Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 10 most important items in the home

A couple years ago, at church we had an exercise in thought. What are the 10 most important items in your home? And we should list them, with the #1 of course being most important. Some folks started with the video game, television, a few chose scriptures.

I've probably got that list around some where, and it's burried deep in boxes of stuff in the closet. But, I do remember item number one, but I'm not telling for now.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
A couple years ago, at church we had an exercise in thought. What are the 10 most important items in your home? And we should list them, with the #1 of course being most important. Some folks started with the video game, television, a few chose scriptures.

I've probably got that list around some where, and it's burried deep in boxes of stuff in the closet. But, I do remember item number one, but I'm not telling for now.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.

1. Love.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Senior Member

2. non-stick frying pan
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
willshak wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
A couple years ago, at church we had an exercise in thought. What are the
10 most important items in your home? And we should list them, with the #1
of course being most important. Some folks started with the video game,
television, a few chose scriptures.

I've probably got that list around some where, and it's burried deep in
boxes of stuff in the closet. But, I do remember item number one, but I'm
not telling for now.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.

1. Love.

Mastery & actual use of common sense and good judgment.

Erik

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 7, 6:21*pm, nestork wrote:
2. non-stick frying pan

--
nestork

non-top-posting internet persons
Posted to alt.home.repair

#1 of course being most important. Some folks started with the video
game, television, a few chose scriptures.

I've probably got that list around some where, and it's burried deep in
boxes of stuff in the closet. But, I do remember item number one, but I'm
not telling for now.

Cross
Holy water
Gun

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 7, 10:54*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
A couple years ago, at church we had an exercise in thought. What are the 10 most important items in your home? And we should list them, with the #1 of course being most important. Some folks started with the video game, television, a few chose scriptures.

I've probably got that list around some where, and it's burried deep in boxes of stuff in the closet. But, I do remember item number one, but I'm not telling for now.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
* *www.lds.org
.
.Ads not by this site

Probably in your case;

Book of Mormon twaddle.
Then your AK47.

Or possibly reverse order.
You live in such an immoral society.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 7, 4:54 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
A couple years ago, at church we had an exercise in thought. What are the 10 most important items in your home? And we should list them, with the #1 of course being most important. Some folks started with the video game, television, a few chose scriptures.

I've probably got that list around some where, and it's burried deep in boxes of stuff in the closet. But, I do remember item number one, but I'm not telling for now.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.

1 Water
2 Food
3 Toilet paper
4 Guns and ammo
5 Television
6 Lawn mower
7 Gasoline
8 Internet access
9 Whiskey
10 Aspirin

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 8, 8:33*am, Robert wrote:

2 Water
2 Food
3 Toilet paper
4 Guns and ammo
5 Television
6 Lawn mower
7 Gasoline
8 Internet access
1 Whiskey
10 Aspirin

Fixed it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wow, didn't expect anyone to get it.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Red Green" wrote in message ...
in boxes of stuff in the closet. But, I
do remember item number one,
but I'm not telling for now.
.
Christopher A. Young

Toilet.

+1

Posted to alt.home.repair

Your list is good. I think mine were toilet, furnace, shower, refrigerator, and can't remember the rest of the list.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Robert" wrote in message ...

1 Water
2 Food
3 Toilet paper
4 Guns and ammo
5 Television
6 Lawn mower
7 Gasoline
8 Internet access
9 Whiskey
10 Aspirin

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Your list is good. I think mine were toilet, furnace, shower, refrigerator, and can't remember the rest of the list.

How did humans get this far without all those 'essential' things?

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , cayoung61
says...

What are the 10 most important items in your home?

1. Roof! (As in having a "roof" over your head. Walls with insulation
are nice in the winter...)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 8, 7:38 am, Thomas wrote:

2 Water
2 Food
3 Toilet paper
4 Guns and ammo
5 Television
6 Lawn mower
7 Gasoline
8 Internet access
1 Whiskey
10 Aspirin

Fixed it.

There is much wisdom in your post ...
Posted to alt.home.repair

willshak wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Your list is good. I think mine were toilet, furnace, shower,
refrigerator, and can't remember the rest of the list.

How did humans get this far without all those 'essential' things?

They managed. But our yards smell better.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

A couple years ago, at church we had an exercise in thought. What are the 10 most important items in your home? And we should list them, with the #1 of course being most important. Some folks started with the video game, television, a few chose scriptures.

I've probably got that list around some where, and it's burried deep in boxes of stuff in the closet. But, I do remember item number one, but I'm not telling for now.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.

Wife

Good grief. I can't believe nobody, other than you, even got close!

