Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default horizontal ceiling fan?

I bought a 20" Lasco box fan because the store said it would move 2500
cfm for 80W. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
According to my measurements, it moves about 1000 cfm for 91W.

Bigger fans move more air more efficiently. I don't know why there
don't seem to be inexpensive box fans bigger than 20".

The 30" Westinghouse 78108 ceiling fan is supposed to move 3900 cfm for
45W. It weighs 11 pounds and costs less than $50.

If I built a stand, could it be used to blow air out a window? Would
the motor bearings handle it? Would I need to build a wire cage?

Is there a better alternative?