Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 20 + 40 / 2 =30?

Can one mix a quart of SAE 40 weight oil with a quartt of SAE 20 and
get SAE 30?

Why you might ask, do I just not buy a quart of 30? The problem is
that I need some 40 and don't know what to do with what is left over.
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky,

No

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 16, 1:01*pm, "Dave M." wrote:
micky,

* *No

Dave M.

Probably not going to get exactly the 30W
equivalent. But depending on what you're going
to use the 30W for, it might be OK. If I didn't
have 30W handy and it was just going
in a $100 lawn mower, I know what I would do.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 8/16/2012 11:42 AM, micky wrote:

20 + 40 / 2 =30?

No.

(20 + 40) / 2 =30

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

correct +1 take a gold star.

--
Steve Barker

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 19:27:02 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 8/16/2012 11:42 AM, micky wrote:

20 + 40 / 2 =30?

No.

(20 + 40) / 2 =30