Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Reducing Dead Animal Smell

A squirrel made its way through an opening to the attic, then down the
interior of a wall in our master bedroom. We have since had an exterminator
company seal off the opening, but the squirrel died inside the wall a few
days ago, and now the room smells.

Short of tearing open the wall to remove the dead squirrel, is there
something that can be done to reduce the smell? We have put baking soda on
the carpet along the base of the wall, put out some solid air fresheners,
and spray, but no significant improvement.

This did happen once before a couple of years ago, and after several weeks
the smell completely dissipated. I'd rather not have to wait that long this
time, but might have to, unless some temporary solution exists, again short
of opening the wall.

Sickening sweet smell in basement. Dead mouse???? Dirk Puslich Home Repair 21 December 31st 13 07:40 PM
OT - My Favorite Animal RAM³ Metalworking 8 June 5th 10 06:07 PM
Animal Control Trapper Ron Home Repair 0 April 18th 07 04:37 PM
Need help with my SONY KV-27V22 TV please (burning smell after turned off and TV now dead) [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 November 10th 06 02:04 AM
300W PC power supply, no POST beep, smell, smoke, bang,dead N Cook Electronics Repair 7 August 18th 05 01:33 AM