.
MY sun was telling me how moozlims would not be able to pray in
a temple that had artwork. I explained to him the paintings were
the color of **** and as the son passed over head they changed
colors.

You are a fine american Scott. There are many americans like you, but
they are afraid to speak out.

Your thoughts are clear and pure.

Please tell me more about yourself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/20/2013 10:42 PM, nestork wrote:
Personally, I don't think I'd want to belong to a church that couldn't
think of a better way to use my weekly tithes than to buy Korans for the
sole purpose of burning them. In my view, that's just a waste of money.
Sure, he's making a statement that he feels need to be made, but it is
nonetheless a waste of money. Burning Korans now aren't going to change
anything, whereas that $15,000 could be used for a purpose that will
make a positive difference in the lives of the people of Mulberry.

But this isn't about making a positive difference. It's about getting
more media attention on Terry Jones, who is not, as the OP falsely
claimed, a 'doctor'. What Jones is is an attention whore. He's just
found a topic that feeds his need for attention.
Could be worse. He could've tried making a sex video.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:51:40 AM UTC-4, Home Guy wrote:
[...]

Don't give me any of your goddamned loyalist bull****. You need a real American boot up your goddamned Tory ass.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:42:22 PM UTC-4, nestork wrote:
Personally, I don't think I'd want to belong to a church that couldn't

think of a better way to use my weekly tithes than to buy Korans for the

sole purpose of burning them. In my view, that's just a waste of money.

Sure, he's making a statement that he feels need to be made, but it is

nonetheless a waste of money. Burning Korans now aren't going to change

anything,

Actually, it will likely change things. As I recall, last time
nuts in FL proposed doing this, it sent the Islamic nuts into
such a tizzy around the world that there were riots and many people
killed. I'm not in favor of kissing their ass, but I also don't
see the need or wisdom of this Koran burning.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 05:42:22 +0200, nestork
wrote:

Personally, I don't think I'd want to belong to a church that couldn't
think of a better way to use my weekly tithes than to buy Korans for the
sole purpose of burning them. In my view, that's just a waste of money.
Sure, he's making a statement that he feels need to be made, but it is
nonetheless a waste of money. Burning Korans now aren't going to change
anything, whereas that $15,000 could be used for a purpose that will
make a positive difference in the lives of the people of Mulberry.

Dr. Emit O. Ray,[RIP] Southern Baptist pastor; would say, "when you
find a perfect, do not join the church as it will not be perfect
anymore."

I agree not to burn the Korans but please understand this Mulberry,
FL. (you have to know people there)

Free speech is about speech we do not like. Not about speech we agree
with.

Looking at wiki there does not seem to have a Fatwa issued for the
death of Jones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatwas#Fatwas_promoting_violence_against_a _particular_individual
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:34:38 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
An eye for an eye.... or so the Old Testament says.

That shows how much YOU know about the Hebrew Bible! If you get around to studying some day, you will see that MONETARY compensation was the norm for such crimes.

Most, if not all, of the apparently bloodthirsty injunctions in the Hebrew Bible were never actually carried out. Ex: One of the 10 commandments is translated into English as "You shall not kill". Inaccurate. The original Hebrew says "You shall not MURDER". An inadvertent or accidental killing is treated quite differently. If the perp is able to reach one of the "cities of refuge", he must be taken in and protected.

Even for the death penalty, the ancient Israelites leaned over backwards not to take a life. To prove a serious crime, the religious courts (there were no other kinds) required the "prosecution" to prove that at least two adults not only witnessed the crime, but warned the perp in advance of the consequences.

Supposing a bunch of Jews got together, and all on the

same day burned down and exploded Mosques. It would be

interesting, if terrifying, to see the response from the

Religion of Peace.

I'd have to spend the next couple years cowering under

the bed with a flashlight and a fire extinguisher.

We don't go in for that kind of thing; we are far too busy just trying to stay alive: to survive pogroms, being locked into our houses of worship and burned alive, mass extermination by one of Europe's most "civilized" countries, torture and burning alive by the Church's Inquisition, rape and murder by Crusaders en route to the "Holy Land", and sundry other inconveniences.

On 8/20/2013 4:20 PM, Larry W wrote:

I have no sympathy for Islamic extremists, however I suggest that in the

interest of fairness, his group also burn several million copies of the

new testament.

Hell, the fracking Islamic extremists burned whole Christian churches!

That's really fair, perhaps mosques should be burned? There are plenty

of them. O_o

That crazy publicity-hound "pastor"!!! with his earlier Koran-burning caper,

accomplished NOTHING except to alienate the American Muslims who are (or were) mostly secular or only ritualistically Muslim. They just went to work and raised their families like any other American.

Until 9/11 and consequences they just did their thing as peacefully -- or sometimes more so -- than American Christians, Jews, and other belief systems (religions).

