Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Flushmate Recall

Don't know if this was mentioned here in the past.

http://flushmate.com/recall/pdf/recall-announcement.pdf

I just heard about it recently and my wife's mother's house has one of
these devices. It took about four days to receive the repair kit, and
about five minutes to install it.

The pressure tank can break at the plastic seam causing the tank lid to
blow off the toilet and break when it comes down. Over 300 have broken,
and there have been injuries from the breaking porcelain.

The repair kit is a stainless steel band that goes around the pressure
unit, and a flow-restrictor for the supply line.

Sloan Flushmate joevan Home Repair 36 September 14th 12 06:07 PM
Big STIHL recall willshak Home Repair 8 May 28th 11 02:09 PM
SLOAN Flushmate Urine Mist Tube Audio[_2_] Home Repair 11 August 6th 08 11:39 PM
Recall Tom O'Connor Woodworking 0 December 21st 06 09:10 PM
Flushmate toilet fix BigK Home Repair 0 March 18th 05 10:44 PM