Posted to misc.consumers.house,sci.engr.lighting,alt.home.repair

Default incandescent light bulb phase-out in the U.S. (are flood bulbs exempt?)

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 20:13:33 -0500, "
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 18:27:36 -0400, "Michael Angelo" michael@angelo wrote:

No need to stock up on old technology,

Too late. I've already piled up about 400 60W clear bulbs.

energy-saving halogens to the rescue.

http://www.thedailygreen.com/environ...-bulb-ban-0711

http://www.lighting.philips.com/us_e...oducts&lang=en

Halogens are great for some uses. I don't like them where the bulb is part of
the looks of the fixture, which almost all of mine are. They're blinding if
directly in the eyes. Shadows seem worse, too.

There is no reason why a halogen incandescent lamp cannot be desiogned
with the same light diffucing coating used for regular incandescent
lamps. Have you ever seen a normal incandescent lamp in a clear bulb?
It is also rather blinding. The issue of "blinding" is not related to
halogen or non-halogen.

Vic Roberts
http://www.RobertsResearchInc.com
http://www.cflfacts.com
sci.engr.lighting Rogues Gallery http://www.langmuir.org
To reply via e-mail:
replace xyz with vdr in the Reply to: address
or use e-mail address listed at the Web site.

This information is provided for educational purposes only.
It may not be used in any publication or posted on any Web
site without written permission.
Posted to misc.consumers.house,sci.engr.lighting,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 18:27:36 -0400, "Michael Angelo" michael@angelo wrote:

No need to stock up on old technology,

Too late. I've already piled up about 400 60W clear bulbs.

energy-saving halogens to the rescue.

http://www.thedailygreen.com/environ...-bulb-ban-0711

http://www.lighting.philips.com/us_e...oducts&lang=en

Halogens are great for some uses. I don't like them where the bulb is part of
the looks of the fixture, which almost all of mine are. They're blinding if
directly in the eyes. Shadows seem worse, too.

There is no reason why a halogen incandescent lamp cannot be desiogned
with the same light diffucing coating used for regular incandescent
lamps. Have you ever seen a normal incandescent lamp in a clear bulb?

Certainly. I have a lifetime supply squirreled away. I have something like
50 of them around my house (one of many reasons CFL is out). If you'd been
reading, you would have known this.

It is also rather blinding. The issue of "blinding" is not related to
halogen or non-halogen.

Sure it is.