Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power tool Batteries

If you were going to replace that batteries in a 12v Dewalt drill, would you
get NIMH or NICAD

Roanin

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 22, 9:30*pm, "Roanin" wrote:
If you were going to replace that batteries in a 12v Dewalt drill, would you
get NIMH or NICAD

Roanin

primecell.com rebuilds the packs replacing all the cells with newer
larger capacity ones. you can check their webpage for cost vs
operation dfferences.

they do a excellent job at affordable prices
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Roanin" wrote in message
If you were going to replace that batteries in a 12v Dewalt drill, would
you get NIMH or NICAD

Roanin

I'd go NIMH. Try www.primecell.com for prices. I've used them a few times
and they do good work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You didn't answer the question.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"bob haller" wrote in message
On Aug 22, 9:30 pm, "Roanin" wrote:
If you were going to replace that batteries in a 12v
Dewalt drill, would you
get NIMH or NICAD

Roanin

primecell.com rebuilds the packs replacing all the cells
with newer
larger capacity ones. you can check their webpage for cost
vs
operation dfferences.

they do a excellent job at affordable prices

Posted to alt.home.repair

I prefer the higher capacity NiMH cells.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Roanin" wrote in message
If you were going to replace that batteries in a 12v Dewalt
drill, would you
get NIMH or NICAD

Roanin

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/23/11 08:11 am, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I prefer the higher capacity NiMH cells.

Are you sure that NiCd charging circuitry is appropriate for NiMH batteries?

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

Roanin wrote:
If you were going to replace that batteries in a 12v Dewalt drill,
would you get NIMH or NICAD

Roanin

I see there are a lot of battery rebuilders out there. I had Voltman
Batteries in Mansfield Ohio rebuild one last august. It lasted till April of
this year. I would expect for $40 it would last longer than 8- 9 months as
The other original battery is still going strong after several years
Primecell seemed kind of snotty when I emailed them, plus they have a crummy
warranty too. (90 days). I see some that have one year warranties. Is there
a site someone knows that reviews these rebuilders? I have even seen ones
for sale on ebay and other places that do not require you to send in your
battery and are cheaper than Primecell. Some are cheaper for a new complete
aftermarket battery than to rebuild yours. Just saying wonder how you know
you got a reputable rebuilder...

Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote in
:

On Aug 22, 9:30*pm, "Roanin" wrote:
If you were going to replace that batteries in a 12v Dewalt drill,
would

you
get NIMH or NICAD

Roanin

primecell.com rebuilds the packs replacing all the cells with newer
larger capacity ones. you can check their webpage for cost vs
operation dfferences.

they do a excellent job at affordable prices

Interstate Batteries rebuilds if there's one near you.

http://www.interstatebatteries.com/c...r/Default.aspx
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Roanin" wrote:
If you were going to replace that batteries in a 12v Dewalt drill, would you
get NIMH or NICAD

Roanin

I would stick to nicads, especially if your using the same charger.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

No, I am not. Actually, unless the charger says NiMH
capable, it's probably not.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
On 08/23/11 08:11 am, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I prefer the higher capacity NiMH cells.

Are you sure that NiCd charging circuitry is appropriate for
NiMH batteries?

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ROANIN" wrote
I have even seen ones for sale on ebay and other places that do not
require you to send in your battery and are cheaper than Primecell.

Primecell rebuilds YOUR battery pack. The only way to do that is to send it
to them. Are the cheaper ones the same quality? Same cells? Same
ratings?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"ROANIN" wrote
I have even seen ones for sale on ebay and other places that do not
require you to send in your battery and are cheaper than Primecell.

Primecell rebuilds YOUR battery pack. The only way to do that is to
send it to them. Are the cheaper ones the same quality? Same
cells? Same ratings?

Have no idea that is why I was asking. Anyone used anyone here besides
Primecell? I used Voltman and had miserable results. The cheaper ones
advertise 1 year warranty and have been around a while. Primecell only
warranties for 90 days. Lots to choose from, the question is who's claims do
you believe.