I may think their religion is weird, but I think the same of most religions..

SOME Americans taking out their fury on fellow-American Muslims got a counter-productive result: Alienating/radicalizing peaceful citizens. Fortunately other American sheltered and protected their terrified neighbors.

The same with the untrained, poorly-supervised soldiers at Gitmo who wiped their a$$es on the prisoners' Korans and otherwise mistreated the religious symbols of people who had no recourse. Again, result: Burning anger and hate, provoked by ignorant extremists. The guards did not have to insult the inmates; their job was to keep them confined. Blame resides way up in the chain of command.

Same with the crimes committed in Iraq/Afghanistan by American "cowboy" military. And when Bradley Manning and others tried to report up the line, the CO's just blew them off. No wonder he had to go public.

We are supposed to be BETTER than our enemies. So when we lower ourselves to their level or worse, we lose our moral superiority (such as it is),

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

Higgs Boson wrote:

Until 9/11 and consequences they just did their thing as peacefully
-- or sometimes more so -- than American Christians, Jews, and other belief systems (religions).

You are a pussy.

The muslims will steam roll over you unless you beat them back.

They burn bibles, behead westerners, burn churches, and you apologize
for them.

You draw cartoons of their so-called profit - and they try to kill you.
And still you apologize for them.

Regardless how "peaceful" they seem in person, regardless what they say
to your face, if you're not a muslim - they know in their heart that
it's ok to lie to you - to tell you they think islamic extremism is
wrong. But of course they believe the opposite.

Burning some korans is a good first step. It tells them we won't take
their two-faced lies. It tells them we will not let them erode and
destroy our way of life, our freedoms and liberties, for their sake.

If they can't handle seeing their profit lampooned in comic strips or
movies, if they can't handle seeing some crispy corans, then they can
get the hell back to the ****-hole countries they came from where they
can practice their stone-age mysoginistic religion all they want.

You think they believe they are Americans first - and muslims second?
Think again. Do you think that Major Nidal Malik Hasan was thinking
that he's first and foremost an American when he tried to murder as many
people as possible at Fort Hood in 2009?

I'm not saying all this because I'm a christian and I have a religious
axe to grind against muslims. I'm an athiest. There is no god.

But the direction that muslims are taking western society is taking too
high a price out of our freedoms. Our freedoms of expression, speech,
of the press. You take off your shoes and get body-searched at airports
now because of them. Your country is going bankrupt building computers
that scan your emails and your phone calls because of them. Because
they are muslim first, and suni or shia second, and americans fourth or
fifth.

Our press dare not point out the shortcomings and scandals of muslim
lifestyles and crimes. A cartoon (Southpark) can't lampoon "the profit"
without sanction by our society lest we offend "muslim sensibilities".
But there is no end to the jokes and fun you can have with jesus.

This is not the western culture that I want to experience for the rest
of my life. And it will get worse if we keep apologizing to them, and
for them. It has got to stop before we are all forced to pray 5 times a
day and to shroud our wives, daughters and sisters behind veils. It
won't happen this year, or even this decade, but generations from now.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Guy View Post
Our press dare not point out the shortcomings and scandals of muslim
lifestyles and crimes. A cartoon (Southpark) can't lampoon "the profit"
without sanction by our society lest we offend "muslim sensibilities".
But there is no end to the jokes and fun you can have with jesus.
You know, I wouldn't mind seeing Jesus of Nazareth take on Mohammad the Prophet in a no holds barred Texas cage match.

Last edited by nestork : August 22nd 13 at 04:45 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote in :

Higgs Boson wrote:

[...]

Well put, except for "profit" which should be "prophet"; but well put
nonetheless.

Posted to alt.home.repair

nestork wrote in news:nestork.c5b4618
@diybanter.com:

Home Guy;3110499 Wrote:

Our press dare not point out the shortcomings and scandals of muslim
lifestyles and crimes. A cartoon (Southpark) can't lampoon "the
profit"
without sanction by our society lest we offend "muslim sensibilities".
But there is no end to the jokes and fun you can have with jesus.

You know, I wouldn't mind seeing Jesus of Nazareth take on Mohammad the
Prophet in a no holds barred Texas cage match.

J preaches to love your enemy.
M preaches to kill your enemy.

Who do you believe will win?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy;3110499 Wrote:

Our press dare not point out the shortcomings and scandals of muslim
lifestyles and crimes. A cartoon (Southpark) can't lampoon "the
profit"
without sanction by our society lest we offend "muslim sensibilities".
But there is no end to the jokes and fun you can have with jesus.

You know, I wouldn't mind seeing Jesus of Nazareth take on Mohammad the
Prophet in a no holds barred Texas cage match.

J preaches to love your enemy.
M preaches to kill your enemy.

Who do you believe will win?

