Junior Member

Default Velux GGL-8 window

I am trying to figure out how to increase the friction on the hinge of the window so they stay open. I open them about 90degrees then gently let them back down.. I have one that will remain open about 18 inches and the other closes down to 6 inches.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 8 Jul 2012 15:46:53 +0000, GMKIWI
wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to increase the friction on the hinge of
the window so they stay open. I open them about 90degrees then gently
let them back down.. I have one that will remain open about 18 inches
and the other closes down to 6 inches.

May be worn hardware at the pivot point or it may be operator handle
gears. Don't really know from here on Usenet.

Something is allowing it to close.... "hardware worn out".

Try the UK DIY group. harry can help you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

--
GMKIWI

Many hinges have an adjustable friction device.
Check to see if there is a screw on the sliding part of the hinge that
can be tightened to increase the friction.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Remount the window so that bottom sticks out some or top
sticks in some or both you solve the problem!!!

"GMKIWI" wrote in message ...

I am trying to figure out how to increase the friction on the hinge of
the window so they stay open. I open them about 90degrees then gently
let them back down.. I have one that will remain open about 18 inches
and the other closes down to 6 inches.

--
GMKIWI

Fitting Electronic kit on Velux window boyesey UK diy 1 August 5th 06 09:54 AM
Replacing Velux Window Andrew UK diy 5 August 18th 05 09:02 AM
Velux window Rich UK diy 2 July 22nd 05 07:17 PM
Adjusting a Velux window - Help. Tony UK diy 3 June 3rd 04 11:23 PM
problem with velux window BigWallop UK diy 1 July 23rd 03 08:20 PM