Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Digitally store a key

Locked out? This kiosk securely stores a digital copy of your key
Devin Coldewey NBC News

We've all been locked out before, and it can be a huge pain to raise a
locksmith at two in the morning or buzz a friend to let you into the
building. But soon you may be able to walk to your local convenience
store and get a new key cut just by scanning your thumb.

That's the plan of a new startup called KeyMe, which has created a
Kiosk that not only duplicates keys on demand, but lets you store the
key pattern digitally and associate it with your fingerprint.

So far there are five, hosted by 7-Eleven stores across Manhattan. You
put your key in a keyhole, where it is analyzed. You can then have a
new key cut for $3.49, or securely store your key data for later. It
doesn't keep your address or name associated with the key data, just
the short series of numbers that tells the machine what pattern to cut
— encrypted, of course.

That way, when you realize you lent your only front door key to a
friend or left it at work, you just walk to the store on the corner,
put your thumb on the scanner, and cough up the $20 for a fresh key.
Yes, it's a lot more than the $3.49 you'd have paid for a spare to
hide under the flower pot, but it's a lot less than you might pay for
a visit from the emergency locksmith.

There are other key kiosks that quickly duplicate keys, but none that
let you store the pattern securely like KeyMe does. The company's
founder, Greg Marsh, hopes to expand throughout New York City and then
move on to the rest of the country.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/lo...key-6C10459204

Being able to store/send a key digitally would seem more plausible if
you could print a key with a 3D printer.

If your keys are locked in the car, you are still stuck without a way
to get to a store. I am thinking as 3D printers get more affordable,
you might get stuck in a place were you could get to a 3D printer.
(Keys locked in the car at the hospital)

I already have a hidden house key that I have used more times than I
can count. When I leave my car with a mechanic I always forget to
take the house key. I even have one of those key rings that separate
in two. One half for my truck and house key and the other half for
my car.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06-29-2013 12:45, Metspitzer wrote:
That way, when you realize you lent your only front door key to a
friend or left it at work, you just walk to the store on the corner,
put your thumb on the scanner, and cough up the $20 for a fresh key.
Yes, it's a lot more than the $3.49 you'd have paid for a spare to
hide under the flower pot, but it's a lot less than you might pay for
a visit from the emergency locksmith.

Is it cheaper than putting an electronic lock on your door? Probably
so, unless you lose keys often.

http://www.gokeyless.com/product/1510/2/

--
Wes Groleau

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible
will make violent revolution inevitable.
€” John F. Kennedy

Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:
[...]

Hmmm,
Usually, if I get locked out. I open garage door with outside digital
keypad opener. Then there is a key hidden in the garage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wes Groleau wrote:
On 06-29-2013 12:45, Metspitzer wrote:
That way, when you realize you lent your only front door key to a
friend or left it at work, you just walk to the store on the corner,
put your thumb on the scanner, and cough up the $20 for a fresh key.
Yes, it's a lot more than the $3.49 you'd have paid for a spare to
hide under the flower pot, but it's a lot less than you might pay for
a visit from the emergency locksmith.

Is it cheaper than putting an electronic lock on your door? Probably
so, unless you lose keys often.

http://www.gokeyless.com/product/1510/2/

Hi,
What about battery running down on it? Is there manual over ride?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/29/2013 12:17 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Wes Groleau wrote:
On 06-29-2013 12:45, Metspitzer wrote:
That way, when you realize you lent your only front door key to a
friend or left it at work, you just walk to the store on the corner,
put your thumb on the scanner, and cough up the $20 for a fresh key.
Yes, it's a lot more than the $3.49 you'd have paid for a spare to
hide under the flower pot, but it's a lot less than you might pay for
a visit from the emergency locksmith.

Is it cheaper than putting an electronic lock on your door? Probably
so, unless you lose keys often.

http://www.gokeyless.com/product/1510/2/

Hi,
What about battery running down on it? Is there manual over ride?

Typically, the "manual override" is the KEY. Also, every electronic
lock that I've seen has a low battery warning that gives plenty of
notice that the batteries need replacement.

