Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Uses for WD 40

From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kill roaches, but you can spray it on dishes to separate them, or spray it
on your hand to get a ring off. I've got to keep reading, this is too much
fun. Hmm. Only one or two had to do with displacing water. Not sure I'm
going to spray all my eaves, to keep wasps off.

I really despise web sites that could be laid out in a list, but they make
you click through.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

Posted to alt.home.repair

Don't you hate

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

Posted to alt.home.repair

websites that make you

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

Posted to alt.home.repair

click through for each item?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/30/12 7:32 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Kill roaches, but you can spray it on dishes to separate them, or spray it
on your hand to get a ring off. I've got to keep reading, this is too much
fun. Hmm. Only one or two had to do with displacing water. Not sure I'm
going to spray all my eaves, to keep wasps off.

I really despise web sites that could be laid out in a list, but they make
you click through.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

I bet there are ads on every page that I can easily ignore.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman writes:

From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

I'd respond to the idiot top poster who complained, but I'm not going to
fix his mistake.

Anyway, those multiple pages are annoying.
For most sites, the solution is to click on "print", then post the URL
as:

http://tinyurl.com/cdjcob2

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 07:20:18 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

And where does all this WD-40 ultimately end up? Like all
the other chemical stuff we manufacture, buy, and use--it
ends up in the air and water.

--
croy
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
Dean Hoffman writes:

From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

I'd respond to the idiot top poster who complained, but I'm not going to
fix his mistake.

Anyway, those multiple pages are annoying.
For most sites, the solution is to click on "print", then post the URL
as:

http://tinyurl.com/cdjcob2

Thank you for lighting a candle instead of cursing the darkness. But don't
you think you're being a little hard on the Beaver? Perhaps "differently
abled" would be kinder than "idiotic."

What interests me is how similar Mormons and Muslims a

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormonism_and_Islam

Joseph Smith, Jr., the founding prophet of Mormonism, was referred to as
"the modern Mahomet" by the New York Herald, shortly after his murder in
June 1844.

Some people call them "Morlims:"

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/apr...al/me-morlims2 says:

Both religions strongly emphasize family. They tend toward patriarchy,
believing in feminine modesty, chastity and virtue. And although Islam
discourages dancing involving both sexes, Mormons report that
church-sponsored "modesty proms" commonly draw Islamic youths.
Both faiths adhere to religion-based health codes, including prohibitions
against alcohol, but Mormons and Muslims share something mo membership in
quickly growing minority religions that many other Americans have sometimes
viewed with suspicion and scorn . . .
Armand L. Mauss, a Mormon and professor emeritus of sociology at Washington
State University specializing in religious movements, said that unlike
mainstream Christians and Jews, Muslims and Mormons "tend to make fairly
stringent demands for religious conformity on their members." These
practices, he said, include discouraging marriage outside the religion and
observing dietary laws, such as the Mormon prohibition against tobacco,
alcohol and caffeine.

Stormin' Morlim - it could catch on!

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan Espen wrote:
Dean Hoffman writes:

From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

I'd respond to the idiot top poster who complained, but I'm not going
to fix his mistake.

Anyway, those multiple pages are annoying.
For most sites, the solution is to click on "print", then post the URL
as:

http://tinyurl.com/cdjcob2

Looks like pretty stupid reasons to use WD40.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert Green" writes:

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
Dean Hoffman writes:

From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

I'd respond to the idiot top poster who complained, but I'm not going to
fix his mistake.

Anyway, those multiple pages are annoying.
For most sites, the solution is to click on "print", then post the URL
as:

http://tinyurl.com/cdjcob2

Thank you for lighting a candle instead of cursing the darkness. But don't
you think you're being a little hard on the Beaver? Perhaps "differently
abled" would be kinder than "idiotic."

Hugh Beaumont, I'm not.

Differently abled would apply up to the 10,000th time he was asked to
stop. Now the only accurate diagnosis is idiocy. Belligerent idiocy.
You'd think if he doesn't want to be part of the conversation, he'd just
go away. Instead he hangs around exposing his Moronism.

Why, yes, it appears I did get up on the wrong side of the bed this
morning.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/30/2012 06:09 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
Dean Hoffman writes:

From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

I'd respond to the idiot top poster who complained, but I'm not going to
fix his mistake.

Anyway, those multiple pages are annoying.
For most sites, the solution is to click on "print", then post the URL
as:

http://tinyurl.com/cdjcob2

That's one of the reasons I loathe the instructables site; I hate
letting the damn thing load up another serving of advertisements to make
me read a 20 page article.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan Espen wrote:
I'd respond to the idiot top poster who complained, but I'm not
going to fix his mistake.

