Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Werner S2210 ladder replacement

We have a Werner S2210 attic ladder bought and installed about eight
years ago. Ours has not broken yet, but I see that there are many
complaints of broken hinges resulting in falls, injuries and lawsuits.
(I have read that this particular model was produced originally by a
company that Werner bought.)

Some have reported that when they complained to the manufacturer they
were offered a $100 gift card with which to buy a replacement.

Does anyone know of cases where Werner has offered "preemptive" gift
cards to owners whose ladders have not yet broken, to fend off possible
further lawsuits? I don't want to break a hinge deliberately or claim
falsely that a hinge has broken, but I'm not crazy about the idea of
continuing to climb it.

Perce

step ladder replacement feet [email protected] UK diy 4 August 23rd 11 10:43 PM
Ladders - Werner, Little Giant, Gorilla Steve Home Repair 11 October 23rd 05 02:17 AM
Werner ladder length DJA Home Repair 4 October 12th 05 05:05 PM
Wooden Ladder Rung Replacement? John Gregory Home Repair 8 April 26th 05 02:28 PM
Ladders Little Giant or Werner Steve R Woodworking 9 June 13th 04 12:18 AM