Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to set Frigidaire dryer "timed dry" cycle.

ReallyG

I've had this Frigidaire affinity [AGQ6000ES] dryer for 5 years & this
is the first time I've wanted to use the 15-90 minute 'timed dry'
cycle.

And I can't figure out how to get off the 15 minute cycle! I've
read the FINE manual. [all 4 that are on the Frigidaire site,
including the techdata.pdf.]

there is a knob on the left that selects 'Timed Cycle'. That gives
me 15 minutes. I've pushed all the other buttons, turned the knob--
danced on one foot- bowed tot he east. . . . I get 15 minutes or
'err'.

Since it isn't even mentioned in the manual, I'm thinking this must be
so simple and universal that only the dumbest of operators can't
figure it out. So far, we have 3 adults who don't get it. g

any thoughts? [on the dryer-- not on the cumulative intelligence of
the household.g]

Thanks
Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-12-07, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

there is a knob on the left that selects 'Timed Cycle'. That gives
me 15 minutes. I've pushed all the other buttons, turned the knob--
danced on one foot- bowed tot he east. . . . I get 15 minutes or
'err'.

Since it isn't even mentioned in the manual, I'm thinking this must be
so simple and universal that only the dumbest of operators can't
figure it out. So far, we have 3 adults who don't get it. g

It's broke?

Thanks, NB.

You are too kind. I found an appliance forum and asked;
http://www.applianceblog.com/mainfor...tml#post145916

I got an answer in short order. It is confirmed. we are all
idiots. The 'Timed Dry' position is at the 'bottom' of the row of
indicators by the big knob.

Being a good little boy, I never turned the knob any further than
necessary to make the bottom indicator light. To get 30, 60, or 90
minutes-- you turn the knob further. :-(

I've got the evening off, now. I don't have to reset the dryer every
15 minutes until my daughter's sweaters are all dry.g

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

..... I found an appliance forum and asked;
http://www.applianceblog.com/mainfor...tml#post145916

I got an answer in short order. It is confirmed. we are all
idiots. The 'Timed Dry' position is at the 'bottom' of the row of
indicators by the big knob.

Interesting. I checked out the link you provided and see that you quickly
got an answer there. Pretty cool.

I like the main website ( http://www.applianceblog.com ) and I created a
link to it on my computer desktop. The forums look like they are pretty
good, and the website has other good information. On the main website page
today, I saw a brief video about cleaning ceramic cooktops (
http://www.applianceblog.com/2011/11...leaning-kit-2/ ). I
thought that was useful too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 16:05:48 -0500, "Ron" wrote:

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

..... I found an appliance forum and asked;
http://www.applianceblog.com/mainfor...tml#post145916

I got an answer in short order. It is confirmed. we are all
idiots. The 'Timed Dry' position is at the 'bottom' of the row of
indicators by the big knob.

Interesting. I checked out the link you provided and see that you quickly
got an answer there. Pretty cool.

Yeah-- I hate the 'forum format' [vs. Usenet on an offline reader]
but there a few good forums out there. Moderation keeps the
riffraff at bay.

My favorite forum, though I don't spend much time there is
http://opeonthenet.com/
[took me a while before I realized that was 'Outdoor Power
Equipment-on-the-net]

I like the main website ( http://www.applianceblog.com ) and I created a
link to it on my computer desktop. The forums look like they are pretty

There are a few gems out there.

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks so much you saved me I cloth diaper my son and have been on 15 mins for 2 months, once I inadvertently saw 90 minutes for timed dry but thought it was a dream as i could never get back there! My life had changed!