Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Questions About Home Cleaning Prices

1) Some rooms need weekly cleaning while others only occasionally. Do you
need to tell them before they arrive which cleaning is required, or can you
tell them when they arrive, and then simply pay the hourly rate?

2) Is cleaning ususally done by one person, or a team of two or more?

3) Rough approximation of the cost?

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Don't smoke; eat well; exercise; die anyway"
writes:

1) Some rooms need weekly cleaning while others only occasionally. Do you
need to tell them before they arrive which cleaning is required, or can you
tell them when they arrive, and then simply pay the hourly rate?

2) Is cleaning ususally done by one person, or a team of two or more?

3) Rough approximation of the cost?

Are you in Delhi or Santa Monica?

I have no idea what the cost may be, but I'm certain location matters.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

Don't smoke; eat well; exercise; die anyway wrote:
1) Some rooms need weekly cleaning while others only occasionally. Do you
need to tell them before they arrive which cleaning is required, or can you
tell them when they arrive, and then simply pay the hourly rate?

2) Is cleaning ususally done by one person, or a team of two or more?

3) Rough approximation of the cost?

Thanks

Hi,
Our cleaning lady comes every other week.
2 story house with no kids but one indoor cat.
Takes about 6 hours to finish. We pay 150.00 cash.
Good dependable cleaner is hard to come by around here.
We and our daughter is lucky to have her.
Posted to alt.home.repair

writes:

1) Some rooms need weekly cleaning while others only occasionally. Do
you
need to tell them before they arrive which cleaning is required, or can
you
tell them when they arrive, and then simply pay the hourly rate?

2) Is cleaning ususally done by one person, or a team of two or more?

3) Rough approximation of the cost?

Are you in Delhi or Santa Monica?

I have no idea what the cost may be, but I'm certain location matters.

--
Dan Espen

Yes, location does matter as does whether individuals or crews do the work.
We finally settled on a crew service after trying individuals. The owner
came out for our first visit, did a check of the house, asked what we wanted
cleaned regularly and what brands of cleansers we wanted used in case of
allergies or objections to certain odors. Then, he worked with the crew to
develop a service list. That list became the pattern for the work crew of
three or four people who come every two weeks. At least one person, usually
the crew leader, is familiar with the house; the others can vary. They do
the whole house (2700 sq.ft. including a home office, no pets, 2, sometimes
3 people) in an hour for less than $100. We live in a midwest suburb.

I like the fact that they are in and finished so fast. There's a flury of
activity and then they're done. The house is spotless when they leave after
a last mop of the floors. We've now used them for 6 years. The same
service does "move in" and "move out" cleaning as well as heavy duty
cleaning of walls, ceilings and windows as arranged.

Tomsic

Posted to alt.home.repair

writes:

[...]

Tomsic- Hide quoted text -

Is this a completely local independent firm, or a local franchisee,
such as Merry Maids, etc?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:05:41 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Don't smoke; eat well; exercise; die anyway wrote:
1) Some rooms need weekly cleaning while others only occasionally. Do you
need to tell them before they arrive which cleaning is required, or can you
tell them when they arrive, and then simply pay the hourly rate?

2) Is cleaning ususally done by one person, or a team of two or more?

3) Rough approximation of the cost?

Thanks

Hi,
Our cleaning lady comes every other week.
2 story house with no kids but one indoor cat.
Takes about 6 hours to finish. We pay 150.00 cash.
Good dependable cleaner is hard to come by around here.
We and our daughter is lucky to have her.

$300 per month... ouch grin.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 06:32:45 -0500, "Doug"
wrote Re Questions About Home Cleaning Prices:

Our cleaning lady comes every other week.
2 story house with no kids but one indoor cat.
Takes about 6 hours to finish. We pay 150.00 cash.
Good dependable cleaner is hard to come by around here.
We and our daughter is lucky to have her.

$300 per month... ouch grin.

$25/hour tax free. I would do house cleaning for that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"hr(bob) " wrote in message

writes:

[...]

Local firm, no franchise.