Posted to alt.home.repair

Default US Soldiers disarmed before Panetta appearance in Afghanistan

"John Carter" wrote in message
Home Guy wrote in :

Oren wrote:

Unlike the UK (Canada ?) where people ARE guilty UNTIL they prove
their innocence....in America, a man is innocent UNTIL proven
guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Can't face the facts eh?

Having a hard time reconciling that a US soldier could do this?

Read what I just posted about the death penalty.

Even though you keep grasping at straws, no matter how you keep
spinning it, this is no longer about "we need to investigate if he
did it". (it never was)

This is about some bull**** investigation to figure out "why he
did it" - as if that matters.

Those children are still dead, their bodies still burned and
mutilated.

Why do you want to give this guy a pass?

Giving him a pass would be to bring him back stateside and
re-assign him to a different position. He is being provided
something called due process which it seems you are not aware
of and don't believe it exists even in theory. We do here in this
contry.

This is why patriotism and nationalism is so evil. See what it
does to your sense of justice and morality?

Get over it. No amount of red, white and blue apple pie is gonna
change the facts of what this guy did - and what punishment he
should face.

So you are the judge. You must be because you have left out the
prosecutor and the jury.

Look Home Guy, combat deployment is something you have never
experienced and because there are some MEN who have stepped up and
acceped the task, you will never have to. I submit you have no idea
WHAT happens in combat deployment and thus you have NO RIGHT to be
making the statements you are making.

The only thing going on here is DUE PROCESS. If he is charged, tried
in a civilized court and found guilty, then he will be punished
accordingly. There is nothing else to be argued here, so crawl back
into the Canadian tundra, EH?

It appears that homey does not have ANY knowledge of due process either
Most probably you're typical Monday Morning quarterback, and not much
else.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote :

Oren wrote:

[...]

else.- Hide quoted text -

He's not the only Monday morning quarterback here. It's a common
theme in the leftist hippie America bashers. They revisit history
with a jaundiced eye and then tell us how whatever the USA did,
it was the wrong thing. Of course it helps immensely to know the
outcome and never to have to make any of the decisions that they
bitch about realtime, BEFORE the outcome is known.
Then they make the further assumption that
whatever they claim should have been done years ago would
have with 100% certainty resulted in a great outcome. For all
we know, in many cases it could have resulted in total disaster.
Of course we'll never know, anymore than we would with the
football "experts" that don't play the game.

As another interesting note, these hippies love to bitch about
the alleged unwarranted tracking and looking into of suspicous folks
by the US govt in the war on terrorism. In the case that just
happened in France, the Al-Qaeda operative was not under
any scrutiny by France. He was however at a minimum
on the USA no-fly list, again showing that the govt is doing
it's job. And possibly we had more on him. I
can't help but think had he been here, it's quite possible
using the current methods, he could have been arrested
in a sting, like so many others, before he committed his
murders. We've been amazingly successful at nipping a lot
of these in the bud, before they could really pull off their
capers. If we listened to the hippies, we'd be sweeping
up the debris and buring the bodies.