Anyway, those multiple pages are annoying.
For most sites, the solution is to click on "print", then post the
URL as:

http://tinyurl.com/cdjcob2

Thank you for lighting a candle instead of cursing the darkness.
But don't you think you're being a little hard on the Beaver?
Perhaps "differently abled" would be kinder than "idiotic."

Hugh Beaumont, I'm not.

Differently abled would apply up to the 10,000th time he was asked to
stop. Now the only accurate diagnosis is idiocy. Belligerent idiocy.
You'd think if he doesn't want to be part of the conversation, he'd
just go away. Instead he hangs around exposing his Moronism.

Somehow, he just loves annoying everyone else in the discussions by his
deliberate top-posting. Funny way to promote your position (and religion). But
maybe that's just the way mormons are.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/30/2012 8:32 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Don't you hate

Sort of like the old Burma Shave signs along Route 66.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Uses for Burma Shave signs

Don't you hate

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Those spaced out signs

"Harvey Specter" wrote in message
eb.com...

No resaon to whimper or whine

On 11/30/2012 8:32 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Don't you hate

It's just our type of sign

Sort of like the old Burma Shave signs along Route 66.

(Burma Shave.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/30/12 8:09 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
Dean Hoffman writes:

From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

I'd respond to the idiot top poster who complained, but I'm not going to
fix his mistake.

Anyway, those multiple pages are annoying.
For most sites, the solution is to click on "print", then post the URL
as:

http://tinyurl.com/cdjcob2

Well, I learned something again. Good trick.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/30/2012 2:58 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Don't you hate

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Those spaced out signs

"Harvey Specter" wrote in message
eb.com...

No resaon to whimper or whine

On 11/30/2012 8:32 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Don't you hate

It's just our type of sign

Sort of like the old Burma Shave signs along Route 66.

(Burma Shave.)

I'm looking at this thread in a normal newsreader and it makes no sense.
Please learn how to post correctly in newsgroups.
Senior Member

Yeah, I use WD40 instead of PAM to keep my bacon and eggs from sticking to my frying pan.

Some people figure it's kinda crazy for me to fry my food in something with a chemical name as long as a shoelace.

But, I figure if my stomach doesn't know what to do with something, it'll just let it slide on by.

Last edited by nestork : November 30th 12 at 11:10 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 07:20:18 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

What's WD 40?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/30/2012 6:40 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 07:20:18 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

What's WD 40?

A magical potion delivered to we lowly humans by the gods. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman writes:

On 11/30/12 8:09 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
Dean Hoffman writes:

From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

I'd respond to the idiot top poster who complained, but I'm not going to
fix his mistake.

Anyway, those multiple pages are annoying.
For most sites, the solution is to click on "print", then post the URL
as:

http://tinyurl.com/cdjcob2

Well, I learned something again. Good trick.

Works on most sites.

A few days ago I saw someone use this:

http://alternativeto.net/software/deslide/

(Gets rid of annoying slide shows.)

Never owned a can of WD40...

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 18:44:36 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 11/30/2012 6:40 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 07:20:18 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

What's WD 40?

A magical potion delivered to we lowly humans by the gods. ^_^

TDD

Okay, I looked it up.
Seems it works for removing duct tape.
Now I have to go look up duct tape.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 11/30/2012 6:40 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 07:20:18 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

What's WD 40?

A magical potion delivered to we lowly humans by the gods. ^_^

Okay, I looked it up.
Seems it works for removing duct tape.
Now I have to go look up duct tape.

Now we know you're joking.

A roll of that wire they use to tie re-bar is actually better than WD40
or duct tape.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 11/30/2012 6:40 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 07:20:18 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

What's WD 40?

A magical potion delivered to we lowly humans by the gods. ^_^

Okay, I looked it up.
Seems it works for removing duct tape.
Now I have to go look up duct tape.

Now we know you're joking.

A roll of that wire they use to tie re-bar is actually better than WD40
or duct tape.

Too exotic for me. Coat hangers work fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 11/30/2012 6:40 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 07:20:18 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

What's WD 40?

A magical potion delivered to we lowly humans by the gods. ^_^

Okay, I looked it up.
Seems it works for removing duct tape.
Now I have to go look up duct tape.

Now we know you're joking.

A roll of that wire they use to tie re-bar is actually better than WD40
or duct tape.

