Posted to alt.home.repair

Default type of sander

Need to refinish 300 sq foot deck. Takes too much time with my palm
sander. Should I get belt or rotary sander?
Frank
middle GA
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank Thompson wrote:
Need to refinish 300 sq foot deck. Takes too much time with my palm
sander. Should I get belt or rotary sander?
Frank
middle GA

If you've never used them you could turn your deck to hash. Rent a plate
sander from Home Depot...they look and act like a gigantic palm sander.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

Frank Thompson wrote:
Need to refinish 300 sq foot deck. Takes too much time with my palm
sander. Should I get belt or rotary sander?
Frank
middle GA

If you've never used them you could turn your deck to hash. Rent a plate
sander from Home Depot...they look and act like a gigantic palm sander.

What do you do about the screws that stick up above the surface of the
wood, and whose heads are full of paint?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 2, 9:11*am, "dadiOH" wrote:
Frank Thompson wrote:
Need to refinish 300 sq foot deck. *Takes too much time with my palm
sander. *Should I get *belt or rotary sander?
Frank
middle GA

If you've never used them you could turn your deck to hash. *Rent a plate
sander from Home Depot...they look and act like a gigantic palm sander.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Winters getting colder? *Tired of the rat race?
Maybe just ready for a change? *Check it out...http://www.floridaloghouse.net

While renting sounds like a good idea, you might look for a commercial
rental outlet as opposed to Home Depot, e.g. Taylor Rental.

http://www.taylorrental.com/home_page.asp

They may have more options than Home Depot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

Frank Thompson wrote:
Need to refinish 300 sq foot deck. Takes too much time with my palm
sander. Should I get belt or rotary sander?
Frank
middle GA

If you've never used them you could turn your deck to hash. Rent a
plate sander from Home Depot...they look and act like a gigantic
palm sander.

What do you do about the screws that stick up above the surface of the
wood, and whose heads are full of paint?

The same thing you'd do with any type of sander...sand regardless or set
them lower. (BTW, screws can be hammered

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
In article , "dadiOH"
wrote:

Frank Thompson wrote:
Need to refinish 300 sq foot deck. Takes too much time with my palm
sander. Should I get belt or rotary sander?
Frank
middle GA

If you've never used them you could turn your deck to hash. Rent a
plate sander from Home Depot...they look and act like a gigantic
palm sander.

What do you do about the screws that stick up above the surface of the
wood, and whose heads are full of paint?

The same thing you'd do with any type of sander...sand regardless or set
them lower. (BTW, screws can be hammered

Why is it that with every damn job, it's the preparation that takes the
longest? OK, maybe mowing the lawn is an exception. The decks I put in
where I live were never painted. It's wood. But at the good house where
she lives, the painted decks are starting to peel, and damn if there
aren't about 1000 screw heads sitting proud of the surface, and either
painted or buggered up, at that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 2, 11:28*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

What kind of wood?