Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What would you do?

I put up some corrugated roofing. Not the S curve kind, but the angular
ones. At the corners, where they lay flat, there are the ridges, every
foot, or so, that are trapezoidal in shape. 1.5" high, 3" on the long side,
2" on the short one. I'd day 200 of these. In some places, I can put in 4"
flashing, and seal the problem somewhat for leakage and to make it drain
properly. But this is mainly for air flow.

I had thought of a couple of things:

Good stuff. Would take a lot of cans, and I don't know the lifespan of
that. Guess I could shape it somewhat into the hole while it was fluid.

Buying sheets of foam, and cutting the trapezoids, and stuffing them in.
Again, lifespan would be the determining factor.

Take some Cedar or redwood, and cut them on a table saw using a template to
get good repeatability. A couple of short brads to keep them in place, and
some caulking to seal it properly. I think that life span would be the
longest.

If you were doing this, how would you do it? This will be to totally seal
the building, making it as airtight as possible for HVAC purposes.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe try searching corrugated closure strips. Something here might work?
http://www.corrugatedmetal.com/acces...losure-strips/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default FAIL: Post without rational subject line (was: What would you do?)

Steve B wrote a post without making coherent use of the subject line.

Steve's post - FAIL.