Too exotic for me. Coat hangers work fine.

I can see that you have yet the experience the nirvana of tightly wrapped wire.

--
Dan Espen

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 20:44:28 -0500, Dan Espen
wrote:

I can see that you have yet the experience the nirvana of tightly wrapped wire.

I have a vague memory of fixing something with tightly wrapped wire,
covered by epoxy, then maybe adding duct tape.
It's good to forget some things.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:58:21 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Don't you hate

I only Hate Mormons!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 11/30/2012 6:40 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 07:20:18 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

What's WD 40?

A magical potion delivered to we lowly humans by the gods. ^_^

Okay, I looked it up.
Seems it works for removing duct tape.
Now I have to go look up duct tape.

Now we know you're joking.

A roll of that wire they use to tie re-bar is actually better than
WD40 or duct tape.

Too exotic for me. Coat hangers work fine.

No, those are for welding wire.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11-30-2012 10:02, croy wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 07:20:18 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

And where does all this WD-40 ultimately end up? Like all
the other chemical stuff we manufacture, buy, and use--it
ends up in the air and water.

And from there it goes into the fish, which can be caught and made into
more WD-40.

--
Wes Groleau

A UNIX signature isn't a return address, it's the ASCII equivalent
of a black velvet clown painting. It's a rectangle of carets
surrounding a quote from a literary giant of weeniedom like
Heinlein or Dr. Who.
€” Chris Maeda
Ha, ha, Dr. ..... Who's Chris Maeda?
€” Wes Groleau

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:13:00 -0800, "Bob F" wrote:

Somehow, he just loves annoying everyone else in the discussions by his
deliberate top-posting. Funny way to promote your position (and religion). But
maybe that's just the way mormons are.

What do you expect from a brainwashed cult member. None of them have
more than two brain cells. The best solution is to kill-file the moron.
The idiot posts about 200 times a day anyhow, and none of what he says
is worth reading. Mormons are just morons with an added "m".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 19:56:55 -0500, Dan Espen
wrote:

Never owned a can of WD40...

--
Dan Espen

PB Blaster is far better stuff.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"George" wrote in message
stuff snipped

I doubt that. And it doesn't matter to me at all. What does matter is
that he continues with the top posting even though he has been politely
reminded dozens of times. So he is intentionally conveying a bad image
of Mormons.

They don't need much help from him. (-:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grattan_massacre

On August 17, a cow belonging to a Mormon traveling on the nearby Oregon
Trail strayed and was killed by a visiting Miniconjou named High Forehead.
Lt. Hugh Fleming, the senior officer of the small garrison, consulted with
the chief, Conquering Bear, to discuss the loss of livestock. Lt. Fleming
was evidently unaware, or chose to ignore, that such matters were, by the
terms of the Treaty of 1851, to be handled by the local Indian Agent, in
this case John Whitfield, who was due to arrive within days with annuities
with which restitution could be made. Aware that the matter did not really
concern the military, Conquering Bear attempted to negotiate, offering a
horse from his personal herd or a cow from the tribe's herd. The cow's owner
persisted in demanding $25 instead.. . .Historians such as Griske believe
the following nearly quarter-century of intermittent warfare on the Great
Plains was triggered by the Grattan massacre.

And so a stubborn Mormon who refused to deal fairly for a cow *he* let stray
started the famous Sioux Indian War that cost the lives of thousands of
Indians, soldiers and settlers. It seems stubborness and a refusal to care
about what's best for the common good seem to be time-honored Mormon traits.
It's a good thing Stormie doesn't have a cow, dude.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
"Robert Green" writes:

stuff snipped

Thank you for lighting a candle instead of cursing the darkness. But

don't
you think you're being a little hard on the Beaver? Perhaps

"differently
abled" would be kinder than "idiotic."

Hugh Beaumont, I'm not.

I was struggling to remember that name. All I came up with was Eldritch
Cleaver who would have made "Leave It To Beaver" a *very* different show.
Now that I see Hugh's name I remembered it was Ward Cleaver. Stormie's more
like Eddy Haskell, the guy you loved to hate or Lumpy.

Differently abled would apply up to the 10,000th time he was asked to
stop. Now the only accurate diagnosis is idiocy. Belligerent idiocy.

In reality it's two things. Pathetic loneliness is one. No one with
reasonable social engagements with real human beings could afford to spend
the amount of time he does, answering every post with a comment, even if
it's totally irrelevant and inaccurate. That's a sure sign that the real
world for him is a very empty place and that's why I said you might be going
a little hard on the Beaver. (-:

You'd think if he doesn't want to be part of the conversation, he'd just
go away.

