Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Zoning vs. "Art"

Aftere four years in the Hamptons:

"In April, though, the Sag Harbor Village Zoning Board of Appeals denied
Lehr and Vered the variances necessary to make their installation legal,
ordering them to take the sculpture down by Sept. 15. Now, Lehr and Vered
are suing to keep it up. According to them and their supporters, the fight
is not just about a property dispute but the latest battle in the age-old
war of art’s place in the public eye. “Six hundred and fifty people have
signed a petition to keep the sculpture up,” Vered says."

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...ons-up-in-arms

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 16:05:39 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Aftere four years in the Hamptons:

"In April, though, the Sag Harbor Village Zoning Board of Appeals
denied Lehr and Vered the variances necessary to make their
installation legal, ordering them to take the sculpture down by
Sept. 15. Now, Lehr and Vered are suing to keep it up. According to
them and their supporters, the fight is not just about a property
dispute but the latest battle in the age-old war of art's place in
the public eye. "Six hundred and fifty people have signed a petition
to keep the sculpture up," Vered says."

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...ons-up-in-arms

I found an old mannequin in a dumpster and I stuffed a mail box in the
torso, then mounted it "bent over" in the legs but my wife wouldn't
let me put it up.

Heh! Driving down a fairly busy street on garbage pick-up day, I saw what
turned out to be mannequin legs sticking out of a refuse can. Without
thinking, I turned to the wife and said: "Look, somebody threw away a
perfectly good woman!"

The wife hit me.

All the rest of the way home I mentally computed the diameters of both the
wife and our garbage can...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/7/2012 5:00 PM, HeyBub wrote:

perfectly good woman!