Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fun With Rookies

Love to hear more...

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Rookies are fun. I was once sent to get a "bucket of
electricity"
(code name for extension cord). Lesson learned :-/

I told an incoming shift one day we had a missing employee.
Gasp!

Then I pointed to a digital Avery label picture I had placed
on a milk
carton. We will find him, yet! eyes rolled

One boss sent an employee out to count buffo toads at night
so he
could figure out what measures he would need to get rid of
'em.

(I have more examples of rookie fun)

Oh those days are still funny to me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sent a new hire to get the pipe stretcher. After 20 minutes he asked
"what does it look like".
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Thomas" wrote in message
Sent a new hire to get the pipe stretcher. After 20 minutes he asked
"what does it look like".

Isn't it near the assortment of spots for the spotwelder?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 11:55:15 -0400, "Charlie"
wrote:

"Thomas" wrote in message
Sent a new hire to get the pipe stretcher. After 20 minutes he asked
"what does it look like".

Isn't it near the assortment of spots for the spotwelder?

Just past the board stretcher.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 8:24*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Love to hear more...

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Rookies are fun. I was once sent to get a "bucket of
electricity"
(code name for extension cord). Lesson learned :-/

I told an incoming shift one day we had a missing employee.
Gasp!

Then I pointed to a digital Avery label picture I had placed
on a milk
carton. *We will find him, yet! eyes rolled

One boss sent an employee out to count buffo toads at night
so he
could figure out what measures he would need to get rid of
'em.

(I have more examples of rookie fun)

Oh those days are still funny to me.

Send the young seaman to the docks to bring back 20 yards of
waterline.

RonB

Posted to alt.home.repair
rlz rlz is offline

On Oct 26, 10:35*am, RonB wrote:
On Oct 26, 8:24*am, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
Love to hear more...

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Rookies are fun. I was once sent to get a "bucket of
electricity"
(code name for extension cord). Lesson learned :-/

I told an incoming shift one day we had a missing employee.
Gasp!

Then I pointed to a digital Avery label picture I had placed
on a milk
carton. *We will find him, yet! eyes rolled

One boss sent an employee out to count buffo toads at night
so he
could figure out what measures he would need to get rid of
'em.

(I have more examples of rookie fun)

Oh those days are still funny to me.

Send the young seaman to the docks to bring back 20 yards of
waterline.

RonB- Hide quoted text -

Let's not forget the need to produce an ID-10-T card...

robin
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/26/11 9:24 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Love to hear more...

bucket of steam

pound of dial-tone

paper-stretcher

pint of turn-signal blinker fluid

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:24:51 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Love to hear more...

Our entire crew got in hot water. "Someone" sent a helper to the tool
shack for a "bucket of ohms". (Large job, large trip)

The girl issuing tools' boyfriend happened to be a general foreman. He
was propped in the window talking to her when the helper asked. He
didn't get the joke. And before everything was said and done, we
didn't think it was funny any more either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Love to hear more...

Our entire crew got in hot water. "Someone" sent a helper to the tool
shack for a "bucket of ohms". (Large job, large trip)

The girl issuing tools' boyfriend happened to be a general foreman. He
was propped in the window talking to her when the helper asked. He
didn't get the joke. And before everything was said and done, we
didn't think it was funny any more either.

That's the whole story. This kind of "humor" isn't really funny. It's just
stupid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/26/11 09:24 am, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Love to hear more...

They sent the new lab assistant to the stores for "half a dozen benzene
rings." But he knew more than they had imagined and came back with a
bottle of benzene and told them, "Here you are; pick out the ones you want."

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Love to hear more...

Our entire crew got in hot water. "Someone" sent a helper to the tool
shack for a "bucket of ohms". (Large job, large trip)

The girl issuing tools' boyfriend happened to be a general foreman. He
was propped in the window talking to her when the helper asked. He
didn't get the joke. And before everything was said and done, we
didn't think it was funny any more either.

That's the whole story. This kind of "humor" isn't really funny. It's just
stupid.

Are you serious?! Worked your entire life WITHOUT job-site humor? Yes
it is humorous and having fun at work is healthy, reduces stress and
makes time fly.

Unless you are a sourpuss. Then folks let you live in you own little
space -- all by your lonesome.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/26/2011 1:44 PM, Reed wrote:
On 10/26/11 9:24 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Love to hear more...

bucket of steam

pound of dial-tone

paper-stretcher

pint of turn-signal blinker fluid

Two gallons of plaid paint

In the Air Force: a hundred yards of flight line

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...

Love to hear more...

Back in the service days we used the send the "cruits" out for boxes of grid
squares, there was always the need for some squelch oil and of course the
infamous left handed screw drivers!

-Brian

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Love to hear more...

Our entire crew got in hot water. "Someone" sent a helper to the
tool shack for a "bucket of ohms". (Large job, large trip)

The girl issuing tools' boyfriend happened to be a general foreman.
He was propped in the window talking to her when the helper asked.
He didn't get the joke. And before everything was said and done, we
didn't think it was funny any more either.

That's the whole story. This kind of "humor" isn't really funny.
It's just stupid.

Are you serious?! Worked your entire life WITHOUT job-site humor? Yes
it is humorous and having fun at work is healthy, reduces stress and
makes time fly.

Unless you are a sourpuss. Then folks let you live in you own little
space -- all by your lonesome.

