Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help, removing a wall mount TV

Bought this house and we included the wall mounted TV (~19") in the bedroom
as part of the offer to purchase.

I purchased a wireless headphone so my wife can watch TV while I sleep.

I can't figure out how to unmount the TV from the wall mount so I can attach
the audio cables for the wireless headset. It has a canvas type cord that
drops down and releases a latch on one side. I have tried pulling the
release and sliding it left or right; pulling it from the bottom and
lifting; just lifting; the fricking thing just won't let go. No set screws
visible that I could loosen to unlatch it.

It's mounted so close to the wall, I can't see anything. Anybody got any
ideas?

Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have one that has an Allen wrench screw to dismount it. It is on the
round swing left/right part. I have no canvas cord though.

I bet the owners could not figure it out.
Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Dec 2, 2:42*pm, "Joe J" wrote:
Bought this house and we included the wall mounted TV (~19") in the bedroom
as part of the offer to purchase.

I purchased a wireless headphone so my wife can watch TV while I sleep.

I can't figure out how to unmount the TV from the wall mount so I can attach
the audio cables for the wireless headset. *It has a canvas type cord that
drops down and releases a latch on one side. *I have tried pulling the
release and sliding it left or right; pulling it from the bottom and
lifting; just lifting; the fricking thing just won't let go. *No set screws
visible that I could loosen to unlatch it.

It's mounted so close to the wall, I can't see anything. *Anybody got any
ideas?

Thanks,

I have what may be a similar type mount for a much larger TV, there
are two vertical brackets on the back and at the bottom of each there
is a catch that needs to be released so that the bottom may be swung
away from the wall. Then you lift the whole display up and off the
rail near the top of the brackets on which the brackets are hanging.
So I am wondering if maybe there's a second cord hidden somewhere (or
has fallen off?)

Mine is easier because it's not hanging from a wall but a freestanding
stand/console thing, I just pull it away from the wall :P

hope this helps,

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 2, 2:42*pm, "Joe J" wrote:
Bought this house and we included the wall mounted TV (~19") in the bedroom
as part of the offer to purchase.

I purchased a wireless headphone so my wife can watch TV while I sleep.

I can't figure out how to unmount the TV from the wall mount so I can attach
the audio cables for the wireless headset. *It has a canvas type cord that
drops down and releases a latch on one side. *I have tried pulling the
release and sliding it left or right; pulling it from the bottom and
lifting; just lifting; the fricking thing just won't let go. *No set screws
visible that I could loosen to unlatch it.

It's mounted so close to the wall, I can't see anything. *Anybody got any
ideas?

Thanks,

I don't know what the "canvas cord" you described is all about, but my
mount consists of 2 (maybe 3) pieces.

There's a bracket that attaches to the wall and a bracket (maybe 2, as
in a matching pair) that are attached to the TV itself.

Maybe looking at where the TV-side brackets hang on the wall bracket
might give you a clue.

Good luck!
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Dec 2, 3:05*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Dec 2, 2:42*pm, "Joe J" wrote:

Bought this house and we included the wall mounted TV (~19") in the bedroom
as part of the offer to purchase.

I purchased a wireless headphone so my wife can watch TV while I sleep.

I can't figure out how to unmount the TV from the wall mount so I can attach
the audio cables for the wireless headset. *It has a canvas type cord that
drops down and releases a latch on one side. *I have tried pulling the
release and sliding it left or right; pulling it from the bottom and
lifting; just lifting; the fricking thing just won't let go. *No set screws
visible that I could loosen to unlatch it.

It's mounted so close to the wall, I can't see anything. *Anybody got any
ideas?

Thanks,

I don't know what the "canvas cord" you described is all about

http://www.peerlessmounts.com/pcimag...s/large/pm.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 2, 2:42*pm, "Joe J" wrote:

Bought this house and we included the wall mounted TV (~19") in the bedroom
as part of the offer to purchase.

I purchased a wireless headphone so my wife can watch TV while I sleep.

I can't figure out how to unmount the TV from the wall mount so I can attach
the audio cables for the wireless headset. *It has a canvas type cord that
drops down and releases a latch on one side. *I have tried pulling the
release and sliding it left or right; pulling it from the bottom and
lifting; just lifting; the fricking thing just won't let go. *No set screws
visible that I could loosen to unlatch it.

It's mounted so close to the wall, I can't see anything. *Anybody got any
ideas?

Thanks,

I don't know what the "canvas cord" you described is all about

http://www.peerlessmounts.com/pcimag...s/large/pm.jpg

Why did you respond to my post with that link?

