Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Petraeus

Jim Elbrecht wrote the following on 11/13/2012 8:28 AM (ET):
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 15:36:33 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 18:27:02 -0500, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 17:18:02 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message

stuff snipped

My view is, if some event doesn't have anything proper to do with the
election - but could influence the result - is properly delayed until
after
the votes are counted. Absent some compelling reason to the contrary, of
course.
Who are you and what did you do to the real HeyBub? (-:
Ya think?g I was wondering if it was a sign of the apocalypse that
Heybub and I agreed on something.

Jim

Both of you were Marines, right? Unless I'm wrong on that.

I was-- Heybub always struck me as more of a sailor.BEG

Jim

Hey, Hey!
Without us Sailors, you Marines wouldn't be able to go anywhere. :-)

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
willshak wrote:

Hey, Hey!
Without us Sailors, you Marines wouldn't be able to go anywhere. :-)

A person I went to nursing school with was a retired Navy medic who had
served with Marine units. He was fond of reminding Marines that when it
came to breaking things up and killing people they were the best in the
world. HOwever, when it came to doing that required more finesse (such
as, in his words, keeping their skinny little butts alive), they relied
on the Navy.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

willshak wrote:

Jim Elbrecht wrote the following on 11/13/2012 8:28 AM (ET):
On Mon, 12 Nov 2012 15:36:33 -0800, Oren wrote:

-snip-
Both of you were Marines, right? Unless I'm wrong on that.

I was-- Heybub always struck me as more of a sailor.BEG

Jim

Hey, Hey!
Without us Sailors, you Marines wouldn't be able to go anywhere. :-)

Thank god I never was on a ship. Closest I got was delivering
nukes to an aircraft carrier in Norfolk. Driver and I drive out on
this pier where the carrier is supposed to be. We see a sailor
standing next to this big gray warehouse and ask him for directions to
the carrier-- He points to the 'warehouse' behind him. I wonder
if he was as amused by the exchange as we were, in retrospect.g

I *do* thank the Navy for the Corpsmen, and to a lesser extent all the
Drs and Chaplains, though.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 12:32:23 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
willshak wrote:

Hey, Hey!
Without us Sailors, you Marines wouldn't be able to go anywhere. :-)

A person I went to nursing school with was a retired Navy medic who had
served with Marine units. He was fond of reminding Marines that when it
came to breaking things up and killing people they were the best in the
world. HOwever, when it came to doing that required more finesse (such
as, in his words, keeping their skinny little butts alive), they relied
on the Navy.

The corpsmen in VN were the most revered guys in the unit. They were
part Dr, part Mom, and part God.

Ours had joined the Navy to 'avoid the draft'. When he saw the
opportunity to go to Corpsman school he jumped at it. He didn't
realize until after graduation that Corpsmen took care of Marines. He
carried a 45 that was a perfect brick of rust. He wasn't sure if
there was a round in the chamber because he couldn't open the slide-
or take the safety off. he called it his 'Quaker sidearm'.

God bless you Doc Witt, wherever you are.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 12:15:35 -0500, willshak
wrote:

I was-- Heybub always struck me as more of a sailor.BEG

Jim

Hey, Hey!
Without us Sailors, you Marines wouldn't be able to go anywhere. :-)

I joke with Marines that their pay check is signed by the Secretary of
the Navy :-\

Go Army!