Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What Paul Ryan's Budget Plan Would Mean for an Average Family

On Aug 19, 12:42*pm, mike wrote:
On 8/19/2012 4:45 AM, HeyBub wrote:

mike wrote:
On 8/18/2012 4:35 AM, HeyBub wrote:

It doesn't matter who's plan we implement. *DO SOMETHING.
Given the plan, any plan, it's all about the implementation.
You prepare the system by stopping all unnecessary spending...like
for WAR!!!

WHAT? No more wars?!

Our military folk are volunteers and members of our warrior class. Only the
hard. Only the strong. For our lands. For our families. For our freedom..
Citizen soldiers, freed slaves, free Greeks all. Brothers. Fathers. Sons.
For honor's sake. For duty's sake. For glory's sake.

For the opportunity to kill people and blow things up.

Tell me, which had you rather have: Those people on the loose stateside or
****ing up some place far away?

It ain't either-or.

They don't stay "there". *They come home.
They come home disillusioned, conditioned to do unspeakable things to other
human beings,

That's a nice slander directed at our veterans.
Following that logic, there should have been an
enormous crime spree following WWII, Vietnam,
etc. Enough said....

abandoned by their government, unemployed and armed.

I say having our Vets armed is a mighty fine idea.
If they are unemployed, it's caused for the most
part by the poor economy, not the war. And how
about all the skills learned in the military, ie pilots,
medics, mechanics.... Would seem that would be
a big plus in getting a job.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Postwar Crime Spree by the Military

wrote

That's a nice slander directed at our veterans.
Following that logic, there should have been an
enormous crime spree following WWII, Vietnam,
etc. Enough said....

Actually, there WAS AN ENORMOUS CRIME SPREE in San Francisco after World War
II ended. Remember that SF was the major port for the Pacific theater
during WWII. When the war ended and sailors and army folks came back to SF
they rioted and looted for 3 days!

Here's a video showing the celebrations and then the looting about 3 minutes
into the video:
http://archive.org/details/tmp_38822

From the SF Chronicle, "The story of the city's deadliest riot has largely
been forgotten:
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...he-2647870.php

To quote:
"Today is the 60th anniversary of a terrible day in San Francisco's
history -- a victory riot that left 11 dead, 1,000 injured and the city's
reputation besmirched.

"It was the deadliest riot in the city's history," said Kevin Mullen, a
retired deputy chief of police who has written extensively about crime in
San Francisco.

The riot, which followed the Japanese surrender announcement by a day, was
mostly confined to downtown San Francisco and involved thousands of drunken
soldiers and sailors, most of them teenagers, who smashed store windows,
attacked women, halted all traffic, wrecked Muni streetcars -- 30 of them
were disabled, and one Muni worker was killed. The rioters took over Market
Street and refused to leave until military and civilian police drove them
away long after nightfall following hours of chaos.

"A looting, smashing crowd is tearing up Market Street tonight," Chronicle
reporter Stanton Delaplane wrote at 8 o'clock that Wednesday night. "...
this crowd is out of hand. You couldn't stop it if you tried, not short of
tear gas and fire hoses."

Read mo
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...#ixzz24H1GEbjx

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 22, 7:28*am, "David Kaye" wrote:
wrote

That's a nice slander directed at our veterans.
Following that logic, there should have been an
enormous crime spree following WWII, Vietnam,
etc. * Enough said....

Actually, there WAS AN ENORMOUS CRIME SPREE in San Francisco after World War
II ended. *Remember that SF was the major port for the Pacific theater
during WWII. *When the war ended and sailors and army folks came back to SF
they rioted and looted for 3 days!

Here's a video showing the celebrations and then the looting about 3 minutes
into the video:http://archive.org/details/tmp_38822

From the SF Chronicle, "The story of the city's deadliest riot has largely
been forgotten:http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...-dark-side-of-...

[...]

Read mohttp://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...-dark-side-of-...

BFD. One riot the day the war ended by a bunch
of drunks is hardly the crime wave that the poster is
lamenting about.
poster is claiming.