Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How is Good Friday (tommorrow) treated in the USA?

Here in Canada, "Good Friday" (which is tommorrow) is treated the same
as Christmas day, labor day, thanksgiving Monday and New Years day.

In other words, there are "bank" holidays and then there are *real*
holidays (where pretty much everything is closed).

On all of those days mentioned above, pretty much all commerce grinds to
a halt (except for gas stations and restaurants).

How is Good Friday treated in the US?

Are most workplaces, schools, stores (etc) closed?

Next Monday is "Easter Monday". Here in Canada, that's treated like a
"bank holiday". No banks are open, no primary schools (highschools,
grade schools, etc) are open, and anyone with a gov't job (federal,
provincial, municipal, etc) doesn't go to work. But all retail or other
commercial workplaces will be open.

How is "Easter Monday" treated in the US?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

How is it that you don't know how to mark off topic posts OT?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/5/2012 9:45 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Here in Canada, "Good Friday" (which is tommorrow) is treated the same
as Christmas day, labor day, thanksgiving Monday and New Years day.

Canada has Labour Day, not labor day.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Duesenberg wrote in :

On 4/5/2012 9:45 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Here in Canada, "Good Friday" (which is tommorrow) is treated the same
as Christmas day, labor day, thanksgiving Monday and New Years day.

Canada has Labour Day, not labor day.

Haw haw haw!

"Home Guy" really is a Kanadian retard. Even more 'tardish than I
originally gave him credit for being.

"Home Guy" probably also likes to end every sentence with "eh" when
conversing with Americans. What a goof.

"Home Guy" is the sort of Kanadian that makes some other Canadians
embarrassed to be Canadian. Plus he can't spell, and he has difficulty with
capitalization and punctuation. He's obviously a product of the Kanadian
government school system.

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 5, 2012 9:23:40 PM UTC-5, Duesenberg wrote:
On 4/5/2012 9:45 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Here in Canada, "Good Friday" (which is tommorrow) is treated the same
as Christmas day, labor day, thanksgiving Monday and New Years day.

Canada has Labour Day, not labor day.

He was talking to US and therefore used the correct spelling!

Many regional areas close at noon on Friday. Schools are closed Friday.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/5/2012 9:45 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Here in Canada, "Good Friday" (which is tommorrow) is treated the same
as Christmas day, labor day, thanksgiving Monday and New Years day.

In other words, there are "bank" holidays and then there are *real*
holidays (where pretty much everything is closed).

On all of those days mentioned above, pretty much all commerce grinds to
a halt

Considering all the French you got there, I bet you don't close your
liquor stores.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home guy has Labor Day without U?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Duesenberg" wrote in message
On 4/5/2012 9:45 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Here in Canada, "Good Friday" (which is tommorrow) is treated the same
as Christmas day, labor day, thanksgiving Monday and New Years day.

Canada has Labour Day, not labor day.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/5/2012 10:02 PM, Ron wrote:
On Apr 5, 9:45 pm, Home wrote:

How is it that you don't know how to mark off topic posts OT?

And one has to wonder why someone who hates the US so much is so
clueless about what he hates...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hugh Jass wrote:

Here in Canada, "Good Friday" (which is tommorrow) is treated the
same as Christmas day, labor day, thanksgiving Monday and New
Years day.

On all of those days mentioned above, pretty much all commerce
grinds to a halt

Considering all the French you got there, I bet you don't close
your liquor stores.

In Ontario, all liquor stores are closed today (Good friday) also on
Sunday (Easter Sunday). Normally they are open on Sundays.

I should add that Easter Sunday is also treated the same as Good friday
- ie no commerce (nothing is open) except for gas stations and
restaurants.

In some Canadian cities that have "designated tourist zones" (border
cities, Toronto, etc) there are some zones or districts in those cities
that are exempt from these holiday laws and are open for business (the
Eaton Center in Toronto being a notable example).

Considering all the French you got there,

The french are concentrated in the province of Quebec - and I really
have no idea what their retails laws are regarding the Easter holidays
(friday, sunday and monday).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/5/2012 8:45 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Here in Canada, "Good Friday" (which is tommorrow) is treated the same
as Christmas day, labor day, thanksgiving Monday and New Years day.

In other words, there are "bank" holidays and then there are *real*
holidays (where pretty much everything is closed).

On all of those days mentioned above, pretty much all commerce grinds to
a halt (except for gas stations and restaurants).

