Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Real washing machines

We've pretty much had it with our HE front loader. It's a GE and that
may be part of the problem. But it is a piece of junk, only 2 1/2 years
old and of course, made in China. It doesn't clean well, it doesn't
rinse well and it takes forever to clean a load. We routinely add the
2nd rinse. And in many cases, we will put the cloths through a 2nd no
soap cycle, just to provide some extra rinsing. I've read on the
internet (sometime a dangerous thing) that rinsing with warm water does
a better job at removing soap residue than with cold water. However,
you can't rinse with warm water on this and many other new machines,
even the "fill the tub machines." I am looking for an old fashioned top
loader that actually uses a tub full of water to wash cloths .... you
know, like it's been done for centuries. I understand that in a few
years, these will be gone, just like filament light bulbs. Even now,
many of the top loaders are just reincarnations of the HE front loaders,
just turned 90 degrees. But there are still a few of the good old units
out there. Any comments on the good old, fill the tub with water, top
loaders?

ISE washing machines Stephen Howard UK diy 51 November 28th 08 08:31 AM
ISE washing machines Lino expert UK diy 0 November 22nd 08 01:15 PM
Washing Machines elziko UK diy 15 September 12th 06 09:13 AM
Washing machines that are built like commercial machines? Ignoramus22440 Metalworking 50 May 8th 06 05:38 AM
Washing machines that are built like commercial machines? Ignoramus22440 Home Repair 38 May 8th 06 05:38 AM