I loosely believe you should purge your enema. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/22/2013 1:36 AM, JoeBro wrote:
Home Guy wrote in :

Higgs Boson wrote:

[...]

But, but some people worship money and will kill you to protect their
profit. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Figured someone would mention that.

Good job, man.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..On 8/22/2013 6:26 AM, The Daring Dufas wrote: On 8/22/2013 1:36 AM,
JoeBro wrote:

You draw cartoons of their so-called profit - and they try to kill
you. And still you apologize for them.

Well put, except for "profit" which should be "prophet"; but well put
nonetheless.

But, but some people worship money and will kill you to protect their
profit. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

I figure Mohammed would beat Jesus bloody and
senseless. Jesus last words would be "father,
forgive him for he knows what what he does".
Three days later, the resurrected Jesus would
be on the right hand of his Father's throne, and
Mohammed would be in a Texas hospital, having his
bloody knuckles wrapped and tended. At the end
of his long, and wealthy life of having the
profits of Mohammed line of merchandise, and
plenty of virgins and concubines, Mohammed would
die and go to judgement. He and Jesus could meet
face to face again, but this would not work out
the same as the first time.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/21/2013 11:40 PM, nestork wrote:

You know, I wouldn't mind seeing Jesus
of Nazareth take on Mohammad the
Prophet in a no holds barred Texas cage match.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The one with the more powerful sponsor.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/22/2013 2:39 AM, JoeBro wrote:

You know, I wouldn't mind seeing Jesus of Nazareth take on Mohammad the
Prophet in a no holds barred Texas cage match.

J preaches to love your enemy.
M preaches to kill your enemy.

Who do you believe will win?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

At the end of his long, and wealthy life of having the profits of
Mohammed line of merchandise, and plenty of virgins and concubines,
Mohammed would die and go to judgement. He and Jesus could meet
face to face again, but this would not work out the same as the
first time.

You might take consolation in the childish belief that muslims will get
some sort of mystical "final consequence" after death.

Except there is no afterlife.

There is no god. No judgement.

This life is the only existance we will ever know. And it is being made
worse because of the steps and measures and costs that we take
collectively against ourselves, to our own detriment, to deal with those
that adhear to islamic beliefs and mentality.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote in :

Stormin Mormon wrote:

At the end of his long, and wealthy life of having the profits of
Mohammed line of merchandise, and plenty of virgins and concubines,
Mohammed would die and go to judgement. He and Jesus could meet
face to face again, but this would not work out the same as the
first time.

You might take consolation in the childish belief that muslims will get
some sort of mystical "final consequence" after death.

Here's what they get and the get it now: Burned churches, murdered
Christians.

http://news.yahoo.com/group-egypts-c...101000431.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 04:12:16 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

As for your boy Manning,
he just got a bit of what he deserves. I hope he serves out most of his
35 year sentence and enjoys bending over for the soap at Levenworth.

"FORT MEAD, Md. – Bradley Manning wants to live as a woman named
Chelsea and begin hormone treatment as soon as possible, the soldier
said a day after being sentenced to 35 years in prison for sending
government secrets to WikiLeaks.

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/22/bradley-manning-wants-to-live-as-woman-be-called-chelsea/?test=latestnews#ixzz2ciCP56IH

Talk about fugly, look at his wig
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 08:26:43 -0700, Oren wrote in
Re Terry Jones to

wrote:

As for your boy Manning,
he just got a bit of what he deserves. I hope he serves out most of his
35 year sentence and enjoys bending over for the soap at Levenworth.

"FORT MEAD, Md. – Bradley Manning wants to live as a woman named
Chelsea and begin hormone treatment as soon as possible, the soldier
said a day after being sentenced to 35 years in prison for sending
government secrets to WikiLeaks.

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/22/bradley-manning-wants-to-live-as-woman-be-called-chelsea/?test=latestnews#ixzz2ciCP56IH

Talk about fugly, look at his wig

Did he name him/her self after Chelsea Clinton?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

As for your boy Manning,
he just got a bit of what he deserves. I hope he serves out most of his
35 year sentence and enjoys bending over for the soap at Levenworth.

"FORT MEAD, Md. – Bradley Manning wants to live as a woman named
Chelsea and begin hormone treatment as soon as possible, the soldier
said a day after being sentenced to 35 years in prison for sending
government secrets to WikiLeaks.

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/22/bradley-manning-wants-to-live-as-woman-be-called-chelsea/?test=latestnews#ixzz2ciCP56IH

Talk about fugly, look at his wig

Did he name him/her self after Chelsea Clinton?

He/she/it will be called a "gal boy" in prison. Officially the
committed / convicted name will remain Bradley. By the time he gets
locked down, the gal boy will be called "Peaches".