Ergo, one would need the "perfect storm" of a) batteries expired in the
electronic lock (through the user's fault) AND b) loss of the key.

I'm kinda liking the idea of this digital key stowage though... Imagine
scanning ALL of your keys using a standardized encoding program, storing
them in on your smart phone or ... in securely encrypted format. You
lock yourself out of your car at the shopping center, find a hardware
store that has the machine and go have a new key cut on the spot. Yeah,
I know it won't start the car but it will let you in to retrieve your
programmed/smart key that you absentmindedly left behind.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 11:13:49 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Usually, if I get locked out. I open garage door with outside digital
keypad opener. Then there is a key hidden in the garage.

Same here. The key in the garage is also hidden, of course.

The digital idea is nifty though, as many people don't have a garage
or other good hiding place. I can see it doing well in a densely
copulated are with many apartments and town houses.
Senior Member

People should be aware that whenever you buy a new deadbolt or door lock, it will come with two keys, and the 5 digit number stamped on both keys will be the code for the key profile. You can take that 5 digit number to any locksmith that knows you, tell him what kind of key it is (Weiser, Schlage, Kwikset, Yale, etc.) and he can cut you a new key just knowing what kind of blank to use and that 5 digit profile code.

Similarily, if the locksmith has the necessary gauge, he can read the key profile code off of a key (provided the key is not too badly worn.

In my case, I've got the 5 digit profile codes for all the keys on my key chain documented and stored in a binder I keep for important information. I know that as I use my keys they will gradually wear down, and copying a worn key will only result in a new key with the same worn out profile. However, by providing the locksmith with the 5 digit key profile, he can cut you an original key in it's original condition for that lock.

Locksmiths aren't supposed to cut keys just from the 5 digit profile because anyone can read that profile code if you simply set your keys down somewhere. But, if they know you well, and they know you want that key cut for your OWN property, they will.

It's also a good idea to photocopy all of the ID and credit cards in your wallet, too. That way, if you lose your wallet or it gets stolen, you know exactly what is missing, and you can contact your financial institutions and have them freeze your accounts until you can open new accounts and get new credit cards with different account numbers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 29, 2013 9:45:18 AM UTC-7, Metspitzer wrote:
[...]

Now all they have to do is get your thumb print like they did on Mythbusters.
Posted to alt.home.repair

personally the best addition here was my digital doorlock. its worked flawless for about 2 years. its so convenient.....

and no need go go anywhere to get a replacement key

I still have a doorlock key with me, but havent used it or over a year. i managed to lock myself out in my back yard, my front door electronc lock use the same key my backyard doors do..

i used the key rater than deal with opening a gate....
Posted to alt.home.repair

Some keys have the code. I can't remember seeing a code on Kwikset. Some Kwikky clones do have the code number stamped into the key.

One time I got a call from some folks, had lost the key to their car. We arranged for the relative back home to go to a copy shop, make a photo copy of the key and fax it. The shadow profile was enough information for me to make a working key.

In theory, a locksmith across the country can decode and phone or fax or email the information to me, also.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"nestork" wrote in message ...

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Wes Groleau wrote:
On 06-29-2013 12:45, Metspitzer wrote:
That way, when you realize you lent your only front door key to a
friend or left it at work, you just walk to the store on the corner,
put your thumb on the scanner, and cough up the $20 for a fresh key.
Yes, it's a lot more than the $3.49 you'd have paid for a spare to
hide under the flower pot, but it's a lot less than you might pay for
a visit from the emergency locksmith.

Is it cheaper than putting an electronic lock on your door? Probably
so, unless you lose keys often.

http://www.gokeyless.com/product/1510/2/

Hi,
What about battery running down on it? Is there manual over ride?

I have an electronic lock on the front door, a key pad for the garage and a
hidden key for the back basement door. I haven't carried a house key in
many years but I'm not worried about ever getting locked out.

My keychain holds nothing but an ignition key and key fob.
Posted to alt.home.repair

nestork wrote:
[...]

I'd be willing to wager a pretty hefty sum that the percentage of people
that know a locksmith well enough to have a key made based on a "Hi Bob!
Lost my house key. Can you make me a new one"? "Sure, Steve. What's the
code?" basis is so small that the suggestion is barely worth mentioning.

