Posted to alt.home.repair

Default US Soldiers disarmed before Panetta appearance in Afghanistan

"harry" wrote in message
On Mar 18, 2:11 pm, Home Guy wrote:
Kurt Ullman wrote:
SO, even Canada then by your own words, puts commercial expediency
above their (alleged) principles.
They did something they really did not want to do only to make
sure they could sell things to the Afghans.

No.

Canada sent troops to Afghanistan to prevent the US from throwing up
trade hassles between the US and Canada. That's always the big stick
the US waves at Canada. Softwood lumber, mad-cow beef, etc.

There's nothing to be gained for Canada in Afghanistan (commercial or
otherwise). It's all about keeping the trade lanes open between Canada
and the US.

But for the US, you apparently get a real hard-on when you occupy
foreign real estate, set up military bases, air bases, liberate oil
fields, etc.

Second thing, I guess you're too DENSE to see the difference
between murdering 16 civillians door-to-door in the middle of
the night vs anxious soldiers at checkpoints with ichy trigger
fingers.
I see ONE man who broke under the pressure and not a number of
people with itchy trigger fingers, and thus poor training.

What's wrong with your reading comprehension?

Can't you follow a thread?

draw similarities with this 1-man murder spree and Canadian soldiers who
have shot afghan civillians in cars at checkpoints.

I'm only pointing out to that fool that it's asinine to compare the two
situations.

You are wrong. There is lithium in Afghanistan.
You know,the stuff we may need for electric car batteries.
Americans can't do without their cars. Most can only walk around 20
yards.
It is a genetic trait.

And here you go, surpassing your last claims about the US and Americans, to
prove what a stupid little bigot you really are
It's the ONLY reason I still read you. Because you consistently do surpass
your previous examples of stupidity.

They failed in Afghanistan. Now they want your tar sands.