Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are trimmed posts a Waste of bother?

On 5/9/2012 12:56 PM, gregz wrote:
wrote:
On Wed, 9 May 2012 07:36:00 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Ah, anyone remember the old BBS days with baud rates down around 1200?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Ed wrote in message
On Tue, 08 May 2012 22:28:37 -0500, wrote:
Just out of curiosity. How long have you been posting to Usenet?

And neither one of you bothers to trim a post.

Yes and when it went to 2400, it seemed like heaven at first. Ahh...
the good ol' days.

54k was the ****.

Greg

we never did get the benefit of the 54k modem upgrade. The aged copper
in our area would never support more than about 41-43k. We went from
that to 1.5 Mb/s with roadrunner on cable when they finally got all the
amps installed. We'd had cable for decades, but they had to upgrade the
amps along the way to facilitate the RR working properly. Now that we
don't live in that area anymore, the RR is working at about 12 Mb/s
...... we are out in the country on a radio wave connection at 768k.
sigh.

--
Steve Barker

Why bother .... ? Dave in Texas Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 August 2nd 11 03:16 AM
Schematics & stuff. - File 12 of 75 - yEnc "Consumer-schem.z01 DON'T BOTHER! Waste of bandwidth. A. WhatsaMcThinger Dohickey Jr. Electronic Schematics 1 July 9th 10 02:57 AM
bother Peter Huebner Woodworking 3 November 25th 06 02:25 AM
Distance between posts for 5 x 3 posts and 6ft featheredge the carpet man UK diy 2 March 27th 06 04:21 PM