It's good to know, but not practical for the vast majority of people.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 14:16:53 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I'd be willing to wager a pretty hefty sum that the percentage of people
that know a locksmith well enough to have a key made based on a "Hi Bob!
Lost my house key. Can you make me a new one"? "Sure, Steve. What's the
code?" basis is so small that the suggestion is barely worth mentioning.

It's good to know, but not practical for the vast majority of people.

I do know a locksmith well enough, but that does not fix the problem.
When my boss went to Austria, he took the car door key with him as it
is on his chain. His wife decided to use the car (instead of hers)
and take the fob to open the doors. Ignition key was different. She
locked the car, went to a school function, came out and the fob would
not work.

It took me over an hour to get the dealer (60 miles away) to call a
local locksmith with the code. Had to prove I was authorized, etc.

Given all the electronics in the door, no one would take the chance of
a slim jim.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/30/2013 10:16 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
nestork wrote:
[...]

Every now and then I get a call for a locksmith because an on-line
business group put in my phone number for his. His last 4 digits are
the same but the first three are different. I've sent email to the
site, called the locksmith and faxed him to no avail. At first I wanted
to help him and the callers but now its, tough ****.

Locked my keys in the car when I was 16. Ever since I've carried an
extra key in my wallet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I believe the service offered by the company mentioned in the OP was for
residential keys, but I see no reason why it couldn't be used for
non-electronic cars keys.

My son lost the electronic key for his car and thought it was going to cost
him $300+ for new key from the dealer. He called a locksmith who made him a
new electronic key (after proof of ownership) by using the VIN. He charged
him $150, $100 of which was covered by my AAA Plus plan. The locksmith also
threw in a non-electronic key for free so he can at least get into the car
if he locks the keys inside or loses them.

BTW...he didn't actually lose the electronic key. He knows where it is: at
the bottom of the creek he was canoeing on. He put it in a tied down,
watertight container in one of the canoes and closed it properly. He even
checked it during one of their breaks. Sometime later somebody else opened
the container, didn't close it properly and ended up flipping the canoe. He
wasn't the only person that lost items. A bunch of people were ****ed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

for the poster who get calls intended for a locksmith, call thelocksmith one last time Be SUPER FRIENDLY just inform him that in one month ANYONE who calls looking for a locksmith will be told the following

I am sorry we are closing and no futher locksmith service will be available..
He will NOW have a great reason to fix the problem for anyone who calls during that 30 days tell them to tell the locksmith all callers will be told locksmith out of business

I had to do this for a previous owner of my 800 number, they were getting more calls than me and i was paying for all of them

That problem ended FAST
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/30/2013 1:25 PM, bob haller wrote:
for the poster who get calls intended for a locksmith, call thelocksmith one last time Be SUPER FRIENDLY just inform him that in one month ANYONE who calls looking for a locksmith will be told the following

I am sorry we are closing and no futher locksmith service will be available..
He will NOW have a great reason to fix the problem for anyone who calls during that 30 days tell them to tell the locksmith all callers will be told locksmith out of business

I had to do this for a previous owner of my 800 number, they were getting more calls than me and i was paying for all of them

That problem ended FAST

Funny.
Add my comment and it looks like locksmiths are an irresponsible lot
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 10:25:11 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

for the poster who get calls intended for a locksmith, call thelocksmith one last time Be SUPER FRIENDLY just inform him that in one month ANYONE who calls looking for a locksmith will be told the following

I am sorry we are closing and no futher locksmith service will be available..
He will NOW have a great reason to fix the problem for anyone who calls during that 30 days tell them to tell the locksmith all callers will be told locksmith out of business

I had to do this for a previous owner of my 800 number, they were getting more calls than me and i was paying for all of them

That problem ended FAST

We used to get Alaska Airlines calls due to a similar number. I took
a call once and the caller asked my why him and his son had seats
apart from each other and could they be changed. I told him no, the
kid did not want to be seen traveling with him and asked for a
different seat. He hung up on me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06-29-2013 14:22, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
The digital idea is nifty though, as many people don't have a garage
or other good hiding place. I can see it doing well in a densely
copulated are with many apartments and town houses.