IF this fool thinks the military or any contract federal prison is
about to give it 'whore moan treatment, the thang needs a better
lawyer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

He will be sharing a cell with General James Hoss Cartwright over his golden shower Stuxnet leak.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Not even close to the truth!

Convicts have no say where they are quartered or if in a specific bunk
assignment. He might be housed in a cell with the meanest, badest,
sum- a-bitch on the cell block.

First he lives in a single cell, back behind the down yonder! The
bitch will be on "controlled movement" for a very long time. 35 years.

Where do you live in NW Louisiana?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy;3110499 Wrote:

Our press dare not point out the shortcomings and scandals of muslim

lifestyles and crimes. A cartoon (Southpark) can't lampoon "the

profit"

without sanction by our society lest we offend "muslim sensibilities".

But there is no end to the jokes and fun you can have with jesus.

You know, I wouldn't mind seeing Jesus of Nazareth take on Mohammad the

Prophet in a no holds barred Texas cage match.

J preaches to love your enemy.

J is said to have said:

" I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword " (Matthew 10:34), part of the Lesser Commission, is one of the controversial statements reported of Jesus in the Bible.

Matthew 10:34 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace ...
biblehub.com/matthew/10-34.htm

New International Version "Do not suppose that I have com

(there are many, many translations of the Christian Bible)

Since Matthew (the most Jew-hating of the Gospels) and the other three wrote decades after the death of Jesus, we'll never know what he did or didn't say. All we know is sifted through the personalities of the Gospel writers.. BTW, did anybody notice that the Gospels differ on so many points, you can always pick & choose your favorite version.

M preaches to kill your enemy.

Who do you believe will win?

Now, now! Cherry-picking doesn't work with people who have done their homework.
Both "Scriptures" contain messages of peace and messages of hatred.

If you're going by body count, the Muslims have a way to go to catch up to the Christians. Both belief-systems massacred their own folks big-time over doctrinal differences.

HB

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08-22-2013 18:32, Higgs Boson wrote:
J is said to have said:

" I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword " (Matthew 10:34), part of the Lesser Commission, is one of the controversial statements reported of Jesus in the Bible.

[snip]

Now, now! Cherry-picking doesn't work with people who have done their homework.

Since you bring up "cherry-picking," anyone who chooses can look it up
and see what he really said. But then anyone who cares already knows
and everyone else would rather agree with you.

--
Wes Groleau

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...gs/pants-fire/

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://tinyurl.com/mfrjz9q

--
Wes Groleau

------
€œThe reason most women would rather have beauty than brains is
they know that most men can see better than they can think.€
€” James Dobson

Posted to alt.home.repair

J is said to have said:

" I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword " (Matthew 10:34), part of the Lesser Commission, is one of the controversial statements reported of Jesus in the Bible.

[snip]

Now, now! Cherry-picking doesn't work with people who have done their homework.

Since you bring up "cherry-picking," anyone who chooses can look it up

and see what he really said. But then anyone who cares already knows

and everyone else would rather agree with you.

But honestly, and with no animosity, how can you KNOW what he "really said"?

HB

--

Wes Groleau

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...gs/pants-fire/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:29:49 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Back when the plane bombs hit, someone on the

AM radio asked why didn't the various mosques

come out and condemn the bombers. I've wondered

that, since then.

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

7:48 PM, Aug 19, 2013

[...]

It’s called “Don’t bite the hand that pays you”
Posted to alt.home.repair

And, what was the original language that
was spoken in the days when Christ was in
Jerusalem? With extensive decompiling of
scroll fragments found in the area, Biblial
scholars have a theory of what the words of
Christ may have been. Here is one
scholarly rendition:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7UmU...DD9B432E1C1AE3
Might want to cook some popcorn to eat while
you watch this.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/23/2013 5:08 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

But honestly, and with no animosity, how

can you KNOW what he "really said"?

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:43:12 PM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I sniff feel left out. wipes eyes.

Can't say as I remember Christians or

Mormons going on a murderous rampage,

lately.

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

On 8/20/2013 5:20 PM, Larry W wrote:

I have no sympathy for Islamic extremists,

however I suggest that in the

interest of fairness, his group also burn

several million copies of the

new testament.

http://www.famousmormons.net/infamous.html

Hey Scott Allen Salberg - Texas judge shot (and killed) in court house! Tom Greenwell Home Repair 2 July 16th 13 06:14 PM
B. Terry spam? Bill[_37_] Woodworking 2 July 17th 12 08:55 PM
Terry Given's 2500W ferrite transformer maltman21 Electronic Schematics 0 June 6th 08 02:23 AM
Terry Given's 2500W ferrite transformer Joerg Electronic Schematics 13 May 29th 08 07:27 PM
Combi Boiler - To Burn Or Not To Burn Tim UK diy 7 November 6th 06 02:10 PM