I had plenty of humor, without making a stupid ass of myself by asking people to
waste time doing obviously impossible things.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 9:16*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
I had plenty of humor, without making a stupid ass of myself by asking people
to waste time doing obviously impossible things.-

Wanna buy some dehydrated water?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thomas wrote:
On Oct 26, 9:16 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
I had plenty of humor, without making a stupid ass of myself by
asking people to waste time doing obviously impossible things.-

Wanna buy some dehydrated water?

Never touch the stuff. Dihydrogen monoxide is good enough for me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

No one can afford beverages, any more. Due to Bee Ho, we be
drinking Dee Ho.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bob F" wrote in message

Wanna buy some dehydrated water?

Never touch the stuff. Dihydrogen monoxide is good enough
for me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 9:24*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Love to hear more...

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Rookies are fun. I was once sent to get a "bucket of
electricity"
(code name for extension cord). Lesson learned :-/

I told an incoming shift one day we had a missing employee.
Gasp!

Then I pointed to a digital Avery label picture I had placed
on a milk
carton. *We will find him, yet! eyes rolled

One boss sent an employee out to count buffo toads at night
so he
could figure out what measures he would need to get rid of
'em.

(I have more examples of rookie fun)

Oh those days are still funny to me.

Boy Scouts:

Left (or Right) Handed Smoke Shifters

A Sky Hook

A cup of propane

The cannon report

The keys to the oar locks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 17:04:30 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Oct 26, 9:24*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Love to hear more...

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Rookies are fun. I was once sent to get a "bucket of
electricity"
(code name for extension cord). Lesson learned :-/

I told an incoming shift one day we had a missing employee.
Gasp!

Then I pointed to a digital Avery label picture I had placed
on a milk
carton. *We will find him, yet! eyes rolled

One boss sent an employee out to count buffo toads at night
so he
could figure out what measures he would need to get rid of
'em.

(I have more examples of rookie fun)

Oh those days are still funny to me.

Boy Scouts:

Left (or Right) Handed Smoke Shifters

A Sky Hook

A cup of propane

What's wrong with that? I just bought 1280 cups of propane this afternoon.
$.18 per cup.

The cannon report

The keys to the oar locks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 21:33:53 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

Back in the service days we used the send the "cruits" out for boxes of grid
squares, there was always the need for some squelch oil and of course the
infamous left handed screw drivers!

Metric pipe wrench.

That sounds like a left handed monkey wrench.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 6:24*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Love to hear more...

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Rookies are fun. I was once sent to get a "bucket of
electricity"
(code name for extension cord). Lesson learned :-/

I told an incoming shift one day we had a missing employee.
Gasp!

Then I pointed to a digital Avery label picture I had placed
on a milk
carton. *We will find him, yet! eyes rolled

One boss sent an employee out to count buffo toads at night
so he
could figure out what measures he would need to get rid of
'em.

(I have more examples of rookie fun)

Oh those days are still funny to me.

Used to give a metal ruler to the novice and ask that he confirm the
distance measurement between the battery terminals.

Or distance between the charged capacitor terminals.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 9:24*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Love to hear more...

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Rookies are fun. I was once sent to get a "bucket of
electricity"
(code name for extension cord). Lesson learned :-/

I told an incoming shift one day we had a missing employee.
Gasp!

Then I pointed to a digital Avery label picture I had placed
on a milk
carton. *We will find him, yet! eyes rolled

One boss sent an employee out to count buffo toads at night
so he
could figure out what measures he would need to get rid of
'em.

(I have more examples of rookie fun)

Oh those days are still funny to me.

All these are examples of degenerate humor, laughs at someone's
expense. Now I appreciate a good practical joke or trick of the new
guy, but this kind quickly ends up with degrading and exploitive
treatment. The current output of Hollywood, the situational comedy
(Sit Com) is the result. I learned (and enjoy) the English style of
humor where no-one gets shamed or ridiculed.

John
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:47:52 -0700 (PDT), rlz
wrote:

On Oct 26, 10:35*am, RonB wrote:
On Oct 26, 8:24*am, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
Love to hear more...

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Rookies are fun. I was once sent to get a "bucket of
electricity"
(code name for extension cord). Lesson learned :-/

I told an incoming shift one day we had a missing employee.
Gasp!

Then I pointed to a digital Avery label picture I had placed
on a milk
carton. *We will find him, yet! eyes rolled

One boss sent an employee out to count buffo toads at night
so he
could figure out what measures he would need to get rid of
'em.

(I have more examples of rookie fun)

Oh those days are still funny to me.

Send the young seaman to the docks to bring back 20 yards of
waterline.

RonB- Hide quoted text -

Let's not forget the need to produce an ID-10-T card...

robin

Our sys admins actually used that for the admin password.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 28, 4:46*am, teabird wrote:
On Oct 26, 9:24*am, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
Love to hear more...

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

[...]

In nature, laughter is the sound of triumph. There are various ways
to triumph ...over others, over yourself.

However the tripe on American TV [sitcoms, Funniest Videos, etc.]
shows NO sensitivity to others, and there in lies their weakness.
Plus, no subtletly, which is worse.

For example, the original Tracey Ulman show had NO laugh track and was
uproariously funny. For the reruns, some idiot added laugh tracks,
which rendered the shows unviewable. ..obnoxious actually.
Inappropriate laugh track sounds are distracting. Just as distracting
as trying to enjoy a comedian and the idiotic director suddenly shows
people in the audience laughing. What do I care about those people?

True. Americans can lack humor, look at the sad attempts to remake
successful French comedies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 09:13:42 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

Let's not forget the need to produce an ID-10-T card...

robin

Our sys admins actually used that for the admin password.

There used to be a DOS command switch for a program. I have forgotten
the title.

-noidea
-noclue