And most people _think_ they have a good hiding place.

But most thieves already know where the "good hiding places" are.

--
Wes Groleau

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible
will make violent revolution inevitable.
€” John F. Kennedy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06-29-2013 14:26, nestork wrote:
Locksmiths aren't supposed to cut keys just from the 5 digit profile

But I'm sure a large percentage of them don't care.

--
Wes Groleau

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible
will make violent revolution inevitable.
€” John F. Kennedy

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tell em the number is changed, and give out the other locksmith's number.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"bob haller" wrote in message ...
for the poster who get calls intended for a locksmith, call thelocksmith one last time Be SUPER FRIENDLY just inform him that in one month ANYONE who calls looking for a locksmith will be told the following

I am sorry we are closing and no futher locksmith service will be available..
He will NOW have a great reason to fix the problem for anyone who calls during that 30 days tell them to tell the locksmith all callers will be told locksmith out of business

I had to do this for a previous owner of my 800 number, they were getting more calls than me and i was paying for all of them

That problem ended FAST
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd not want that information in a digital kiosk. Wait, it wants
your home adress, too?

Densely copulated? Was that a typo? Funny, in either
chase.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Wes Groleau" wrote in message ...
On 06-29-2013 14:22, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
The digital idea is nifty though, as many people don't have a garage
or other good hiding place. I can see it doing well in a densely
copulated are with many apartments and town houses.

And most people _think_ they have a good hiding place.

But most thieves already know where the "good hiding places" are.

--
Wes Groleau

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible
will make violent revolution inevitable.
€” John F. Kennedy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 18:49:28 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I'd not want that information in a digital kiosk. Wait, it wants
your home adress, too?

Densely copulated? Was that a typo? Funny, in either
chase.
.
Christopher A. Young

Well, you can't have one without the other.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Here's another solution to the "locked out" problem.

Hang a small windchime on your front porch, the cheap kind with a few different metal shapes. Replace a couple of them with a lock pick and tension bar.

Learn to pick your own lock. You'll get used to your own, it's not like you have to become expert or fast.

Unlike hiding a key, you haven't given access to just anybody who finds it. Your ex isn't going to get in and unplug your freezer while you're on vacation in July.

You haven't given access to burglars either. They don't know how to pick locks, they just kick doors in. That .1% that might know probably already own a lock pick.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 30, 2013 3:14:53 PM UTC-4, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 06-29-2013 14:22, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The digital idea is nifty though, as many people don't have a garage

or other good hiding place. I can see it doing well in a densely

copulated are with many apartments and town houses.

And most people _think_ they have a good hiding place.

But most thieves already know where the "good hiding places" are.

--

Wes Groleau

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible

will make violent revolution inevitable.

— John F. Kennedy

Well, I'll agree that they know where the most *common* hiding places are, which may very well be the same the ones that many people consider "good" even if they are not.

However, I doubt they know where the actual "good" hiding places are. The key to my back door is in a "good" hiding spot, but that spot is nothing that would be considered "common" - not even close to common and not even close to the door for that matter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 1 Jul 2013 08:17:36 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

Here's another solution to the "locked out" problem.

Hang a small windchime on your front porch, the cheap kind with a few different metal shapes. Replace a couple of them with a lock pick and tension bar.

Learn to pick your own lock. You'll get used to your own, it's not like you have to become expert or fast.

Unlike hiding a key, you haven't given access to just anybody who finds it. Your ex isn't going to get in and unplug your freezer while you're on vacation in July.

You haven't given access to burglars either. They don't know how to pick locks, they just kick doors in. That .1% that might know probably already own a lock pick.

Get caught breaking into your own house may even get you a beer with
the President.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 16:50:20 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

BTW...he didn't actually lose the electronic key. He knows where it is: at
the bottom of the creek he was canoeing on. He put it in a tied down,
watertight container in one of the canoes and closed it properly. He even
checked it during one of their breaks. Sometime later somebody else opened
the container, didn't close it properly and ended up flipping the canoe. He
wasn't the only person that lost items. A bunch of people were ****ed.