I'd wager a fair amount that the OP does not have that style of TV or
mount.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Dec 2, 2:42*pm, "Joe J" wrote:

[...]

Because you don't know what it is?

I'd wager a fair amount that the OP does not have that style of TV or
mount.

He never mentioned what type of TV that it is. I've seen many CRT TVs
that are wall mounted with a tie down/safety belt.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 2, 2:42*pm, "Joe J" wrote:

[...]

that are wall mounted with a tie down/safety belt.- Hide quoted text -

No, he didn't mention what kind of TV it was, but it is 2011 and
he did say it's mounted so close to the wall he can't see how it is
attached. That sure isn't the mounting in the pic in your link.
And I'm betting with Derby that it's flat panel.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 2, 2:42*pm, "Joe J" wrote:

[...]

Look at the picture you posted and tell me why the OP would be having
these issues:

"I can't figure out how to unmount the TV from the wall mount so I can
attach the audio cables for the wireless headset."

"It's mounted so close to the wall, I can't see anything."

Neither of those would be issues with the type of mount found via the
link you've provided.

Trust me...I know. I have a TV on a very similar mount in my bedroom.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/2/2011 11:18 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Dec 2, 6:29 pm, wrote:
On Dec 2, 3:05 pm, wrote:

On Dec 2, 2:42 pm, "Joe wrote:

[...]

Made me look for the evasive "canvas cord" but the pic was too small.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 2, 2:42*pm, "Joe J" wrote:
Bought this house and we included the wall mounted TV (~19") in the bedroom
as part of the offer to purchase.

I purchased a wireless headphone so my wife can watch TV while I sleep.

I can't figure out how to unmount the TV from the wall mount so I can attach
the audio cables for the wireless headset. *It has a canvas type cord that
drops down and releases a latch on one side. *I have tried pulling the
release and sliding it left or right; pulling it from the bottom and
lifting; just lifting; the fricking thing just won't let go. *No set screws
visible that I could loosen to unlatch it.

It's mounted so close to the wall, I can't see anything. *Anybody got any
ideas?

Give up. If it's that close to the wall you won't be able to attach
the audio cables and re-mount the TV anyway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 2, 4:11*pm, wrote:
On Dec 2, 2:42*pm, "Joe J" wrote:

Bought this house and we included the wall mounted TV (~19") in the bedroom
as part of the offer to purchase.

I purchased a wireless headphone so my wife can watch TV while I sleep.

I can't figure out how to unmount the TV from the wall mount so I can attach
the audio cables for the wireless headset. *It has a canvas type cord that
drops down and releases a latch on one side. *I have tried pulling the
release and sliding it left or right; pulling it from the bottom and
lifting; just lifting; the fricking thing just won't let go. *No set screws
visible that I could loosen to unlatch it.

It's mounted so close to the wall, I can't see anything. *Anybody got any
ideas?

Give up. If it's that close to the wall you won't be able to attach
the audio cables and re-mount the TV anyway.

Like N8N, I have one that has two cords that dangle below
the two vertical mounting brackets. You pull them to release
the catch and pull out slightly on the bottom of the TV. That gives
you room to reach the cables. To remove the TV, you
then lift it up about 1/2", as it basicly hanging on the brackets.
Sounds like you've found one cord, and there
probably is a second one on the other side.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Dec 2, 2:42 pm, "Joe J" wrote:
Bought this house and we included the wall mounted TV (~19") in the bedroom
as part of the offer to purchase.

I purchased a wireless headphone so my wife can watch TV while I sleep.

I can't figure out how to unmount the TV from the wall mount so I can
attach
the audio cables for the wireless headset. It has a canvas type cord that
drops down and releases a latch on one side. I have tried pulling the
release and sliding it left or right; pulling it from the bottom and
lifting; just lifting; the fricking thing just won't let go. No set screws
visible that I could loosen to unlatch it.

It's mounted so close to the wall, I can't see anything. Anybody got any
ideas?

Give up. If it's that close to the wall you won't be able to attach
the audio cables and re-mount the TV anyway.
He can shim the bracket

Pin

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 13:42:27 -0600, "Joe J" wrote:

Bought this house and we included the wall mounted TV (~19") in the bedroom
as part of the offer to purchase.

I purchased a wireless headphone so my wife can watch TV while I sleep.

Rather than strain her eyes, use a pry bar if need be to scrap the
tiny TV and buy a 32" for $300 or less. She will thank you profusely
and you won't want to sleep.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 2, 2:42*pm, "Joe J" wrote:
Bought this house and we included the wall mounted TV (~19") in the bedroom
as part of the offer to purchase.

