DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony QuadraStation 2.4 answering machine. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/334846-sony-quadrastation-2-4-answering-machine.html)

[email protected] January 26th 12 03:48 PM

Sony QuadraStation 2.4 answering machine.

I have a Sony QuadraStation 2.4 answering machine which I purchased,
used, from a garage sale.

It seems to work very well except for the fact that it has a pre-
recorded outgoing message and I would MUCH rather have MY voice
announcing my message.

I have tried searching for a .pdf 'owners manual' but have not found
one.

If you could give me a link to such a manual I would really appreciate
it.

TIA.

Lewis

*****

Percival P. Cassidy January 26th 12 04:06 PM

On 01/26/12 10:48 am, wrote:
I have a Sony QuadraStation 2.4 answering machine which I purchased,
used, from a garage sale.

It seems to work very well except for the fact that it has a pre-
recorded outgoing message and I would MUCH rather have MY voice
announcing my message.

I have tried searching for a .pdf 'owners manual' but have not found
one.

If you could give me a link to such a manual I would really appreciate
it.

I know that it can be tricky knowing just what to ask Google to search
for, but I searched for 'Sony quadrastation manual' (without the quotes)
and found

http://docs.sony.com/release/SPPS2730.pdf

but I don't see anything there about recording one's own message.

We actually had one of these for a few years, but I don't recall whether
we were able to record our own message. We replaced it by a Panasonic
DECT 6.0 system because the Sony interfered with the wireless networking.

Perce

willshak January 26th 12 04:30 PM

wrote the following on 1/26/2012 10:48 AM (ET):
I have a Sony QuadraStation 2.4 answering machine which I purchased,
used, from a garage sale.

It seems to work very well except for the fact that it has a pre-
recorded outgoing message and I would MUCH rather have MY voice
announcing my message.

I have tried searching for a .pdf 'owners manual' but have not found
one.

If you could give me a link to such a manual I would really appreciate
it.

TIA.

Lewis

*****

The first google link I got on 'Sony QuadraStation 2.4' was this
https://www.docs.sony.com/release/SPPS2730.pdf

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

[email protected] January 26th 12 04:41 PM

On Jan 26, 10:30*am, willshak wrote:
[...]

Thats just what I wanted, thanks.

I guess I was expecting 'Sony QuadraStation 2.4' to be in the title.

Kind regards.

Lewis

*****