Posted to alt.home.repair

Default eye glasses hinges

"Doug" wrote in message

I know there are places to do this but I want to try. I want to try
to tighten the hinges on several eye glasses. I have the mini screw
drivers which appear to fit the screws but the screws seem to be very
tight already even tho the stem swings back and forth easily. Is
there something maybe I can squirt in or on the screws that will make
the swing action less loose (the opposite of lubricating) ? Of course
I don't mean I want to use glue but something to cause more friction.

The OP omits whether the screw and socket are metal to metal
(which an adhesive might grip more firmly) or metal to plastic
(where a solvent might grip better.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

OT Eye Glasses Metspitzer Home Repair 39 August 28th 11 06:54 AM
@#$%^&* glasses J. Clarke[_2_] Woodworking 54 January 5th 11 02:21 AM
Eye glasses Frank[_5_] Home Repair 4 February 13th 08 01:31 AM
safety glasses Paul Oman Home Repair 11 September 5th 06 07:19 AM