Number one: Family members -- including pets!

Number two: Whatever

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 15:15:33 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 6/9/2013 1:56 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 11:16:36 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

snip

The most important thing is a harem of girls; of a certain legal age.

Everything else takes care if itself.

The one thing I want most in a home:

PEACE AND QUIET!!!!

TDD

Have the "a harem of girls; of a certain legal age"; stop talking.

Action speaks better than words...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 7, 2013 5:54:35 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
A couple years ago, at church we had an exercise in thought. What are the 10 most important items in your home? And we should list them, with the #1 of course being most important. Some folks started with the video game, television, a few chose scriptures.

I've probably got that list around some where, and it's burried deep in boxes of stuff in the closet. But, I do remember item number one, but I'm not telling for now.

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn more about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

.

I'd start with:

1. Gun to scare off people trying to steal the next nine items.
2. Ammunition, in case they don't scare easy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

#1 These wires!
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3780/1...ca0d583a_b.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

#1 These wires!
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3780/1...ca0d583a_b.jpg

You know, those would be on my list, but not number one. At least, not
#1 on my list. But then, I've a different perspective.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

#1 These wires!
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3780/1...ca0d583a_b.jpg

Actually, with the power going out almost monthly out here, I think
THIS is the most important thing in the home!

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3816/1...c5ff74c3_o.gif

Posted to alt.home.repair

#1 These wires!
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3780/1...ca0d583a_b.jpg

Actually, with the power going out almost monthly out here, I think
THIS is the most important thing in the home!

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3816/1...c5ff74c3_o.gif

Hmm, I've not seen a phone demark box inside a garage
Posted to alt.home.repair

#1 These wires!
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3780/1...ca0d583a_b.jpg

Actually, with the power going out almost monthly out here, I think
THIS is the most important thing in the home!

Hi,
Where are you? Power going out almost monthly.
I moved out here in early '70. Since total power outage
altogether is like less than 5 hours.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 15:02:13 -0800, Oren wrote:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3816/1...c5ff74c3_o.gif

Hmm, I've not seen a phone demark box inside a garage

Ah, my Huckleberry friend. A new word for me, I see:
demark: In telephony, the demarcation point is the point at which
the public switched telephone network ends and connects
with the customer's on-premises wiring.

Where I grew up, *everything* was inside the basement of my
parent's house (back east); but out here, in California, most
things are *outside* the house.

I guess the phone demarcation box slipped through the cracks.

PS: If you know anything about those generac boxes, I'd love
to know what the heck they're doing, since they're huge compared
to the size of the main circuit breaker panel for the house.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 16:32:34 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:

Where are you? Power going out almost monthly.
I moved out here in early '70. Since total power outage
altogether is like less than 5 hours.

I'm in the mountains surrounding Silicon Valley.
The winds coming off the ocean are ferocious.
Almost every year they get to 100mph gusts.
I don't measure them, but, that's what the newspapers say.
The power goes out for days at a time. Constantly.
Everyone has their own generator.
The Redwood trees aim for the power lines, it seems.
It happens more in the Winter than the Summer though.

Do you know what is inside those two huge generac boxes?
They dwarf the main circuit breaker panel in size.
Why do they need to be so huge?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

snip

The most important thing is a harem of girls; of a certain legal age.

Everything else takes care if itself.

The one thing I want most in a home:

PEACE AND QUIET!!!!

TDD

Have the "a harem of girls; of a certain legal age"; stop talking.

Action speaks better than words...

The only girl here with me is Sandy. I tell people that I have a 40 year
old gal who crawls under the covers with me when I go to bed. I get
called a cradle robber etc for that one but Sandy is around 40 in human
years. If I told folks I had a 7 year old girl who crawled under
the covers with me when I went to bed, they would call me a pervert. My
roommate has a psychotic Beagle named Lexie who has gray whiskers so
she's probably 80 in human years and I've know her since she was a pup
so when the fat little bitch tries to crawl into my lap, Sandy gets
jealous and challenges the three times bigger dog and in dog speak says,
"Back off bitch! He's mine!" Sandy is burrowed under her comforter on
the floor next to me right now because I won't let her in my lap when
I'm typing. Just being close to me is enough for her and when I go to
bed, here she comes after me to crawl under that blanket too. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

The 10 most important items in the home a

1 the wife
2 the kids
3 the pets
4 the wife's prozac
5 the kids A.D.D medications
6 the pets anti-psychotic meds
7 my phone list of attractive women I know
8 my condoms
9 my beer
10 the keys for my car so I can escape from the family.

And a roll of toilet paper which is vitally needed when the **** flies.