Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PL Premium PT Wood to Concrete?

Will PL Premium adhesive bond 1 x 2 pressure treated sleepers (laid
flat) to an outdoor concrete slab that has a sound surface?

The slab is not sealed, not shiny smooth but also not pitted to any
great extent.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 15, 12:06*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Will PL Premium adhesive bond 1 x 2 pressure treated sleepers (laid
flat) to an outdoor concrete slab that has a sound surface?

The slab is not sealed, not shiny smooth but also not pitted to any
great extent.

Thanks!

What is PL Premium???? Who makes it, what does their label and their
web site say????
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:

Allow me to reword my question:

Does anyone have any experience using PL Premium adhesive to
bond 1 x 2 pressure treated sleepers (laid flat) to an outdoor
concrete slab that has a sound surface?

I've used PL Premium quite a bit over the past 5 years.

But only for wood-to-wood bonding.

My gut feeling is that it will not work very well for concrete-to-wood
bonding regardless how clean the concrete surface is. But I believe
that LePage says that it will work on concrete - so maybe I'm completely
wrong.

Buy a small tube and give it a try.

You might want to look at this product:

http://www.lepageproducts.com/Produc...l.aspx?pid=113

LEPAGE PL POLYURETHANE CONCRETE CRACK & MASONRY

PL Polyurethane Concrete and Masonry is a high performance,
one-component, polyurethane sealant designed for easy gunning. This
sealant exhibits outstanding durability, tear resistance and movement
capability of ± 25%.

RECOMMENDED FOR:

Seals cracks in foundation walls, concrete floors and expansion joints.
Also seals around bricks and walls. Bonds concrete, brick, stucco,
metal, wood, vinyl, plastic and fiberglass.

NOT RECOMMENDED FOR:

Contact with oil-based caulking, silicone sealant, polysulfide,
alcohol-based materials or solvents, or fillers impregnated with oil,
asphalts or tar; Wood weathered for at least 6 months; Continuous water
immersion.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 17:46:59 -0400, DerbyDad03
wrote:

Does anyone have any experience using PL Premium adhesive to bond 1 x 2
pressure treated sleepers (laid flat) to an outdoor concrete slab that
has a sound surface?

No experience with that product. I can say that a urethane caulk
adhesive is said to stick to a 'ball of lard".

They build buses, cars, box cars for trains, etc., using it.

Get some on you: throw the clothes out and chew this stuff off your
fingers to get it off :-\

I've used urethane caulk in a few places. We joke; "I'd hate to be
the person doing any removal."

Buy it in caulk tubes. Some cost $7.00 a tube ten years ago.

wood stain in concrete brent Home Repair 3 August 20th 07 07:14 PM
For Sale: Premium White Oak Wood/Lumber buqunist Woodworking 0 May 18th 07 02:53 PM
wood over concrete TP Home Repair 4 May 22nd 05 12:23 PM
More SOS Q's on Wood Floors over Concrete... hazen Home Repair 3 May 14th 05 08:58 PM
(old) wood floor vs concrete Jason Wagner Home Repair 2 January 14th 04 02:34 AM