Posted to alt.home.repair

Default trying to replace an old mark iii advance transformer ballast

I have an old Mark III 120 volt ballast that uses 2 96" bulbs. The catalog
# R-2E75-S-2-TP. It has black and white wires on one side and red and blue
on other. What would be the correct replacement? I assume it may have more
wires?

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...as-750713-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/1/2013 12:44 AM, Andy wrote:
I have an old Mark III 120 volt ballast that uses 2 96" bulbs. The
catalog
# R-2E75-S-2-TP. It has black and white wires on one side and red and
blue
on other. What would be the correct replacement? I assume it may have
more
wires?

You want to get an electronic replacement ballast like a GE basic 12.
The wiring connections are different from the magnetic one that you will
be removing, so you'll have to follow the diagram printed on the ballast.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Andy, Lou C. wrote:
Hello, I know this answer comes a little late for you, but may help someone
else. If your looking to do a simple swap out for the Advance R-2E75-S-3-TP,
go to iLightDepot-Ballast. They sell a ballast that replaces this type of
ballast using the same wiring to power 2 F-96 T 12 lamps. You wont have to do
anything different. The part number for this is Universal 806SLH-TC-P This
will do the trick.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...as-750713-.htm