Posted to alt.home.repair

Default hardiplank vs pine

Just want to confirm from what homedepot told me .... I asked if the
dimensions of 1"x4" pine was the same as 1"x4" hardiplank. He told
me only the thickness is different. He said pine is 3/4" thick and
hardiplank is 1" thick. Is this correct?

I plan on replacing some outside house trim originally pine now with
hardiplank. I want to replace a vertical 1x4 trim now in pine with
hardiplank that will meet just under the soffit to a horizontal 1x4
pine (butt together). I'm thinking no one will notice a 1/4"
difference in thickness 2 stories high just under the soffit and
painted.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 27, 9:12*am, "Doug" wrote:
Just want to confirm from what homedepot told me .... *I asked if the
dimensions of 1"x4" *pine was the same as 1"x4" hardiplank. *He told
me only the thickness is different. *He said pine is 3/4" thick and
hardiplank is 1" thick. * Is this correct?

I plan on replacing some outside house trim originally pine now with
hardiplank. *I want to replace a vertical 1x4 trim now in pine with
hardiplank that will meet just under the soffit to a horizontal 1x4
pine (butt together). *I'm thinking no one will notice a 1/4"
difference in thickness 2 stories high just under the soffit and
painted.

Is hardiplank outdoor weatherproof?????
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 27, 9:13*am, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Feb 27, 9:12*am, "Doug" wrote:

Just want to confirm from what homedepot told me .... *I asked if the
dimensions of 1"x4" *pine was the same as 1"x4" hardiplank. *He told
me only the thickness is different. *He said pine is 3/4" thick and
hardiplank is 1" thick. * Is this correct?

I plan on replacing some outside house trim originally pine now with
hardiplank. *I want to replace a vertical 1x4 trim now in pine with
hardiplank that will meet just under the soffit to a horizontal 1x4
pine (butt together). *I'm thinking no one will notice a 1/4"
difference in thickness 2 stories high just under the soffit and
painted.

Is hardiplank outdoor weatherproof?????

According to James Hardie.

Doug-

The Hardiplank siding I've used is way thinner than 3/4"...... I
remember it being very flexible.
What Hardie supplies is different from region to region.

I believe what oyu want is Hardie Trim.
Again availability driven by region.

check this link
http://www.jameshardie.com/homeowner...exterior.shtml

Don't forget to call CEA.

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 27, 11:23*am, DD_BobK wrote:
On Feb 27, 9:13*am, "hr(bob) "
wrote:

On Feb 27, 9:12*am, "Doug" wrote:

[...]

check this linkhttp://www.jameshardie.com/homeowner/products-exterior.shtml

Don't forget to call CEA.

cheers
Bob

Hardi has both siding and trim. The siding is thinner than 3/4 inch
and is indeed somewhat flexible in the long boards. The trim as I
remember was of standard sizes 3/4 x 4" in 8,10, and 12 foot lengths.
It is great stuff and takes paint very well.

To be save though, measure some of it before you buy it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Feb 27, 9:12*am, "Doug" wrote:
Just want to confirm from what homedepot told me .... *I asked if the
dimensions of 1"x4" *pine was the same as 1"x4" hardiplank. *He told
me only the thickness is different. *He said pine is 3/4" thick and
hardiplank is 1" thick. * Is this correct?

I plan on replacing some outside house trim originally pine now with
hardiplank. *I want to replace a vertical 1x4 trim now in pine with
hardiplank that will meet just under the soffit to a horizontal 1x4
pine (butt together). *I'm thinking no one will notice a 1/4"
difference in thickness 2 stories high just under the soffit and
painted.

I used the PVC boards. Much easier to work with and have a lifetime
guarantee. And it matches pine dimensions. It is a little pricey but
you'll never have to replace it again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Doug" wrote in message news
Just want to confirm from what homedepot told me .... I asked if the
dimensions of 1"x4" pine was the same as 1"x4" hardiplank. He told
me only the thickness is different. He said pine is 3/4" thick and
hardiplank is 1" thick. Is this correct?

I plan on replacing some outside house trim originally pine now with
hardiplank. I want to replace a vertical 1x4 trim now in pine with
hardiplank that will meet just under the soffit to a horizontal 1x4
pine (butt together). I'm thinking no one will notice a 1/4"
difference in thickness 2 stories high just under the soffit and
painted.

I replace 1x4 trim pine with hardiplank all the time,
and you will not know it's hardiplank,
if I do not tell you it is...

Hardiplank cost ls02 Home Repair 5 November 1st 11 02:31 AM
Hanging Things on HardiPlank mcp6453[_2_] Home Repair 7 May 31st 11 03:44 AM
Importers want to buy sawn timber pine, pine lumbers, pine panels Hardwood Lumber Woodworking 0 October 25th 10 03:36 PM
hardiplank vs cedar charley Home Repair 4 February 15th 07 05:45 AM
Broken hardiplank [email protected] Home Repair 7 October 9th 06 05:10 AM