Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lopper

I have an older Fiskars lopper that looks much like this one
http://tinyurl.com/coqcepu

Unfortunately years of cutting things that shouldn't have been cut by
it caused knicks in the cutting jaw so it was time for a new one,
preferably longer handle too.

I went to Harbor Freight since I had a coupon and bought something
similar to this http://hfreviews.com/item.php?id=670 What a complete
piece of junk it was! You would think with extendable handles and a
ratcheting head it could cut branches better but it absolutely sucked
so I went back to the worn out chipped Fiskars.

Back to the Fiskars brand and now I have one like this
http://tinyurl.com/chysyc8 but I still prefer the one with the gears.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 17:26:17 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"
wrote:

I have an older Fiskars lopper that looks much like this one
http://tinyurl.com/coqcepu

Unfortunately years of cutting things that shouldn't have been cut by
it caused knicks in the cutting jaw so it was time for a new one,
preferably longer handle too.

I went to Harbor Freight since I had a coupon and bought something
similar to this http://hfreviews.com/item.php?id=670 What a complete
piece of junk it was! You would think with extendable handles and a
ratcheting head it could cut branches better but it absolutely sucked
so I went back to the worn out chipped Fiskars.

Back to the Fiskars brand and now I have one like this
http://tinyurl.com/chysyc8 but I still prefer the one with the gears.

so why didn't you get the Fiskars with the gears?
http://www2.fiskars.com/Gardening-an...pass-Lopper-32

I'm not sure mine are Fiskars- but I've had them a decade and am still
surprised at how nicely they slice things off.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 22, 12:26*pm, "badgolferman"
wrote:
I have an older Fiskars lopper that looks much like this onehttp://tinyurl.com/coqcepu

Unfortunately years of cutting things that shouldn't have been cut by
it caused knicks in the cutting jaw so it was time for a new one,
preferably longer handle too.

I went to Harbor Freight since I had a coupon and bought something
similar to thishttp://hfreviews.com/item.php?id=670*What a complete
piece of junk it was! *You would think with extendable handles and a
ratcheting head it could cut branches better but it absolutely sucked
so I went back to the worn out chipped Fiskars.

Back to the Fiskars brand and now I have one like thishttp://tinyurl.com/chysyc8but I still prefer the one with the gears.

Harbor freight is good for ticky-tacky tools that you don't expect
much from, or use only once a year or less. You have to pick and
choose when you go to their store.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Because I had a 20% off Harbor Freight coupon. And the new Fiskars
loppers were the only ones available where I bought them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have an older Fiskars lopper that looks much like this one
http://tinyurl.com/coqcepu

Unfortunately years of cutting things that shouldn't have been cut by
it caused knicks in the cutting jaw so it was time for a new one,
preferably longer handle too.

I went to Harbor Freight since I had a coupon and bought something
similar to this http://hfreviews.com/item.php?id=670 What a complete
piece of junk it was! You would think with extendable handles and a
ratcheting head it could cut branches better but it absolutely sucked
so I went back to the worn out chipped Fiskars.

Back to the Fiskars brand and now I have one like this
http://tinyurl.com/chysyc8 but I still prefer the one with the gears.

I just had a handle break on a Fiskars lopper. I took a picture,
e-mailed it to them and they are sending me a new pair for free.,
These things have a lifetime warranty.

I've had a few companies do similar things. I had an Ames hose reel
that started leaking at the bearings. Went on their site to order
parts and there weren't any prices. They were free, including
shipping. Same deal with Irwin clamps (and I just lost those pieces).