Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AC enhanced with distillery

I have standard forced air system in midwest US. All day long the expansion
valve creates distilled water.

How can I enhance the system to distill, say, Scotch whiskey? I feel as if
a Great Opportunity is daily passing me by. :-)

Thanks,
Cuth

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 28, 2013 12:10:07 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I have standard forced air system in midwest US. All day long the expansion

valve creates distilled water.

How can I enhance the system to distill, say, Scotch whiskey? I feel as if

a Great Opportunity is daily passing me by. :-)

Thanks,

Cuth

The water output is from the moisture extracted from inside your home. If you fill your home with Scotch vapors, it should pull them out of the inside air as well. Try firing up a vat of malt in your living room using peat as fuel.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Puddin' Man wrote in
:

I have standard forced air system in midwest US. All day long the expansion
valve creates distilled water.

No, it does not. It creates condensate. Distillation requires heating a liquid to its boiling
point. Condensation requires only cooling a vapor to below its dewpoint -- which is what's
happening in your air conditioner.

How can I enhance the system to distill, say, Scotch whiskey?

You can't.

I feel as if
a Great Opportunity is daily passing me by. :-)

It's not. Read about distillation on wikipedia, and you'll understand why this is so.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/28/2013 11:10 AM, Puddin' Man wrote:

I have standard forced air system in midwest US. All day long the expansion
valve creates distilled water.

How can I enhance the system to distill, say, Scotch whiskey? I feel as if
a Great Opportunity is daily passing me by. :-)

Thanks,
Cuth

You can actually use a heat exchanger that bypasses the condenser coil
to preheat your mash which would require less energy to bring it to a
boil. I've serviced such units used to provide hot water for homes. ^_^

http://techcrunch.com/2011/06/12/air...-water-heater/

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Use wood stove indoors, with shallow pans of mash, on top.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Puddin' Man" wrote in message ...

I have standard forced air system in midwest US. All day long the expansion
valve creates distilled water.

How can I enhance the system to distill, say, Scotch whiskey? I feel as if
a Great Opportunity is daily passing me by. :-)

Thanks,
Cuth

Posted to alt.home.repair

You can actually use a heat exchanger that bypasses the condenser coil
to preheat your mash which would require less energy to bring it to a
boil. I've serviced such units used to provide hot water for homes. ^_^

http://techcrunch.com/2011/06/12/air...-water-heater/

Interesting.

Many Thanks,
Cuth
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 6/29/2013 10:47 PM, Cuthbert Crossthread wrote:

You can actually use a heat exchanger that bypasses the condenser coil
to preheat your mash which would require less energy to bring it to a
boil. I've serviced such units used to provide hot water for homes. ^_^

http://techcrunch.com/2011/06/12/air...-water-heater/

Interesting.

Had similar on the geothermal system in TN...worked very nicely in warm
weather, doesn't help in cold, of course...

http://www.waterfurnace.com/literature/geotank/AG1600TW.pdf