Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Beast's Heating and Cooling in Hemet

Hi there, Beast here in Hemet Ca
I am considering to move my wall heater from the hallway into the
basement where I can easily vent the hot exhaust gasses under my house
in the crawl space and heat my oak wood floors with the exhaust heat
that is currently allowed to exit a straight up and out pipe. I want
fresh air in and to exhaust air that is lowest in the basement for the
reason of radon and heavier gases like carbon dioxide and small
amounts of carbon monoxide. These are pushed out first under the house
then into the attic for fullest heat recapture. The heaters hot plate
is confined to a vent where air is drawn into it from the return
cooler air drains to hallway under door, the fan blower send the
heated air up over to cieling vents and into the heating areas by
ducts.
It seems such a loss of heat to me, up out the roof without heating
any space, the crawlspace is a good place to heat with wooden floors,
the exit from their being up and into the attic fro final dispersal
exit out attic venting.The basement is unused space and heating it
would not be needed, therefore a closed vent to the ducts of the heat
source is good and their is a supply of fresh air added to both.
I would rather use individual room gas heaters that are ventless
types and get over 99% energy use. I understand CA relented as one of
three states that banned these but have not heard any regulations on
them provided and am not sure. I cant order them from CA though I am
sure I could have my brother in law in MI send me one or so I buy
through him.

Does anyone know if their are any current regulations and standards
set on ventless gas space and water heaters in southern califorina
which were approved to be used in CA in 2008?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 18, 10:26*am, Beast wrote:
[...]

Contact your local building and zoning folks. I like to save energy,
but I would not want raw combustion products gasses flowing thru my
crawl space and attic unless the gasses were in a plenum. Too many
bad things in the gasses to take a chance on them leaking into
inhabited areas.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/18/2012 11:26 AM, Beast wrote:
It seems such a loss of heat to me, up out the roof without heating
any space,

Every ventless gas heater I've ever seen warns the user about adequate
ventilation...which means you have to crack open a window to use it
safely. But then you have to wonder how much heat loss you have with a
window open?

If you really want to save heating and cooling dollars, start adding
insulation to your home.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 18, 10:26*am, Beast wrote:
[...]

What will stop the exhaust from rising through the floors, nothing.
What you propose and unvented gas are a good way to at least make
yourself sick.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 18, 5:07*pm, ransley wrote:
On Feb 18, 10:26*am, Beast wrote:

[...]

yourself sick.- Hide quoted text -

Sounds like a troll.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/18/2012 12:04 PM, hr(bob) wrote:
On Feb 18, 10:26 am, wrote:
[...]

Plus, all that moisture, a produce of combustion, wouldn't be good for
the wood.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to ransley, Beast wrote:
Most of my 60 years, I have lived in CA homes and used the gas range as the
home heat source, windows closed. Gas is clean fuel, it does not make Carbon
Monoxide but Carbon Dioxide a gas we can live with.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...et-685269-.htm

Heating cooling problem JD Home Repair 8 February 15th 08 02:17 AM
Heating/Cooling Recommendations... Widdy Home Repair 3 December 1st 07 09:14 PM
heating and cooling questions Mark Modrall Home Repair 4 July 30th 06 05:55 PM
New Central Heating and Cooling [email protected] Home Repair 9 May 6th 05 02:19 AM