Posted to alt.home.repair

Default white fluffy mold

I work in a warehouse and the when it rains the water pools on the roof
and slow drips into the warehouse through the ceiling vent. on a bad rain
we can get about an inch of water in a wastepaper basket. Noticed today
that there was some white fluffy stuff on the smooth concrete floor in
the area where the concrete gets wet . I scraped it with some paper towel
and the stuff looked like cotton candy. I wiped the concrete with
Fantastic with bleach and 3 hours later I noticed that it has started
growing back. Never though it would grow back soo fast. Would putting
something like baking soda or cornstarch work to help suffocate the mold
and draw moisture from the concrete? Is it mold or is it efflorescence ?
sorry no photo.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ld-753878-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Susan writes:

I work in a warehouse and the when it rains the water pools on the roof
and slow drips into the warehouse through the ceiling vent. on a bad rain
we can get about an inch of water in a wastepaper basket. Noticed today
that there was some white fluffy stuff on the smooth concrete floor in
the area where the concrete gets wet . I scraped it with some paper towel
and the stuff looked like cotton candy. I wiped the concrete with
Fantastic with bleach and 3 hours later I noticed that it has started
growing back. Never though it would grow back soo fast. Would putting
something like baking soda or cornstarch work to help suffocate the mold
and draw moisture from the concrete? Is it mold or is it efflorescence ?
sorry no photo.

On concrete, I'd guess you are looking at salt bloom, not a fungus or mold.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Susan" wrote

I work in a warehouse and the when it rains the water pools on the roof
and slow drips into the warehouse through the ceiling vent. on a bad rain
we can get about an inch of water in a wastepaper basket. Noticed today
that there was some white fluffy stuff on the smooth concrete floor in
the area where the concrete gets wet . I scraped it with some paper towel
and the stuff looked like cotton candy. I wiped the concrete with
Fantastic with bleach and 3 hours later I noticed that it has started
growing back. Never though it would grow back soo fast. Would putting
something like baking soda or cornstarch work to help suffocate the mold
and draw moisture from the concrete? Is it mold or is it efflorescence ?
sorry no photo.

Could it be bits of insulation dropping from the roof?