I purchased a wireless headphone so my wife can watch TV while I sleep.

I can't figure out how to unmount the TV from the wall mount so I can attach
the audio cables for the wireless headset. *It has a canvas type cord that
drops down and releases a latch on one side. *I have tried pulling the
release and sliding it left or right; pulling it from the bottom and
lifting; just lifting; the fricking thing just won't let go. *No set screws
visible that I could loosen to unlatch it.

It's mounted so close to the wall, I can't see anything. *Anybody got any
ideas?

Thanks,

Check out the Feature video at this site. About 3/4 of the way
through, they show the cord being pulled down and the bottom of the TV
being pulled away from the wall for access to the cables:

http://www.sanus.com/ca/en/products/...ile-mount/LL11

Here's a link directly to the videos in large format:

http://www.sanus.com/ca/en/productde...oduct_id/20367

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Dec 2, 2:42 pm, "Joe J" wrote:
[...]

First, it is a flat panel. A 2nd, missing or hidden cord on the other side,
might be the answer to my problem. I'll have to look and report back.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help, removing a wall mount TV-FOLLOW-UP

I see said the blind man! Yes, there was a second release cord on the other
side but it was wound up around the coax and I didn't see it. My wife
pulled the two cords and I lifted it off the wall. Thanks people!

In between the bullsh*t, this group is a very handy resource!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Joe J" wrote in message
Bought this house and we included the wall mounted TV (~19") in the
bedroom as part of the offer to purchase.

I purchased a wireless headphone so my wife can watch TV while I sleep.

I can't figure out how to unmount the TV from the wall mount so I can
attach the audio cables for the wireless headset. It has a canvas type
cord that drops down and releases a latch on one side. I have tried
pulling the release and sliding it left or right; pulling it from the
bottom and lifting; just lifting; the fricking thing just won't let go.
No set screws visible that I could loosen to unlatch it.

It's mounted so close to the wall, I can't see anything. Anybody got any
ideas?

Thanks,

Those screws may go into keyhole (the old skeleton key style) holes in the
mounting plate. They must be loosened, then the plate lifted about half an
inch until the big part of the keyhole aligns with the head of the fastener.
Then it pulls straight out.

If that's not it, good luck. Have someone hold the thing while you remove
the fasteners.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Steve B, Nancy wrote:
steveb wrote:

"Joe J" wrote in message
Those screws may go into keyhole (the old skeleton key style) holes in the
mounting plate. They must be loosened, then the plate lifted about half

an
inch until the big part of the keyhole aligns with the head of the

fastener.
Then it pulls straight out.
If that's not it, good luck. Have someone hold the thing while you remove
the fasteners.
Steve

I do not have the tool that is required to fit into the hole to unlock the
bracket. I have tried all the allen wrenches I own and nothing works.
Any suggestions?

Posted to alt.home.repair

steveb wrote:

"Joe J" wrote in message
Those screws may go into keyhole (the old skeleton key style) holes in the
mounting plate. They must be loosened, then the plate lifted about half

an
inch until the big part of the keyhole aligns with the head of the

fastener.
Then it pulls straight out.
If that's not it, good luck. Have someone hold the thing while you remove
the fasteners.
Steve

I do not have the tool that is required to fit into the hole to unlock the
bracket. I have tried all the allen wrenches I own and nothing works.
Any suggestions?

First, depending on how old this is, it may be so heavy it requires
two people, two men, to hold it up. I helped a guy mount one of
those, but I don't remember what year it was. More than 6 years ago.
Secondly, does it really take an Allen wrench? A hexagon hole?

If so, there are sets and bigger sets. Once I got a set with 15
sizes, I think I had enough sizes. Also there is metric and
English.

I have no idea if any use Allen wrenches or not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

steveb wrote:

"Joe J" wrote in message
[...]

I have not really looked at that many commercial brackets, mine are
usually home made but usually the ones I see have a spring loaded
catch that holds the TV to the bottom rail and it just hooks over the
top rail. Some have string bobs you pull, others have a little tab you
push. Either way you tilt the bottom out and it is still hanging from
the top if you don't tilt it too far. You can jam a piece of cardboard
between the bottom rail and the clamp so it doesn't lock up while you
walk around front to get a good grip on it. Then just lift it off Be
sure all of the cables are disconnected and out of the way so you
don't get hung up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

steveb wrote:

"Joe J" wrote in message
[...]

Mine does.