When I've gone canoeing, I've lways wondered whether to take my key
with me or leave it at the canoe rental place. I think I always take
it with me. So far so good.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

BTW...he didn't actually lose the electronic key. He knows where it is: at
the bottom of the creek he was canoeing on. He put it in a tied down,
watertight container in one of the canoes and closed it properly. He even
checked it during one of their breaks. Sometime later somebody else opened
the container, didn't close it properly and ended up flipping the canoe. He
wasn't the only person that lost items. A bunch of people were ****ed.

When I've gone canoeing, I've lways wondered whether to take my key
with me or leave it at the canoe rental place. I think I always take
it with me. So far so good.

Unless you are driving a shuttle vehicle back to the start point, why take
the key?

If there is a secure place at wherever it is you are returning to, I don't
see the need to take the risk.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

BTW...he didn't actually lose the electronic key. He knows where it is: at
the bottom of the creek he was canoeing on. He put it in a tied down,
watertight container in one of the canoes and closed it properly. He even
checked it during one of their breaks. Sometime later somebody else opened
the container, didn't close it properly and ended up flipping the canoe. He
wasn't the only person that lost items. A bunch of people were ****ed.

When I've gone canoeing, I've lways wondered whether to take my key
with me or leave it at the canoe rental place. I think I always take
it with me. So far so good.

Unless you are driving a shuttle vehicle back to the start point, why take
the key?

I don't trust the people who collect the keys, or all those who know
where they store them.

If there is a secure place at wherever it is you are returning to, I don't
see the need to take the risk.

No risk. I safety pin my keys into my clothes. Never had a fob
before 2 years ago. Now I'll probably leave the fob in the car
somewhere and just take the key. Maybe I'll take a non-electronic key
and leave the electronic one in my my car.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:49:28 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'd not want that information in a digital kiosk. Wait, it wants
your home adress, too?

No, it doesn't. Learn to read.

The kiosk does not store any personal information, only your fingerprint and the key data.

I suppose if you have a criminal record, the right person with the right access could cross-reference the fingerprint and get your personal information. But, you're a criminal. Would I really want to break into your home knowing that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 10:21:08 -0400, micky
wrote:

Maybe I'll take a non-electronic key
and leave the electronic one in my my car.

That makes sense. I've never gotten anything wet in a canoe. Just
don't ask me what happened to stuff outside the canoe and how it got
there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

If you consider a safety pin a "no risk" solution, so be it. I can
certainly see a situation where a fall could bend the pin in such a manner
that it opens - maybe not right away, maybe later. I'd still call it "some
risk" vs. "no risk".

Now, the non-electronic key is a good idea. If everything else go wrong,
you could still call AAA or a locksmith and get the real key out of your
car.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Criminals have all the good drugs and guns. And are often the target of other criminals. So, yes, that's an issue. As to the adress, I'd expect the kiosk to ask.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
wrote in message ...
On Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:49:28 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'd not want that information in a digital kiosk. Wait, it wants
your home adress, too?

No, it doesn't. Learn to read.

The kiosk does not store any personal information, only your fingerprint and the key data.

I suppose if you have a criminal record, the right person with the right access could cross-reference the fingerprint and get your personal information. But, you're a criminal. Would I really want to break into your home knowing that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Maybe I'll take a non-electronic key
and leave the electronic one in my my car.

That makes sense. I've never gotten anything wet in a canoe. Just
don't ask me what happened to stuff outside the canoe and how it got
there.

Somehow I had a girlfriend from Hungary when I was about 30. She
had rented a campsite for the summer next to the Delaware River in NJ
or NY. But it turned out she was the only single woman there and all
the rest were couples. The women were suspicious of her, though I
don't think she had done anything.

We're canoeing. I'm in the back. She's in the front, sunbathing,
stretched out with her head stickig out on one side of the the canoe
and her legs on the other. I was looking right at her and didn't see
her move, but all of a sudden the canoe flipped over. But in those
days I was competent, had everything in a plastic bag, which was in a
canvas duffel bag to keep the inner bag from ripping, which was in a
big plastic bag to keep the canvas bag from getting wet.

