Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cold water supply clogged at Kitchen sink How to clear

I had to remove the faucet today and put back on. When I did the cold water
side comes out very slow. We have very hard water and this has happened
before, but there was a plumber here that time.

I can not remember how exactly he cleared it. But I remember him turning off
the water at the water heater then he opened a faucet in the bathroom and
either blocked off the one in the bathroom or kitchen and put back pressure
on the line and it cleared.

Does anyone know the correct procedure for this?

Thank You

Chris

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chris" writes:

I had to remove the faucet today and put back on. When I did the cold
water side comes out very slow. We have very hard water and this has
happened before, but there was a plumber here that time.

I can not remember how exactly he cleared it. But I remember him
turning off the water at the water heater then he opened a faucet in
the bathroom and either blocked off the one in the bathroom or kitchen
and put back pressure on the line and it cleared.

Does anyone know the correct procedure for this?

Disassemble the cold water side valve on the faucet.
Slightly open the valve under the sink to flush out
the line.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chris" wrote in message
eb.com...
I had to remove the faucet today and put back on. When I did the cold water
side comes out very slow. We have very hard water and this has happened
before, but there was a plumber here that time.

I can not remember how exactly he cleared it. But I remember him turning
off the water at the water heater then he opened a faucet in the bathroom
and either blocked off the one in the bathroom or kitchen and put back
pressure on the line and it cleared.

Does anyone know the correct procedure for this?

Thank You

Chris

Problem solved. Thank you to the plumber that emailed me.

Found out it is different procedure for cold water then hot water. Used air
from down line of valve with valve open and faucet line disconnected.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
"Chris" writes:

I had to remove the faucet today and put back on. When I did the cold
water side comes out very slow. We have very hard water and this has
happened before, but there was a plumber here that time.

I can not remember how exactly he cleared it. But I remember him
turning off the water at the water heater then he opened a faucet in
the bathroom and either blocked off the one in the bathroom or kitchen
and put back pressure on the line and it cleared.

Does anyone know the correct procedure for this?

Disassemble the cold water side valve on the faucet.
Slightly open the valve under the sink to flush out
the line.

--
Dan Espen

Thanks Dan. I had to use air to clear it, but I had easy access down line to
do it. Works great now.