How is Good Friday treated in the US?

Are most workplaces, schools, stores (etc) closed?

Next Monday is "Easter Monday". Here in Canada, that's treated like a
"bank holiday". No banks are open, no primary schools (highschools,
grade schools, etc) are open, and anyone with a gov't job (federal,
provincial, municipal, etc) doesn't go to work. But all retail or other
commercial workplaces will be open.

How is "Easter Monday" treated in the US?

It's long been a family tradition to call in sick claiming we have a
severe case of galactorrhea which has inflamed our dipsomania.

Then we all gather around and sing "Good Friday" carols around the TV
which is decorated with dried animal parts.

Then we slap each other twice on the forehead then once on the bottom of
the foot. Signifying the Good Friday's kangaroo journey from Milan to Minsk.

We then immediately separate. One walks, one runs, one drives and the
other hops like a kangaroo.

When we come back we repeat the process until the stroke of midnight.
Exhausting but so worth it!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 6, 8:07*am, gonjah gonjah.net wrote:
[...]

Makes more sense than most of the church services. I think I will
join you.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tegger wrote:
Duesenberg wrote in :

On 4/5/2012 9:45 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Here in Canada, "Good Friday" (which is tommorrow) is treated the
same as Christmas day, labor day, thanksgiving Monday and New Years
day.

Canada has Labour Day, not labor day.

Haw haw haw!

"Home Guy" really is a Kanadian retard. Even more 'tardish than I
originally gave him credit for being.

"Home Guy" probably also likes to end every sentence with "eh" when
conversing with Americans. What a goof.

"Home Guy" is the sort of Kanadian that makes some other Canadians
embarrassed to be Canadian. Plus he can't spell, and he has
difficulty with capitalization and punctuation. He's obviously a
product of the Kanadian government school system.

From someone that claims to know so much about the US, he sure don't
know ****.
No big surprise, typical of a troll

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/5/2012 9:37 PM, Tegger wrote:
wrote in :

On 4/5/2012 9:45 PM, Home Guy wrote:
Here in Canada, "Good Friday" (which is tommorrow) is treated the same
as Christmas day, labor day, thanksgiving Monday and New Years day.

Canada has Labour Day, not labor day.

Haw haw haw!

Hardly worth mentioning.

"Golly, he didn't capitalize Thanksgiving!"
Posted to alt.home.repair

As an American I am sincerely embarrassed by the first few responses and
apologize.

Top posting was deliberate. Don't complain.

Gary

"Home Guy" wrote in message ...

Here in Canada, "Good Friday" (which is tommorrow) is treated the same
as Christmas day, labor day, thanksgiving Monday and New Years day.

In other words, there are "bank" holidays and then there are *real*
holidays (where pretty much everything is closed).

On all of those days mentioned above, pretty much all commerce grinds to
a halt (except for gas stations and restaurants).

How is Good Friday treated in the US?

Are most workplaces, schools, stores (etc) closed?

Next Monday is "Easter Monday". Here in Canada, that's treated like a
"bank holiday". No banks are open, no primary schools (highschools,
grade schools, etc) are open, and anyone with a gov't job (federal,
provincial, municipal, etc) doesn't go to work. But all retail or other
commercial workplaces will be open.

How is "Easter Monday" treated in the US?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/6/2012 2:18 PM, Snowy wrote:
As an American I am sincerely embarrassed by the first few responses
and apologize.

LOL. You must do a lot of apologizing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote in :

Here in Canada, "Good Friday" (which is tommorrow) is treated the same
as Christmas day, labor day, thanksgiving Monday and New Years day.

In other words, there are "bank" holidays and then there are *real*
holidays (where pretty much everything is closed).

On all of those days mentioned above, pretty much all commerce grinds to
a halt (except for gas stations and restaurants).

How is Good Friday treated in the US?

Are most workplaces, schools, stores (etc) closed?

Next Monday is "Easter Monday". Here in Canada, that's treated like a
"bank holiday". No banks are open, no primary schools (highschools,
grade schools, etc) are open, and anyone with a gov't job (federal,
provincial, municipal, etc) doesn't go to work. But all retail or other
commercial workplaces will be open.

How is "Easter Monday" treated in the US?

It is now also known as an "I'm Ohfeeeeeeeended" day.

It's a holiday for pansy-ass whiners with nothing to do to sit home and
write letters to the editor is every ****-ant paper around.