Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Canada to disappear shortly!

That is if these mad frogs in Quebec get their way.

Homeguy to emigrate to USA.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 6, 2:48*am, harry wrote:
That is if these mad frogs in Quebec get their way.

Homeguy to emigrate to USA.

actually a consolidation of most of canada with the USA and mexico
could make the entire region better.

by cutting costs no need for 2 presidents etc.........
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

That is if these mad frogs in Quebec get their way.

The mad frogs have been getting their way for too long.

TROC (The Rest of Canada) would be far better off if those damn frogs
cut themselves loose and paid the costs of repatriating all federal
institutions and property in the process.

Homeguy to emigrate to USA.

I know you mean that as a joke, because life in the USA is a joke, and
has been since 9/11.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/6/2012 8:18 AM, Domestic Dude wrote:
harry wrote:

That is if these mad frogs in Quebec get their way.

The mad frogs have been getting their way for too long.

TROC (The Rest of Canada) would be far better off if those damn frogs
cut themselves loose and paid the costs of repatriating all federal
institutions and property in the process.

Homeguy to emigrate to USA.

I know you mean that as a joke, because life in the USA is a joke, and
has been since 9/11.

Good. You stay there.
And, how come you obsess on US?
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:
On Sep 6, 2:48 am, harry wrote:
That is if these mad frogs in Quebec get their way.

Homeguy to emigrate to USA.

actually a consolidation of most of canada with the USA and mexico
could make the entire region better.

by cutting costs no need for 2 presidents etc.........

Not sure if Canada wants another 52 provinces......

--
PV

"If Inflammable means more flammable, then what does incompetent mean?'

Senior Member

What Americans should understand about Canadian history is that in order to piece this country together, our founding fathers told the people of Quebec one thing, and told the rest of Canada something else.

They told Quebec that there would be a government in Quebec City that would govern Quebec, and another government in Ottawa that would govern English speaking Canada (or, for the most part, the rest of Canada). But, they told the rest of Canada that the Government in Ottawa would govern the whole country, except for some stuff that was specific to Quebec that Quebec would look after on their own, like language issues within Quebec, immigration into Quebec from outside the country, and minor stuff like that.

That is, Canada was put together with a "let's just get this done, and we'll hammer out the problems later" frame of mind, and we've been hammering out those problems ever since.

Last edited by nestork : September 8th 12 at 12:01 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

nestork wrote:

That is, Canada was put together with a "let's just get this done,
and we'll hammer out the problems later" frame of mind, and we've
been hammering out those problems ever since.

It has been said that Canada is a country that works in practice - but
not in theory.
Posted to alt.home.repair

nestork wrote:

That is, Canada was put together with a "let's just get this done, and
we'll hammer out the problems later" frame of mind, and we've been
hammering out those problems ever since.

Hmm. Sounds like "We have to pass this bill to find out what's in it."

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

nestork wrote:

That is, Canada was put together with a "let's just get this done, and
we'll hammer out the problems later" frame of mind, and we've been
hammering out those problems ever since.

Hmm. Sounds like "We have to pass this bill to find out what's in it."

Sounds like the Constitution of the US. Immediately 10 or so Amendments,
followed over the years with more adjustments, counteradjustments, opinions
and rebuttals. Darwin WAS right ...

And I sometimes just like to argue grin.

--
Best regards
Han