Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 5.8 FLA, 34.8 LRA

Related to the previous post.

A friend takes care of a commerical steam boiler which has a low-water
cutoff, whose output switch is rated 5.8 FLA, 34.8 LRA . What
is the difference between FL amps and LR amps? The Flash vs the Lone
Ranger?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
micky wrote:

Related to the previous post.

A friend takes care of a commerical steam boiler which has a low-water
cutoff, whose output switch is rated 5.8 FLA, 34.8 LRA . What
is the difference between FL amps and LR amps? The Flash vs the Lone
Ranger?

Full Load Amps
Locked Rotor Amps

i.e. running vs. startup current
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Dec 2012 10:04:20 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
micky wrote:

Related to the previous post.

A friend takes care of a commerical steam boiler which has a low-water
cutoff, whose output switch is rated 5.8 FLA, 34.8 LRA . What
is the difference between FL amps and LR amps? The Flash vs the Lone
Ranger?

Full Load Amps
Locked Rotor Amps

i.e. running vs. startup current

Great. thanks. Never saw it before, but I think I can remember it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

FLA, full load amps, is the current draw under full load.
LRA, locked rotor amps, is the current draw if the center rotor is locked
and cannot move.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"micky" wrote in message
Related to the previous post.

A friend takes care of a commerical steam boiler which has a low-water
cutoff, whose output switch is rated 5.8 FLA, 34.8 LRA . What
is the difference between FL amps and LR amps? The Flash vs the Lone
Ranger?

Posted to alt.home.repair

LRA isn't starting current.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"micky" wrote in message

Full Load Amps
Locked Rotor Amps

i.e. running vs. startup current

Great. thanks. Never saw it before, but I think I can remember it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

LRA isn't starting current.

LRA is identical to starting current, so your alleged point is moot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 16, 1:55*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
*"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

LRA isn't starting current.

LRA is identical to starting current, so your alleged point is moot.

If the motor turns when power is applied, the peak current is the LRA,
but it only lasts for a fraction of a second and then drops as soon as
the motor armature starts rotating.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/16/2012 2:55 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

LRA isn't starting current.

LRA is identical to starting current, so your alleged point is moot.

Exactly, at the moment the motor is energized it is not moving and is
essentially "locked"