Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drywall Repair Video from USG

This is pretty good IMO. I thought the use of finger spattering from a
brush for texture was neat.

California patch method was cool. Guess I've been doing it the hard way.
Only thought is if the patch were pressed on hard enough that it might
give.

http://www.usg.com/rc/videos/joint-c...r-video-en.wmv
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2012-01-15, Red Green wrote:

California patch method was cool.

I know spit about drywall, except past experience helping hump it from
one spot to another.

This is very great info. Thanks.

nb

--
vi --the root of evil
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/15/2012 11:43 AM, Red Green wrote:
This is pretty good IMO. I thought the use of finger spattering from a
brush for texture was neat.

California patch method was cool. Guess I've been doing it the hard way.
Only thought is if the patch were pressed on hard enough that it might
give.

http://www.usg.com/rc/videos/joint-c...r-video-en.wmv

Great video ... thanks!

John
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:

California patch method was cool. Guess I've been doing it the hard way.
Only thought is if the patch were pressed on hard enough that it might
give.

I agree. I think I would at least line around the edges with mud to provide a
bit more anchor than just the paper.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Neville wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:

California patch method was cool. Guess I've been doing it the hard
way. Only thought is if the patch were pressed on hard enough that it
might give.

I agree. I think I would at least line around the edges with mud to
provide a bit more anchor than just the paper.

Easy to miss. At 1:41-1:43 it seems he does this on two of the sides at
least. It's really quick ecause he's a pro...or a hack...or ****ty video
coverage.

Drywall repair SBH Home Repair 5 January 16th 07 05:07 AM
Drywall Repair Lorenzo Home Repair 4 April 20th 06 04:45 AM
drywall repair Patt Home Repair 2 September 19th 05 04:35 AM
Drywall repair - what to use?? [email protected] Home Repair 5 August 18th 05 01:46 AM
Drywall Repair [email protected] Home Repair 4 July 26th 05 01:04 AM