During the Hungarian revolution in 1956, she wasn't getting along well
with her mother, so when the Russians invaded, she swam across the
Danube to get away from them. I can't remember if they were shooting
at her or not. She was about 14 then. She ended up in NYC, and
when I met her she was a sometimes lecturer on art at Columbia Univ.
She sometimes led "field trips" to NYC art museums, and gave her
lectures there. Pretty good for where she started. After we
broke up, things loosened up in Hungary so she went back to see her
family etc. It turned out her monther had a decade earlier moved to
NYC, and was the superintendant of an apartment building on the upper
east side. My friend lived of course on the upper west side. So
they lived nearby for almost a decade but neither knew it. When she
got back she looked up her mother and it was wonderful to see her.
But within a couple weeks her mother was nagging her again, too much
makeup, this, that, the same reasons she left at age 14.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I don't consider too much makeup and Russians shooting at her to be
similar reasons.

Posted to alt.home.repair

During the Hungarian revolution in 1956, she wasn't getting along well
with her mother, so when the Russians invaded, she swam across the
Danube to get away from them. I can't remember if they were shooting
at her or not. She was about 14 then. She ended up in NYC, and
when I met her she was a sometimes lecturer on art at Columbia Univ.

Wow, I remember that being on the news back then. I was only 10 at the
time but there were many refugees coming to the US.

When she
got back she looked up her mother and it was wonderful to see her.
But within a couple weeks her mother was nagging her again, too much
makeup, this, that, the same reasons she left at age 14.

Mothers just can't change sometimes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Does she have a key digitally stored?
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

During the Hungarian revolution in 1956, she wasn't getting along well
with her mother, so when the Russians invaded, she swam across the
Danube to get away from them. I can't remember if they were shooting
at her or not. She was about 14 then. She ended up in NYC, and
when I met her she was a sometimes lecturer on art at Columbia Univ.

Wow, I remember that being on the news back then. I was only 10 at the
time but there were many refugees coming to the US.

When she
got back she looked up her mother and it was wonderful to see her.
But within a couple weeks her mother was nagging her again, too much
makeup, this, that, the same reasons she left at age 14.

Mothers just can't change sometimes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I see the smiley, but FTR if they were shooting, they weren't shooting
until she was swimming away, so she was leaving before they started
shooting. She blameed her mother, not the reimposition of
Communist rule after a 2 weeks where the revolution still had a chance
of success. Budapest is the combination of two cities, Buda and
Pest, one on each side of the Danube. Currently there are about 10
bridges across the river within Budapest. I don't know why she had to
swim. Soviet soldiers posted at the bridges? But why then was she
safer on the other side?

BTW, this was when Cardinal Mindszenty fled to the US Embassy, where
he lived for 15 years before being allowed out of the country. Sort
of like the wikileaks guy, in Ecuador's embassy, maybe, except for the
reason why. From wikip " During World War II he was imprisoned by
the pro-Nazi authorities.[2] After the war, he opposed communism and
the communist persecution in his country. As a result, he was tortured
and given a life sentence in a 1949 show trial that generated
worldwide condemnation, including a United Nations resolution. After
eight years in prison, he was freed in the Hungarian Revolution of
1956 and granted political asylum by the United States embassy in
Budapest, where Mindszenty lived for the next fifteen years.[2] He was
finally allowed to leave the country in 1971. He died in exile in 1975
in Vienna, Austria."

This was also big news in 1956, and medium news for years afterwards.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, July 4, 2013 8:39:39 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
As to the adress, I'd expect the kiosk to ask.

It doesn't.

New store komar1970 Metalworking 3 February 3rd 11 04:09 AM
new store komar1970 Metalworking 1 February 2nd 11 01:52 AM
digitally record an exact 3D surface? in realm of possibilities? Cliff Metalworking 2 March 27th 06 09:33 PM
digitally record an exact 3D surface? in realm of possibilities? Cliff Metalworking 0 March 26th 06 08:32 PM
New Store Richard Woodworking 1 November 4th 05 04:29 AM