This is it for him. It's apparent from what he posts that he wants to BE
the conversation. I believe that's because he's increasingly isolated,
intensely paranoid (Birtherism) and "fighting way above his weight" when it
comes to complex topics like politics, economics and Constitutional law. In
Should anyone follow the recommendations of someone who's done so poorly for
himself that as an adult male, he can't scrape together $20 to send a
monetary contribution to the victims of Sandy? I look for a higher level of
success in my financial advisors.

Instead he hangs around exposing his Moronism.

He does seem to be the only poster here to top post and to push his religion
on people. Which, in turn, makes him vulnerable to being called socially
maladroit and a "God botherer." The only sure weapon against bad ideas is
better ideas."-Alfred Whitney Griswold, Essays on Education.

I've been finding out some interesting stuff about Mormons. They certainly
have a colorful and more than slightly murderous history. That reminds me
of another similarity between Muslims and Mormons. This Mormon is a
terrorist bomber:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Hofmann

Mark William Hofmann (born December 7, 1954) is an American counterfeiter,
forger and convicted murderer. Hofmann was reared in The Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) by two devoutly religious parents.
Hofmann was a below-average high school student . . . he constructed bombs
to murder two people in Salt Lake City, Utah. He is serving a life sentence
at the Utah State Prison in Draper since 1988.

Stormie must have been a below average student, too, based on some of the
more outrageous stuff he's written here.

Why, yes, it appears I did get up on the wrong side of the bed this
morning.

Switch to a round bed. (-:

It's understandable. For some odd reason Stormie thinks that every thought
he has during one of his apparently mostly work-free days is of interest to
every reader of AHR. Sadly that indicates a strongly egocentric trait that
could indicate a borderline personality disorder. Plus, it's a lot of
absolute codswallop to have to swim through every day.

Top posted "Burma Shave" messages that make no sense because of their
misordering make a perfect example of why he gets so many people peeved. He
yaks on and on about liberals forcing things on other people when it's clear
he's the one forcing himself on disinterested people in AHR almost every day
of the year. "A man will accuse others of what he is most guilty of
himself."

It's ironic that the people who are apparently the least successful in life
feel the most qualified to tell everyone else how to live theirs.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 2 Dec 2012 13:52:00 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
"Robert Green" writes:

stuff snipped

[...]

Be careful G or he will plonk you! I told him once to stop wearing
his religion on his sleeve and got plonked. In kind regards, I
returned the favor. I've asked him to "please" stop top posting. He
needs to get a date and enjoy some pussy.

I see now he replies to some of my postings. How I got out of his
killfile I'll never know.

Same with harry... and the other two nym-shiftin' trolls here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

I have some dried Gorilla Tape glue on my truck that was holding on some
cardboard over the hole where the window used to be. Don't ask.

Anyone know if WD will take that off?

Don't want to screw up paint if someone already knows.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12-02-2012 08:21, Robert Green wrote:
And so a stubborn Mormon who refused to deal fairly for a cow*he* let stray
started the famous Sioux Indian War that cost the lives of thousands of
Indians, soldiers and settlers. It seems stubborness and a refusal to care
about what's best for the common good seem to be time-honored Mormon traits.
It's a good thing Stormie doesn't have a cow, dude.

Is it possible that we could blame this disaster on the fact that the
Lieutenant had a military mentality? Or that he was just plain insane?

I think Mormon doctrines are bogus, but saying that the actions of of
one lunatic illustrates all Mormons is not very reasonable.

--
Wes Groleau

Stereotyping, ger.€”Using two hands on the keyboard.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/2/2012 3:02 PM, Steve B wrote:
"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
From the Reader's Digest
http://tiny.cc/cl8kow

I have some dried Gorilla Tape glue on my truck that was holding on some
cardboard over the hole where the window used to be. Don't ask.

Anyone know if WD will take that off?

Don't want to screw up paint if someone already knows.

Steve

I'd try goop off or goo gone. I don't know about wd-40. I doubt it would
hurt though. WD-40 has a pretty good FAQ on their site.

http://www.wd40.com/uses-tips/

Some say it removes glue (and paint).
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm guessing, yes. Should be fine. That, or kerosene and a bit of towels.

The other day, I used WD, sprayed into the door. The latch mechanism for my
Blazer door was getting sluggish, and it was hard to open with a key.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..