Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I need a telephone booth (pay phone type)

Everyone you see these days are taking on their cellphone damn near
everywhere. Many times these people are very annoying. Myself, being
elderly, I am used to going into a small telephone booth to make a call
away from home. For some reason, making a call in clear view of others
with the sky over my head just dont seem right. In fact it feels really
wrong. Much of the time I go in my car to make calls, that feels
better. But it's still not like a good old phone booth.

Therefore, I am looking at ideas to build a portable phone booth that I
can carry around along with my cellphone. When I need to make a call,
it simply unfolds and turns into a small booth, where I can make my
call. Of course it will have to be very lightweight, and small enough
to carry easily, yet sturdy enough to stand without the wind blowing it
over. And, like all phone booths, it needs windows.

Telephones belong in telephone booths. It's just plain natural. If
anyone has any ideas to build such a thing, I'd like to hear your ideas.
Yea, the phone will just be a common cellphone, no coins needed. And
like all phone booths, it will need a light. One of those battery
operated, glue on LED type lights with a pullchain (like they sell on
tv), should do the trick.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in :

[...]

If phone booths still existed someone would turn it into a meth lab.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1264167
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

http://maxgrace.files.wordpress.com/...hone_booth.jpg

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:48:41 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 4/24/2013 5:59 PM, wrote:
[...]

Ever heard of Doctor Who? ^_^

Nurse What?

Telephone Network Interface Device (NID) Telephone Box ? Robert11 Home Ownership 1 May 3rd 07 10:37 PM
Telephone will not dial out--the kind of phone with no AC power [email protected] Home Repair 63 February 1st 07 02:26 AM
INSPIRATION - British Phone Booth Cabinet J T Woodworking 4 January 4th 06 02:18 AM
Phone Booth Plans Tom Woodworking 9 September 20th 05 09:29 PM
Bernina Telecom Portable Telephone Type CP3050 (Swiss) Bitzn Electronics Repair 0 February 13th 05 11:44 AM