The two braces that attach to the TV have "hooks" at the top and bottom.
Once you hang the TV on the mount with the top hooks and swing the bottom
of the TV in, the bottom hooks go under the bottom rail of the mount so that
the TV can't be lifted (or bumped) up (and off) unless you swing the
bottom out.

Then, to prevent the bottom of the TV from swinging out, there are 2 large
Allen head bolts that go through the top of the mount and contact the top of
the braces on the TV. Once those bolts are tightened against the braces, the
top of the TV can't go in, so the bottom can't swing out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

steveb wrote:

"Joe J" wrote in message
Those screws may go into keyhole (the old skeleton key style) holes in the
mounting plate. They must be loosened, then the plate lifted about half

an
inch until the big part of the keyhole aligns with the head of the

fastener.
Then it pulls straight out.
If that's not it, good luck. Have someone hold the thing while you remove
the fasteners.
Steve

I do not have the tool that is required to fit into the hole to unlock the
bracket. I have tried all the allen wrenches I own and nothing works.
Any suggestions?

I wonder how old this message is, considering prodigy.net has been gone
since around 2009.

Posted to alt.home.repair

steveb wrote:

"Joe J" wrote in message
Those screws may go into keyhole (the old skeleton key style) holes in the
mounting plate. They must be loosened, then the plate lifted about half

an
inch until the big part of the keyhole aligns with the head of the

fastener.
Then it pulls straight out.
If that's not it, good luck. Have someone hold the thing while you remove
the fasteners.
Steve

I do not have the tool that is required to fit into the hole to unlock the
bracket. I have tried all the allen wrenches I own and nothing works.
Any suggestions?

I wonder how old this message is, considering prodigy.net has been gone
since around 2009.

You will notice that the date of the original Joe J post was 12/2011.

However, Nancy seems to have revived the thread yesterday.

The subject is the same, but the question (and mounting method) is different.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 12:56:32 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I wonder how old this message is, considering prodigy.net has been gone
since around 2009.

You will notice that the date of the original Joe J post was 12/2011.

However, Nancy seems to have revived the thread yesterday.

The subject is the same, but the question (and mounting method) is different.

I'm curious, where did you find that date? I looked and did not find it.

However, it seems that all posts from
(Some Name)
are replays. Probably from "Homeowners Hub".

I'm not sure what the point is, except to keep usenet alive.

Seems to make little sense to reply to most of them, because there is no
REAL OP.... But a few of them may help someome, I suppose!

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

My suggestion would be to post a picture of "the hole to unlock the bracket"
so we can see what the issue is.

Another option would be to post the model number of the mount.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to DerbyDad03 , Nancy wrote:
teamarrows wrote:

My suggestion would be to post a picture of "the hole to unlock the

bracket"
so we can see what the issue is.
Another option would be to post the model number of the mount.

I appreciate all the responses. However, as I mentioned, I do not have
the tool or key to unlock the bracket. I do not believe it is a hex or
requires an allen wrench. I have a professional TV installer coming to
uninstall current TV and re-install new TV. Hopefully, he will have the
tool needed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/7/2016 7:44 PM, Nancy wrote:

I do not have the tool that is required to fit into the hole to unlock the
bracket. I have tried all the allen wrenches I own and nothing works.
Any suggestions?

Men have the proper tool for servicing a woman properly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/2/2011 1:42 PM, Joe J wrote:
Bought this house and we included the wall mounted TV (~19") in the
bedroom as part of the offer to purchase.

I purchased a wireless headphone so my wife can watch TV while I sleep.

I can't figure out how to unmount the TV from the wall mount so I can
attach the audio cables for the wireless headset. It has a canvas type
cord that drops down and releases a latch on one side. I have tried
pulling the release and sliding it left or right; pulling it from the
bottom and lifting; just lifting; the fricking thing just won't let go.
No set screws visible that I could loosen to unlatch it.

It's mounted so close to the wall, I can't see anything. Anybody got any
ideas?

Thanks,

Last month, me and the guys had to mount four 42" flat panel TV/computer
displays in a couple of large retail stores. Two
at each store with one on a CMU wall and the other on a sheet rock
wall. There is a flat horizontal strip with raised edges mounted
to the wall for the bracket on the back on the TV to hook on to.
The set is secured with two finger latches attached to two long
flat pieces of metal that engage the bottom lip of the metal strip
mounted to the wall. If you look behind the set, you will see a
flat metal finger that moves the flat locking plate when you pull
the finger (no pun) down causing the locking plate to disengage from
the wall bracket. You can then lift the TV off the wall bracket. It
looked like the most common design out there and may resemble what
you have.

TDD