Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, When I Was A Kid

When I was a kid we little vermin, scourge of the neighborhood, would
attach playing cards to our bicycles to flap against the spokes making
an obnoxious racket. Well, technology has now improved how kids can be
obnoxious. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
When I was a kid we little vermin, scourge of the neighborhood, would
attach playing cards to our bicycles to flap against the spokes making
an obnoxious racket. Well, technology has now improved how kids can be
obnoxious. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

When I was a kid (around 8) worked as a ramp rat for my a fixed base
company. My pay was duel time in a J-3 Cub. (I had long legs so I could
just reach the rudder petals)

to my mind it WAS a P51!

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
When I was a kid we little vermin, scourge of the neighborhood, would
attach playing cards to our bicycles to flap against the spokes making
an obnoxious racket. Well, technology has now improved how kids can be
obnoxious. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

TDD

Dude! That is so cool!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
When I was a kid we little vermin, scourge of the neighborhood, would
attach playing cards to our bicycles to flap against the spokes making
an obnoxious racket. Well, technology has now improved how kids can be
obnoxious. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

TDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC0dK42wOOA

Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
When I was a kid we little vermin, scourge of the neighborhood, would
attach playing cards to our bicycles to flap against the spokes making
an obnoxious racket. Well, technology has now improved how kids can be
obnoxious. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

TDD

Buy the time they grow up there will be no ICE, so a pointless toy.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

"Rick" wrote in
:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...
When I was a kid we little vermin, scourge of the neighborhood, would
attach playing cards to our bicycles to flap against the spokes
making an obnoxious racket. Well, technology has now improved how
kids can be obnoxious. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

TDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC0dK42wOOA

Excellent!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

When I was a kid we little vermin, scourge of the neighborhood, would
attach playing cards to our bicycles to flap against the spokes making
an obnoxious racket. Well, technology has now improved how kids can be
obnoxious. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

TDD

I can understand an 8 year old wanting to do that but I will never get
the apparently permanent 8 year olds with modified mufflers on their
motorcycles.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/12/2012 2:39 AM, FlavorFlav wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

The difference is that we actually had to DO something such as carefully
aligning the cards,etc. Now some stupid machine does it for them. Kinda
takes all the fun out of it all.

It is similar to the "other 8 year olds" who take their motorcycle to a
shop to have the muffler modified.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 23:18:35 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

When I was a kid we little vermin, scourge of the neighborhood, would
attach playing cards to our bicycles to flap against the spokes making
an obnoxious racket. Well, technology has now improved how kids can be
obnoxious. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

TDD

Nice to know we can replace imagination with money.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
When I was a kid we little vermin, scourge of the neighborhood, would
attach playing cards to our bicycles to flap against the spokes making
an obnoxious racket. Well, technology has now improved how kids can be
obnoxious. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

TDD

Sounds about right. They saved all the good stuff for the kids of today.
The ones who don't appreciate anything, and who would want it installed by
someone before they would try it out. We made fun out of nothing, and
today, it's $49.95

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/11/2012 11:37 PM, Rick wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
When I was a kid we little vermin, scourge of the neighborhood, would
attach playing cards to our bicycles to flap against the spokes making
an obnoxious racket. Well, technology has now improved how kids can be
obnoxious. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

TDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC0dK42wOOA

The Mattel toy uses batteries, the Turbospoke uses kid power, a kid's
batteries rarely run down. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

When I was a kid we little vermin, scourge of the neighborhood, would
attach playing cards to our bicycles to flap against the spokes making
an obnoxious racket. Well, technology has now improved how kids can be
obnoxious. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

TDD

Nice to know we can replace imagination with money.

There are kids making their own out of plastic soft drink bottles which
is probably where the idea for the toy came from. It's The American way,
you come up with an idea or improvements which lead to a product that
other folks will pay you for. Some kid will see the toy and decide he
can make his own or a better one. Big kids like their obnoxious toys
too! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W5mUVyh4l0

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/12/2012 9:11 AM, Steve B wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
When I was a kid we little vermin, scourge of the neighborhood, would
attach playing cards to our bicycles to flap against the spokes making
an obnoxious racket. Well, technology has now improved how kids can be
obnoxious. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

TDD

Sounds about right. They saved all the good stuff for the kids of today.
The ones who don't appreciate anything, and who would want it installed by
someone before they would try it out. We made fun out of nothing, and
today, it's $49.95

Steve

I'm sure there are kids out there who are like I was when I was a
youngster. I would see something like that and figure out how it works
then build my own. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 07:11:00 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
When I was a kid we little vermin, scourge of the neighborhood, would
attach playing cards to our bicycles to flap against the spokes making
an obnoxious racket. Well, technology has now improved how kids can be
obnoxious. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

TDD

Sounds about right. They saved all the good stuff for the kids of today.
The ones who don't appreciate anything, and who would want it installed by
someone before they would try it out. We made fun out of nothing, and
today, it's $49.95

Steve

Isn't $49.95 today about equal to nothing back then?????
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 8/11/2012 11:37 PM, Rick wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
When I was a kid we little vermin, scourge of the neighborhood, would
attach playing cards to our bicycles to flap against the spokes making
an obnoxious racket. Well, technology has now improved how kids can be
obnoxious. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

TDD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC0dK42wOOA

The Mattel toy uses batteries, the Turbospoke uses kid power, a kid's
batteries rarely run down. ^_^

TDD

Seems like someone will make an app for the iPhone

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12 Aug 2012 06:39:32 GMT, FlavorFlav
wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

The difference is that we actually had to DO something such as carefully
aligning the cards,etc. Now some stupid machine does it for them. Kinda
takes all the fun out of it all.

If you're so much smarter than 'kids today' -- why don't you take a
turn at a computer terminal or video game with them?g

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

When I was a kid

.......................the Grand Canyon was 20 feet deep.

Now when I was a kid it was at least 50 feet deep.
TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/12/2012 9:08 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

When I was a kid

......................the Grand Canyon was 20 feet deep.

Now when I was a kid it was at least 50 feet deep.

How deep were the male bovine droppings? ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 03:57:40 +0000, FlavorFlav wrote:

Jim Elbrecht wrote in
:

On 12 Aug 2012 06:39:32 GMT, FlavorFlav
wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

The difference is that we actually had to DO something such as
carefully aligning the cards,etc. Now some stupid machine does it for
them. Kinda takes all the fun out of it all.

If you're so much smarter than 'kids today' -- why don't you take a
turn at a computer terminal or video game with them?g

Who are you responding to? I never wrote I was smarter than kids today.
It's something you made up.

I think that the majority of video games are more about reaction time
that intelligence, anyway; sure, there's some "do this and this might/
will happen" logic in some of them, but that's about the extent of it.

(And talking of computer terminals, I really wish I still had my old DEC
VT220 - RS232 of course, just to tie in with that thread too :-)

cheers

Jules
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

When I was a kid we little vermin, scourge of the neighborhood, would
attach playing cards to our bicycles to flap against the spokes making
an obnoxious racket. Well, technology has now improved how kids can be
obnoxious. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

TDD

Nice to know we can replace imagination with money.

Ain't that the truth... and nice to know we can replace
common sense with ______ too. I think you get my drift.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

When I was a kid we little vermin, scourge of the neighborhood, would
attach playing cards to our bicycles to flap against the spokes making
an obnoxious racket. Well, technology has now improved how kids can be
obnoxious. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDafMzo4HO8

TDD

Nice to know we can replace imagination with money.

Ain't that the truth... and nice to know we can replace
common sense with ______ too. I think you get my drift.

Someone replaced your common sense with nothing, that's for sure!