Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power Strip Installation - Mounting Screw Alignment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b44yF7lkzU
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/27/2012 3:48 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b44yF7lkzU

I've taught folks how to do that for years but I rub the pencil lead on
my finger then rub my finger over the paper to make an impression of the
openings. It comes in very handy when mounting Cisco routers on
backboards since the mounting holes are asymmetrical. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 16:48:13 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b44yF7lkzU

Another solution is to buy powerstrips with symmetrical slots.
Every one I ever put up had symmetrical slots, so just measuring
center to center with a tape worked fine.
But it's a good idea. I cut a lot of gaskets for flanges using a ball
peen hammer on gasket material laid on the gasket.
Probably wouldn't have thought of this.
Would have used a tape.

--
Vic
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b44yF7lkzU

In the age of technology, the best solution would be to put a QR code
on the box so you can print a template.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b44yF7lkzU

In the age of technology, the best solution would be to put a QR code
on the box so you can print a template.

....assuming the printing technology is present at the time and place
you want to mount the strip or that you thought to print out the
template before leaving for the job site.

Seems to me that you can always find a piece of paper and a writing
implement.

KISS

Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b44yF7lkzU

I prefer to keep some keyhole markers handy

http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware...=3,40914,50426

--
PV

"If Inflammable means more flammable, then what does incompetent mean?'

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 27, 8:29*pm, "PV" edrnouser@ spam telus.net wrote:
Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b44yF7lkzU

I prefer to keep some keyhole markers handy

http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware...=3,40914,50426

I like those. Have to order some..

PV

"If Inflammable means more flammable, then what does incompetent mean?'

Inflammable *doesn't* mean "more flammable", it simply means
"flammable".

Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b44yF7lkzU

I prefer to keep some keyhole markers handy

http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware...=3,40914,50426

I like those. Have to order some..

PV

"If Inflammable means more flammable, then what does incompetent
mean?'

Inflammable *doesn't* mean "more flammable", it simply means
"flammable".

(I know, but can't draw a picture of "tongue-in-cheek" to go with it)

--
PV

"If Inflammable means more flammable, then what does incompetent mean?'

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 18:29:17 -0600, "PV" edrnouser@ spam telus.net
wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b44yF7lkzU

I prefer to keep some keyhole markers handy

http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware...=3,40914,50426

I've been a Lee Valley customer for years and never saw them. They
will be on my next order.