DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Honeywell Chronotherm III "Replace battery" (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/355794-honeywell-chronotherm-iii-replace-battery.html)

Chuck Botts April 29th 13 01:44 AM

Honeywell Chronotherm III "Replace battery"

Put brand new batteries in the unit and it still flashes "Repl Bat".
Cleaned the contacts and checked the batteries. What to look for?

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ry-746492-.htm

Sjouke Burry[_5_] April 29th 13 03:48 AM

Honeywell Chronotherm III "Replace battery"

Chuck Botts wrote in
oups.com:

Put brand new batteries in the unit and it still flashes "Repl Bat".
Cleaned the contacts and checked the batteries. What to look for?

Check the nominal required voltage of the old and the new batteries.
If the new battery has a different chemical construcyion,
the voltage will be different.

Stormin Mormon[_9_] April 29th 13 12:41 PM

Honeywell Chronotherm III "Replace battery"

Look for a good usenet provider, and usenet reader.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..

[email protected][_2_] April 29th 13 01:13 PM

Honeywell Chronotherm III "Replace battery"

On Apr 28, 8:44*pm, Chuck Botts
wrote:
Put brand new batteries in the unit and it still flashes "Repl Bat".
Cleaned the contacts and checked the batteries. What to look for?

If they are the correct batteries, I'd be looking for a new
thermostat. I'd let it sit without the batteries for an hour or
so just to make sure it's fully reset.

--
posted fromhttp://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/honeywell-chronotherm-iii-re...

Zeugma September 15th 19 10:44 PM

Honeywell Chronotherm III "Replace battery"

replying to Chuck Botts, Zeugma wrote:
Had the same problem. Replaced the batteries and the display still showed
'Repl Bat'.
Fixed it by pulling the batteries, putting the unit back on the wall, then
turning the power to the furnace off and back on.
That cleared the display. Put the batteries back in the unit and all was well.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ry-746492-.htm

ruth9490 October 11th 20 03:15 AM

Honeywell Chronotherm III "Replace battery"

Thank you so much for posting this. I followed your directions and fixed my problem!

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ry-746492-.htm

barkster December 29th 20 05:45 PM

Honeywell Chronotherm III "Replace battery"

Wow, can't believe that worked. I have thrown away a couple because of this. Thanks

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ry-746492-.htm